The Nonsense thread

Overtime

Just wanted to see if what.cd had any 90s/early00's techno/house vinyl rips.

Remember seeing some artists entire discography ripped and uploaded on some sites.

I'm not really into vinyl rips but if you can navigate in russian, http://rutracker.org/ has a gang of that shit. Just an email address, ratioless. A lot of the shit on there isn't on what.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
What the fuck are 70+ year old doing at a gym?

It's a YMCA... Not one of those trendy "bro" gyms where everyone is showing off...

YMCAs often have senior citizen centers, child daycare centers, etc. So there's everyone from children to old folks. But the bros are there too, as are the women in the tight spandex with too much make-up for a workout...

Moogle

yea I use soulseek a lot actually. But some stuff isn't on there and other stuff just takes forever with 1000+ in queue and I'm tired of donating to jump queue.

-xen-

I'll take a look around rut, hopefully find some nice stuff.

and to keep it nonsense, here's a penis i drew in zetamaze last night...

SQirUXn.png

You’ve seen this since elementary school:

enhanced-buzz-13950-1380034566-10.jpg

This is what the world actually looks like:

enhanced-buzz-3338-1380034677-0.jpg

Germany is nowhere near the center, Alaska could fit inside Mexico, Africa is gigantic.

http://www.worldmapper.org/display.php?selected=1

The Peters Projection World Map is one of the most stimulating, and controversial, images of the world. When this map was first introduced by historian and cartographer Dr. Arno Peters at a Press Conference in Germany in 1974 it generated a firestorm of debate. The first English-version of the map was published in 1983, and it continues to have passionate fans as well as staunch detractors.

The earth is round. The challenge of any world map is to represent a round earth on a flat surface. There are literally thousands of map projections. Each has certain strengths and corresponding weaknesses. Choosing among them is an exercise in values clarification: you have to decide what's important to you. That is generally determined by the way you intend to use the map. The Peters Projection is an area accurate map.

The Peters Map and The Mercator Map

Which is bigger, Greenland or China? With the traditional Mercator map (circa 1569, and still in use in many schoolrooms and boardrooms today), Greenland and China look the same size. But in reality China is almost 4 times larger! In response to such discrepancies, Dr. Arno Peters created a new world map that dramatically improves the accuracy of how we see the Earth.

compare.gif

Mercator's projection (created at a time when navigators were sailing on the oceans in wooden ships, powered by the wind, and navigating by the stars) was particularly useful because straight lines on his projection were lines of constant compass bearing. Today the Mercator projection still remains useful for navigational purposes and is referred to by seafarers and airline pilots.

The Mercator is also a "conformal" map projection. This means that it shows shapes pretty much the way they appear on the globe. The mapmaker's dilemma is that you cannot show both shape and size accurately. If you want a true shape for the land masses you will necessarily sacrifice proportionality, i.e., the relative sizes will be distorted.

http://www.petersmap.com/

• Like 1