skateboarding is NOT a sport

Guest im not witty

I almost copied your story exactly.

as soon as I got to college I dropped it. same reasons...four years later and I picked it up again, I dont know any areas to skate very well except the local park (Id much rather prefer the street) but, I wake up early, only time I really have and go to the park for three hours or so, bymyself or at times with this other guy whos 40....stopped skating for 20 years and picked it up again...(he shreds) point being its a release, its fun, I love it, and know that Im doing it again, raelize just how much I missed it. Its all about skating for you and enjoying it, I was skeptical at first seeing all these young kids busting insane shit, worried about sucking, or im too old, or shit I could break my ankle...but you get past that, and it feels damn good getting out there, in fact Im trying to get out as much as possible, free time allowing me to do so.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest im not witty

amen. i recently moved to a diff city and the park here is better by leaps and bounds than the one where i went to school. so i go there often. and for every 5 little kids that sucks and snakes you, or stands oblivious right where im trying to go. theres one who rips. like these LITTLE kids anywhere from 11-14 who are doing kickflip boards down rails and frontside flips over the hip. its mind blowing, but at the same time, cant let it get to you. growing up a skater now is so different than it was.

im just happy to still be progressing, still learning new things everyday. i dont think that ever stops.

skate or die brah. HAHA

its kinda funny, but I started landing tricks better than before, and even feel like im learning some stuff faster now, it guess its cause im stronger now, have more ups and shit but its a great feeling...

and yeah thats why i go to the park in the morning, =no people, last friday it was me and the old dude, he comes up turns his truck stereo on to some white stripes and then some odl 70s mix of rock...and just ripped for an hour or two...it was excellent. but when it gets crowded..you have no chance...which is why it sucks...

shitty thing is im moving in like a week, and I just got into this park here....so now Ill have to start all over again finding a place to go...

Guest im not witty

i wish man. place doesnt open till 4, so its sometimes more of a daycare than a skatepark. and theres no old rippers there, that would be too rad. im double the age of 80% of the kids there no doubt. which has its advantages at times. like, hey little kid, get the fuck outta my way with your razor scooter before i kill you. ok sir.

i also grew up just skating flat ground and curbs and stuff. im super psyched on learning to skate transition, i wish i had started a long time ago. its such a different style.

Originally posted by im not witty

i also grew up just skating flat ground and curbs and stuff. im super psyched on learning to skate transition, i wish i had started a long time ago. its such a different style.

laudamercy...I never had any idea how fucking much of a work out it was....its funny im teacking the old guy how to ollie and get used to flatground type shit, and hes teaching me to ride the walls and all that, but seriously after about half an hour my legs were burning...but it was the first time I trtied and I was satisfied..it felt great just because I bnever thought Id do that.

old rippers rule...he keeps telling me about all these stories back in the day and like hanging out with rodney mullen and shit, and showing me some freestyle tricks...its a trip!

I stopped skateboarding so much to snowboard almost full time.... summer jibbingtrampoline styles... that kinda shit

I know a kid who's 8 or 9 years old... this kid took third place at Forum's Youngblood comp at Rabbit hill this year... its sick snowboarding with him ... the kid is barely 4'11 and he's hucking fs 720's like it ain't no thang

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by im not witty

and okay Bboys, you can have your "sport" too,

with a side of shut up and make your own little

thread.

Tell this woman I love her.

just because you arent on a team or something doesnt automatically exclude something from being a spot............i think that anything that is somewhat of a game and that you can get better at is a spot in my book.you might not be scoring goals but your landing a new trick or learning a new grind

Archived