skateboarding is NOT a sport

Guest im not witty

Guest im not witty

haha totally.

MUSKA. his name was born to be on merchandise.

basically im just bitter, because i see kids now skating, (I.E. taking up all the space at the park.) and its like they arent even having fun. theyre just there because they think they should be. and they got all the "right gear" and shit. i mean literally 1o years old with fucking PISS DRUNX written on their decks.

when i was thier age. (hahaha), i saw no videos, knew no other skaters

i couldnt even do tricks at all for like the first 3 or 4 years. i had no place to learn how, or even what tricks "existed" to do. i just did the shit cause it was fucking rad to me. now these kids think that if you cant kickflip in the first week of skating then you suck and youre nobody. and thats because of this competitive idea of skating thats been drilled into them. so they spend all thier time trying to do all this shit they have no business trying, because they have no foundation. fuck the tricks. let me see you ride ninja. lemme see some flow, some fucking style.

its like trying a KEMA peice without ever having drawn straight letters for years. aint gonna happen.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pffft... I draw kema pieces all the time.

Just hold thin paper up tothe monitor and trace away.

Voila! Insta-Funk.

welll...... looks likethis whole thing has sorted itself out.

I'm outta here.... there's a blender with my name on it.

later skater

Its all up to personal perception. Any action can be made into a sport, and any action can be considered somthing deeper or could be considered dancing.... But in terms of sports how we normally look at them... When I and most other people skateboard its not a sport. Actually, there are a bunch of stupid kids who think skateboarding is all about doing better tricks for your friends. Honestly I have been skating for over 5 years, and I have never pulled a kickflip. I just do whats fun on a skateboard, and that is cruzing, and carving turns. I dont see whats fun about busting a nollie heel flip or whatever.

Originally posted by suburbian bum

Honestly I have been skating for over 5 years, and I have never pulled a kickflip. I just do whats fun on a skateboard, and that is cruzing, and carving turns. I dont see whats fun about busting a nollie heel flip or whatever.

I'm in pretty much the same boat. I've been skating for about 4 years and for awhile i tried to learn tricks, then i realized working for hours and days only to land a couple kickflips was retarded, so i just started fucking around and doing whats fun. I'll still try to do tricks, but they consist mainly of ollies, 180s, popshuvits, manuels, and grinds on simple shit like curbs and ledges. Its all about just having fun with skating.

I'm sure i'd have fun doing nollie flips if i could do them, i won't deny that, i'm just saying i don't like the whole mass amount of time spent stressing over learning tricks. If you have fun learning nollie flips, then keep on doing them. I'm just saying i hate seeing the kids who you can tell aren't even really enjoying themselves, they're just trying to learn some ridiculous tricks to impress others.

I don't ever see that kinda shit for a few reasons.... first off I never, ever skate parks... its retarded waiting to try a lineledgerail whatfuckingever and then being snaked by some stupid kid

i only skateboard with my friends who love skating as much as I do... and the only reason i ever learned how to do the illllshit was the motivation from the friend factor....

skating with your boys is the best way to get better without really having to practice... cause you inspire each other

but why skateboard when you can snowboard? yeah boyeeeeee

Originally posted by JohnnyHorton

Fuck pro skaters though, pro snowboarders are where its at for coolass party hounds that are super hardcore (THE WILDCATS!!!)

^wonk saggin^

http://i.timeinc.net/snow/content/images/V16N05/oversize/SNB1605037.jpg'>

http://i.timeinc.net/snow/content/images/V16N05/oversize/SNB1605046.jpg'>

http://i.timeinc.net/snow/content/images/V16N05/oversize/SNB1605039.jpg'>

Sport or not, I've seen humans do some pretty ridiculous shit on a skateboard. No need to get bent out of shape over some arbitrary title that's been given to something, when it's awesomeness is apparent in the action itself.

Being a ninja isn’t a sport either, but they're still pretty neat.

Maybe you're right when you say it's not a sport, but it's totally irrelevant.

Guest Ted Wakowski
Originally posted by horse cock

why does everyone feel the need to throw a label on fucking EVERYTHING???

Quiet, LABEL-HATER!

Guest im not witty

i know this shit is a dead horse to everyone at this point. but my homegirl read this shit and wanted to comment. so i felt obliged to include. feel free to let this sink to the bottom once again. i dont give a fuck.

"i like the comparison that this im not witty

drew. don't deny its smart. but quit

arguing just for arguments sake. is that necessary

cause football isn't being respected as an art,

if so fucking cut and paste pictures of them

jumping and catching and quit painting your face

and fat man boobs orange and spitting cheap beer

all over the place like disgusting bovines while

oggling the cheerleaders that are fucking busy

fighting for their rights as equal "sportsmen".

and okay Bboys, you can have your "sport" too,

with a side of shut up and make your own little

thread.

So, I conclude that Football is competition.

Skateboarding is emulation. and only rivalry

fucks it all up for all the true dirt driveway

skatebabies. Nollie on that."

hahaha thats my fuckin DAWG

i skateboarded for 6 years and my friends and i progressed so fast it wasn't even funny. we'd always fuck around in like 6th grade but didn't start really getting into it until the summer after seventh grade.

by ninth grade we were doing handrails and shit. but all we did was have a fuckin blast and it came naturally to us. we never practiced or worried about what tricks the pros were doing. we just did our thing and when wed skate around other cats they were pretty hyped on our skill.

i broke my ankle on a mini ramp at some bullshit skate park up in connecticut in january of freshman year of high school and had to get three screws put in. my foot was dangling off of my leg. I'm sitting there hysterical and one of my friends points and says "danglin jimmy". I flipped on him with my foot hanging from my leg. my growth plates got all fucked up and shit so i thought i was pretty much done with skating. but i got back into it with some encouragement from friends and a solid aircast.

In june i was back to 100% and had every trick back except for any switch tricks. i'd sprain my front foot alot more than the back one so i wouldn't do switch tricks cause my fucked up foot would be in front.

i skated hard for another four years until going into sophmore year in college when i just stopped completely. maybe 2 or 3 of my friends still skate compared to fucking 25-30 back in the day. i have no clue where i went with this story.

Guest im not witty

^no where really but i still enjoyed reading it. i quit skating when i went to college because i didnt know anyone there who skated and i wasnt feeling skating alone. now i almost hate to skate with other people, unless im real comfortable around them. skating alone is the norm now, crowds are distracting.

point is its never too late to start skating again. and when it stops being fun, thats when you quit. by that rational ill have a 1/4 pipe in the backyard at the rest home.

Archived