My Mom Died Sunday

KaBar2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

sorry for your loss, my dad smoked and consumed beer on the regular and last month i found he had passed away while i was on a greyhound bus back from new mexico being on a bus for 3 days sucks enough but to have to think about that. needless to say it was the longest 3 days of my life he was only 40! trying to get the moms to quit but easier said than done.

hang in there KaBar. i can't imagine what it would be like to lose my mother. it's funny how young people think they're invincible (myself included). it kinda makes me hope i die swiftly in some freak accident before i get old and my self-destructive behavior catches up with me.

sorry to hear kabar !! stay strong.

i smoked a pack a day for a few years but realized it would be better to quit now vs a bigger fight later. been 8 years since .... hope i didnt fuck up my lungs too bad. now its about getting my girl to quit ... i got her to stop for a few months in full ... now its strange ... she will smoke one here and there but dosent buy them anymore ... still not good enough for me.

props to anyone who can hold onto that "former smoker"status !!!!!!

r.i.p.

damn kabar.

i can relate on a couple levels, ive seen people die from smoking in my lifetime and my moms dead too so dont feel alone man.

i know that what im about to say probably is absolutely no condolence for anybody right after their mom just passed of a smoking related trauma but maybe it will lighten the burden for you a small amount.

i just moved into my new apartment and my roomate and i are smokers. for awhile now ive been saying that when i move in here ill be quitting. ive battled with smoking so much over the last number of months, probably moreso than ever in my lifetime. when i woke up an hour ago i was sitting on my couch lighting a cigarette thinking, "okay *****, you said you be quitting now so aint nothing to it but to do it." and then i retorted, "well yes *****, but how the hell do you expect to just up and stop again. you know how difficult its been; you should just ease out of it."

so then i signed onto 12ozprophet and saw this thread and it convinced me that im quitting tonight cold turkey.

so after that long ramble ill get to the part that im hoping will bring some condolence to you.

even though your mom passed on (rip) through her death she has now officially reached people she didnt know and inspired them to stop.

so on that note here in the next couple weeks if you find yourself chillin by a lake or overlooking a spot from a rooftop (or wherever it is you go to have kabar time) and you happen to come across her spirit (if belief structures allow you to do this) tell her toyeattoywar says thanks for the inspiration, it wasnt for nothing if nothing else.

again im really sorry to here about you and your peoples loss, kabar.

Archived