INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

^or, i forgot...any oil will work for oil based mediums- linseed would be my first choice...art stores have it. in theory, you could use olive, vegetable or mineral (baby) oil. i've never tried it, but....you're better off with thinner or spirits of some kind. if it's the health problems that concern you, use common sense- gloves and ventilation are two precautions you can take. try to find out what your medium is made with, and use alike or similar solvents. and, use a little bit at a time and test it to see if it gets streaky- if it does, add more paint or ink. it just takes practice and patience, you'll get it.

ok so check it, i know this doesnt have anything to do with an ink recipe, but i really wanna share this with you people cause i know its a fuckin bitch to get the ink stains from our skin off with just soap and water. i found out a good way to remove [most] of the ink from your skin. just try it out. while you're in the shower, get some shampoo and something to lather with. i used some garnier shit from the states but im sure others would do. and then just lather up and press against where you got ink stains. it should take most of it off and then in a couple of days the skin stain will come out naturally. so yea, if this has been a waste of time, whoops but it worked for me. peace.

^the best hand cleaner i've ever used was made by phil wood- it's made specifically for bike shops. it's totally nontoxic and doesn't dry out your hands. it gets 95% of the crap off of them, too. find it at http://www.performancebike.com. it's $6 for a 16 oz. tub, and is easily worth twice that. my broke ass uses a two step process- first, i put vegetable oil on my hands and scrub them. then, i use some boraxo and dish soap to wash off the crud. it's an 8 out of 10...the phil stuff even removes stains- 9 out of ten. damn, i'm buying some tomorrow.....

Yeah so am i but I think I can get it...

Also recipes for poor people :p

Garvey

Acetone/ nail vanish remover

DOT3

Sound good?

Also

Candy Ink? What isit, isit just ink that smells nice?

Rainbow Ink? I see a pic on here its like multicolour ink looks well nice how would you make it?

the cheapest way to get up permanently-

find some alkyd paint. sometimes, paint/hardware store have mistints they sell dirt cheap- sometimes. second best is a hi-hide outdoor enamel. once you have some paint, get a water bottle with a closable top. any squeeze bottle will do, really. pour some into the bottle, and put the cap back on. squeeze the bottle and see how fast it comes out. slower- more control. faster- dries sooner. anyway, this can be used for sidewalk tags, and if you hold the bottle 90 degrees to a surface, it's a kind of messy, drippy paint pen. the cool thing about alkyd is that it turns to plastic as it dries...and lasts a really long time. you may not dig it at first, but as you get the hang of it you'll adapt tags to the medium- cursive and scrolls are fun this way.

if you want to make a big tag, use the same paint. go find an old broom or a mop, and use it as a brush- don't skimp on the paint, be ghetto fabulous. streets and intersections are fun this way but the tag never dries before cars obliterate it. have fun, and don't worry about what everyone else thinks. if they ask, tell 'em you're in art school and this is your pollock period.... that'll shut them up.

Originally posted by destroya@Aug 31 2005, 05:33 PM

how good is grog ink? the website itself sings praises, but we should all know that businesses tend to try to shine as favorably a light on their product as possible.

that crossed my mind, too. most euro inks i've seen are alcohol based, which look good but are not long-lasting outdoors. however, these guys seem to know what they're talking about....my only concern would be quality control, i.e. knowing if they had it formulated and professionally made or if it was whipped up in a bucket in someone's back yard...with some good batches and some not so good. if i get it i'll post up a little review on it....does anyone know if grog can this be bought in the states (domestically)? let me know.

Originally posted by whoneedsavet@Aug 31 2005, 01:33 PM

Candy ink is an ink as i stated before that has very strong staining power it starts staining the second it is applied to any surface. The ink by nature tends to evaporate when outside of its original container so if you have it USE IT!

I can recall a time when i had a mini OTR full of it, I left it sitting in the back of my closet while waiting to sell it to somebody and wheni went to retrieve it two weeks later it was empty.

Because it is an insider secret most people dont know about it and as such cannot give you correct info on the matter.

Ill try to get some pictures of it in action sometime soon.

Originally posted by CACashRefund+Aug 31 2005, 10:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CACashRefund - Aug 31 2005, 10:08 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-whoneedsavet@Aug 31 2005, 01:33 PM

Candy ink is an ink as i stated before that has very strong staining power it starts staining the second it is applied to any surface. The ink by nature tends to evaporate when outside of its original container so if you have it USE IT!

I can recall a time when i had a mini OTR full of it, I left it sitting in the back of my closet while waiting to sell it to somebody and wheni went to retrieve it two weeks later it was empty.

Because it is an insider secret most people dont know about it and as such cannot give you correct info on the matter.

Ill try to get some pictures of it in action sometime soon.

[/b]

is there anyway to tweak candy ink to get it to be more weathrproof/lightfast? i used it back in the bushopper days...way before i knew of anything besides that and pilot. i love the colors, but watching your tags fade over a period of days is frustrating, you know. i know where there's a ton of it (i'm pretty sure you know the spot, too, i think) but i've passed on it in favor of garvey recently- it runs forever and it stains just as well, but there's only two colors. pm me if you want, i've been meaning to ask you about this...also, can it be used as a tint for rolmark? my guess is that it would work.

Originally posted by flip words@Aug 31 2005, 12:08 AM

ok so check it, i know this doesnt have anything to do with an ink recipe, but i really wanna share this with you people cause i know its a fuckin bitch to get the ink stains from our skin off with just soap and water. i found out a good way to remove [most] of the ink from your skin. just try it out. while you're in the shower, get some shampoo and something to lather with. i used some garnier shit from the states but im sure others would do. and then just lather up and press against where you got ink stains. it should take most of it off and then in a couple of days the skin stain will come out naturally. so yea, if this has been a waste of time, whoops but it worked for me. peace.

alright since were sharing hand-cleaning secrets...

this is my ultimate solution! works everytime! now not many people know about it so don't tell a lot of people. are you guys ready?

okay. warm water...and soap. this is a special concoction that ive perfected over the years. now mix them into a lather on your hands, and take a towel (this is the tricky part) scrub your hands...works every time! NOW SHHHHHHH! dont tell a soul! :idea:

hey lemme know your guys' opinion on this mix:

1. a good ink (eg. garvey, marsh, pilot ink)

2. dot 3 brake fluid

3. bleach

4. xylene

blend it, put it all into a pilot marker (not a mop because the xylene would eat away the plastic). the bleach would lighten the color, so it gives it some originality. the dot 3 and xylene will [eventually] eat away paint and stain through electric boxes and signs.