INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ah, i am not familiar with that stuff, i will rack some and see if that works, thanks, it maybe works with gv also but my target is dark blue/purple, they keep buffing my silver marker tags, i want something longer lasting, i m also looking for some stuff that will remove the colour from coloured plastic so my tags will be white after the chemical did its work

So I got some griffin scuff cover and made a mop if i add the aluminum dust will it weather ok? I mean after it rains will it still sparkle? Also will all the dust go with the drips or will most remain where it was applied? Also im pretty dissapointed with the opacity. did I get the right kind of griffin (scuff cover)?

Originally posted by MAR@Sep 11 2005, 07:50 PM

So I got some griffin scuff cover and made a mop if i add the aluminum dust will it weather ok? I mean after it rains will it still sparkle? Also will all the dust go with the drips or will most remain where it was applied? Also im pretty dissapointed with the opacity. did I get the right kind of griffin (scuff cover)?

The alumium dust if mixed properly will go where th paint goes, so there should be a little bit of it everywhere the paint is. So if it drips then there will be sparkle sin there too.

Youre suppose to get this griffin:

grisdbk25.jpg

Originally posted by 5iveDee@Sep 11 2005, 07:57 PM

Is acrylic ink any good? I made a marker out of a zig and just put this green acrylic ink in with nail polish remover, what else would be good to put in so it stains harder? And preferably something clear so I keep the color

Paint wont stain. In most cases, youre better off using ink if you want it to stain.

im new to this forum, n i been graffin since the start of this year .. n i dont mean to be a fuckhead and change the subject u guys are on, but for the chapstick marker, wat can i use for the tip ? if you guys got any suggestions that work .. and do i put wax on the inside bottom of the chapstick or on the outside twisty bit ? thanks ..

sucessfully made my mop and rocked it over town.

My recipe just in case someone cares:

Griffin scuff cover (black), medium sharpie poster paint marker, copper colored aluminum dust . and small pieces of metal for mixing

i dumped it into a o'glue pen and ran around town.

sparkle coverage is pretty good it makes you do a double take. next time ill use a lighter metal, like silver or light gold.

Originally posted by MAR@Sep 15 2005, 01:19 PM

sucessfully made my mop and rocked it over town.

My recipe just in case someone cares:

Griffin scuff cover (black), medium sharpie poster paint marker, copper colored aluminum dust . and small pieces of metal for mixing

i dumped it into a o'glue pen and ran around town.

sparkle coverage is pretty good it makes you do a double take. next time ill use a lighter metal, like silver or light gold.

hah .. i made my chapstick marker yesterday , it leaks like fuck .. everytime i open it to use it, ink goes all over my hands ! it works pretty damn good though ..

You want an opaque ink? Here's one of my favorites. I've been waiting for someone to bring it up.

[attachmentid=21443]

This is Marsh Rolmark. It's a white ink that works really, really good...if you do it right, and it takes practice. Get a can of this. It's out there, trust me.

[attachmentid=21444]

This is the tint. It can be found at almost any stationery store. Works well alone, too. Usually marketed as Viking or Procolor. Comes in different colors. Pick one.

[attachmentid=21447]

Fill up a mop (no pens!) almost to the top with Rolmark. Start with the tint...I usually add 10 drops at first, then see how that is. To lighten, add white. To darken, add tint. Put a shaker in, like a small nut or bolt- as long as it fits, and won't clog the valve. Put on the valve and cap, shake for a minute, and try it out.

[attachmentid=21448]

This came out a little dark, but that's okay. It will shadow more on porous surfaces. This is on vinyl- not porous in the least.

Try mixing tints to get different colors. Also, almost any stamping ink will work- I made a flourescent yellow mop the other day...the pic doesn't do it justice, but it's bright.

[attachmentid=21449]

Three cons to Rolmark- one, it smells like cat piss. Two, I've never found a solvent for it. It's pretty thin already- in a pinch, I'll let the can settle for a while and pour a bit off the top to cut a mix. And, three- the first couple times you try it, it seems streaky...shake the can for five minutes, and go slow with the line, and it's magic.

As far as where to find Rolmark? I've found it in every city I've lived in for the past ten years, so it's available. Trust me.

The shit runs forever, too...the white lasts the longest, by far. I've seen five year old white tags of mine looking like new. It's got the nice, even Marsh drips. And, it shadows pretty well.

I feel like I haven't kept up here, lately, so I thought I'd share a good one with everyone. All I ask, is that if you are a toy, wait till you can come off well to use this. It was hard to give this up, so do right by it.

[attachmentid=21450]

Here's the door prize. I found these a while back. They're the size of a Pilot, made of hard plastic, screw cap, mop tip. They work really good vertically and not so good horizontally, since you can't squeeze them.

What IS it? I call it a Men or a Pop, depending...weird.

Image061.jpg.612942dae05c86043da69ef8af4242a5.jpg

Image062.jpg.f7c0ead21c57601a28872ec485f68907.jpg

Image062.jpg.8151426f5ec729bb0b809ee6aabf9180.jpg

Image069.jpg.5e14bab47f6770df28ffff5da55f945e.jpg

Image071.jpg.65238f03e64f2d93621c58c226398dca.jpg

shai2.jpg.9e4ac596c7bb23b7175c2a65d30af713.jpg

shai3.jpg.34abd0ca10169511662c418b47cbbd74.jpg

question...

does anyone know if the kind of ink that is used to refill printer ink cartriges if alright for busting,

im mad bored at work so i made a lil glue stick marker, the only ink around, was the ink mentioned earlier, throughout the process i got a shit load on my hands. i know it stains hands, but what about other things, anyone have any experience with something like this. i tryed right on some cardboard and it didnt cover very well... any help?

Stamp refill ink (Procolor, Viking) is in almost every office, and I use it all the time, with great results. The bottles can be used as a pen, too...wait, are you bombing at work? Wow, you must hate your job. Be careful, that shit has a weird way of biting you in the ass. Oh, the ink jet ink isn't too hot, btw...powder toner is a good ink additive, however. Take some home and try it out.