The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

must spread rep wafflecake but word

I got the same thing here.

Using peoples work without their permission is so accepted now somehow you look like the asshole when you mention it.

Even the exif data get stripped so watermarking your images is becoming more acceptable IMO.

I can't stand finding a dope photo on a blog and not even knowing who the photographer is.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It's been a while! Heres some from the last month.

some nikon film

5645379654_94c01cf75b_b.jpg

This is in the back of a plain white astro van. He has two more subs that same size going in there. Shit is redic. That van is goina bloww up.

5645379834_978cf42b52_b.jpg

Gold diggin girlfriend.

5644879209_d4bfb7131c_b.jpg

landscape or portrait?

5645383932_8492e587db_b.jpg

WhoOo.

5644818947_b8df5f9f3f_b.jpg

latest craigslist acquisition. :cool:

Digi Abandonments

5639983722_0628c9f28d_b.jpg

5639984174_c44a52309e_b.jpg

5639409165_456c52ee72_b.jpg

5639983042_f420cb60d6_b.jpg

5639408717_eff2b0fcd7_b.jpg

5639408465_1055cd383b_b.jpg

:)

dj murdock photo on the front page. nice!

Yeah one of my boys told me about it. i've been mia for a few days.

with the credit going to some blog...

I never even heard of that blog, thats why i put my flickr back on private too, i've caught people using my photos, even cropping my watermark off too :nope:

Always Philthy is just a rip off 'Fuckn Filthy' site stealing photos, as usual. I hope they credited Murdock on their site at least.

I was wondering about who to message about giving me the photo credit atleast.

I guess one of the mods on here could hook you up for the front page credits, but there will be no luck getting credited via Tumblr. It really sucks.

I used to shoot a lot of graff documentation and watermarked it for the site I had them on, I found some dude posting them on a forum after he'd saved them all, cropped the watermark and re-upped. It takes half the time to post a photo and link back. Idiot kids jacking flicks, fucking worst.

Going to grab some lunch and shoot tomorrow, ANZAC day, Sydney parade, pubs, all that. Hopefully should get some stuff developed soonish.

Question for my fellow camera wielding oontzers. Do I really need a 35mm SLR now that I have the M6?

My D300s is my main camera for jobs/general adventure photography, graffiti documentation, skating and all that. The M6 will obviously be my daily street shooter. I have a Nikon L35AF for a 35mm p&s for throwing around/parties, etc..

I'm selling my G11 and probably the Canonet + some other stuff.. Do I sell the Nikon FE2? (35mm SLR). I sometimes lend my digital kit to a mate for shoots as his gear got stolen a while back and I assist and sometimes shoot a bit too. Part of me says keep it so I can take some shots of my own on shoots using the flash triggers in the hot shoe, etc.. But I also have the Kiev 60 so I could shoot some 120 MF and just use reflectors for lighting.

This is long winded, I'm half asleep. Sorry, simple version. Do I need the 35mm SLR? Would anyone on here be interested if I did sell it? With 50mm 1.4

dsc1458y.jpg

dont know why, but last of the three or four parties ive went there has always been red light on djs.. some kind of a trend around here perhaps.. this last one i actually had red gel filter on flash too, i think.

but im not intentionally shooting red, i just try to work with what i got.. just bought these cheap gel-filters in different colors too to make it more fun

another one from that party, flash off

000034.jpg

• Like 1

This is long winded, I'm half asleep. Sorry, simple version. Do I need the 35mm SLR? Would anyone on here be interested if I did sell it? With 50mm 1.4

If you can afford to, I would keep one 35mm SLR just for shits and giggles. To be honest though, I can't imagine many situations where I would go for that over the Leica if I was trying to shoot 35mm. However, having a 35mm camera that didn't cost $1500+ may come in handy if you're ever shooting in a situation where you risk the camera getting battered around at all.

Seeing as that camera isn't going to make you any sort of real money if you sell it, I would hang onto it for those odd situations where you want to keep the Leica nice and safe at home.

If you can afford to, I would keep one 35mm SLR just for shits and giggles. To be honest though, I can't imagine many situations where I would go for that over the Leica if I was trying to shoot 35mm. However, having a 35mm camera that didn't cost $1500+ may come in handy if you're ever shooting in a situation where you risk the camera getting battered around at all.

Seeing as that camera isn't going to make you any sort of real money if you sell it, I would hang onto it for those odd situations where you want to keep the Leica nice and safe at home.

Thanks bro, I was thinking the same thing, I do have my Grandfathers Pentax though. But at the same time that's something I never use now, considering he got it in '63 or something it's one of the only things I have left.

Guess I'll have to think a bit more, haha. The FE2 is a great camera and I've loved using it but if it's just going to gather dust mostly it could fun a good amount of gear for home developing. I want to get a dev tank with a reel for 35mm and 120mm.

After checking eBay I could probably cop a good amount for it too, the black bodies go from $350-550 depending on the condition.

Cool shots Theo, but watch the sharpening in post! Too much and you get those vicious halos like on the last one. Try bumping it down a little and it'll look much better. I like the pinball one though.

Here's a sunset from last week. Rained in today with a killer tooth ache so shooting is postponed. :rolleyes:

5651204915_d1c2bbd875_b.jpg

After checking eBay I could probably cop a good amount for it too, the black bodies go from $350-550 depending on the condition.

Ah, that may change things. I was thinking it'd go for a lot less. I take it the black body is much more rare? I'd definitely put some thought into keeping it, but if selling it means you can develop your own b/w, that's probably as good a reason as any.

Here's 2 that have been sitting on my camera and a few from today. Nikon D80 with 35mm F1.8. SB600 flash on the first shot, the two of the flowers and the forest portrait.

5652235154_0ec5d707ac_b.jpg

5651668909_3d8d3c89c9_b.jpg

5652235398_3e8890414f_b.jpg

5651669501_d6eec1892f_b.jpg

5652235848_1e4faaf3d9_b.jpg

5652236246_a1d7ff407d_b.jpg

5651670287_1b517ae914_b.jpg

5651677599_79ede0d492_b.jpg

5652245352_8e89a30129_b.jpg

5652245498_6ef636776a_b.jpg

Meh.