believe in god?

MANIK DEK

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by El Mamerro

What's the difference between the first and third options? I've always seen them as equivalent.

When people say god it usually pertains to the Christian religion (as opposed to allah, etc).. I think the 3rd option would work better if it said You believe in a higher power but do not follow a certain religion. hi

Originally posted by slave_one

classic deto pink...much better

hmmm... the classic deto is not actually pink. wonk saggin!

and sometimes I wish he'd go back to it.

disclaimer:

this is only a very simple explaination for what i believe (or the best i could come up with without writing a novel). please keep in mind i go through this in my head every now and then and am very far from even figuring out 0.00000000000000000000000000000001% of the mysteries of the universe. but this is what i have so far:

i have come to the conclusion that i believe "god" to be the energy that is present in every cell, molecule and atom in the universe. "god" created the universe - well, we now realised it was energy that did that. therefore god=energy.

religion is our (man's) way of putting a human face/name on this energy, and worshipping this "god" is an outdated and pretty silly idea. i believe "god" is to be appreciated and respected, not worshipped.

[/bollocks]

<span style='color:pink'>

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

disclaimer:

this is only a very simple explaination for what i believe (or the best i could come up with without writing a novel). please keep in mind i go through this in my head every now and then and am very far from even figuring out 0.00000000000000000000000000000001% of the mysteries of the universe. but this is what i have so far:

i have come to the conclusion that i believe "god" to be the energy that is present in every cell, molecule and atom in the universe. "god" created the universe - well, we now realised it was energy that did that. therefore god=energy.

religion is our (man's) way of putting a human face/name on this energy, and worshipping this "god" is an outdated and pretty silly idea. i believe "god" is to be appreciated and respected, not worshipped.

[/bollocks]

i really like how my man abc, put this down....

thank you, come again!</span>

i believe in god and im catholic, and i think hes over all a cool and smart being (he made the world and all that physics stuff fer cryin outloud).

therefore, i also think that if theres someone who doesnt belive in him, but is essentially a good person will be "saved" in the end, contrary to someone who believes in him but is essentially a bad person.

i admit church can be boring but sometimes you get to hear someone else's point of view on an issue that you hadnt thought about (regardless if you agree with it or not, it helps you define your own opinion).

i dont judge people based on religion or lack thereof.

i dont know if religion is for the weak or not, but i do know that ditching church is alot easier than going to it, along with not trying to sin and all that other stuff.

I'm reading a book called Guns, Germs, and Steel. To put it simply, its a history of the world.

Now to my point: in one chapter, a recollection of the first Spanish encounter with the Incas, which was put together from multiple letters to Charles I of Spain, goes on to justify the slaughter of thousands of "unconverted" in the name of God.

Then the chapter goes on to say that the Incan Emperor was held for ransom "for a room of gold 20 feet long, 20 feet wide, to a height of 8 feet".

I don't really have a point, but interpret as you will.

*edit - forgot the 'r' in interp'r'et

Archived