The Nonsense thread

Overtime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

When I was too young (about 13) to be watching this my 2 cousins had me watching this anyway on cable TV. I had NEVER seen anything remotely like it. My speed was Frankenstein, Wolfman, etc. It was almost a coming-of-age thing. Even the films one nude scene (I think one) was a surprize because my cousins didn't mention it until it happened. The scene with the people planted in the garden was absolutely SHOCKING! Something so terrible, yet I was sitting there with my 2 cousins laughing our head's off! I remember bragging to friends that I saw this. Telling them about the sign going from MOTEL HELLO to MOTEL HELL, etc. Since then I've come to appreciate movies like this for what they are. I bought this last year (DVD with the hair-raising DERANGED on the reverse side) and watched it for the first time in about 20 years. I remember it being better...but it was still fun. There's nothing quite like seeing a film like this or maybe DAWN OF THE DEAD for the first time. So shocking...scary as hell...but soon it sort fo wears off. How do you top it? Last truly scarey film I saw was Blair Witch Project. (Feel free to disagree as to it's scary-ness). Sixth Sense was good but far from scary. Signs just wasn't. I'd like that feeling again when I first saw MOTEL HELL!

snub-nosed-sneezing-monkey-found-eaten_27911_600x450.jpg

Sneezing Snub-Nosed Monkey

Photograph courtesy Ngwe Lwin

A new monkey species in Myanmar is so snub-nosed that rainfall is said to makes it sneeze—but that's apparently the least of its problems, conservationists announced in October.

The only scientifically observed specimen (pictured) had been killed by local hunters the time researchers found it—and was eaten soon after.

wood-eating-armored-catfish-log_26196_600x450.jpg

Wood-Eating Catfish

Photograph by Michael Goulding/Copeia

A new species of armored, wood-eating catfish (pictured underwater) found in the Amazon rain forest feeds on a fallen tree in the Santa Ana River in Peru in 2006.

Other so-called suckermouth armored catfish species use their unique teeth to scrape organic material from the surfaces of submerged wood. But the new, as yet unnamed, species is among the dozen or so catfish species known to actually ingest wood, National Geographic News reported in September.

new-handfish-species-pink_20881_600x450.jpg

Pink Handfish

Photograph courtesy Karen Gowlett-Holmes

Using its fins to walk, rather than swim, along the ocean floor in an undated picture, the pink handfish is one of nine newly named species described in a scientific review of the handfish family released in May.

Only four specimens of the elusive four-inch (ten-centimeter) pink handfish have ever been found, and all of those were collected from areas around the city of Hobart (map), on the Australian island of Tasmania.