The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

Thanks dudes, yeah the guy I got it off was moving or something. Sad about the war photographer, I bet those cameras have seen a lot. Hopefully they go into good hands though.

I'm in the process of selling things that aren't necessities at the moment, PS3, old laptop, etc.. So I won't have lost TOO much. Worth it though. Fallen in love with rangefinders. I've got a roll in it so I'll get around to shooting it soon. Also got a few other rolls from my Canonet QL17 and Nikon L35AF to develop. Should have stuff to post in the near future.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Thats the exact combo I'm working for, strange. Congrats! I'm super jealous. I'm also a sucker for rangefinders.

What viewfinder did you get? TTL? Wetzlar?

I'm still a bit torn between an m8 or an m6. There's just so many reviews of the m8 saying that it was a total failure... But using the camera for work I'd really appreciate having pictures ready right away...

It's just the standard M6 TTL finder, 0.58 magnification which is good because from what I know it's better for people who wear glasses (myself) and works well with the 28mm and 35mm lenses.

If you want to shoot film get the M6. I know a few people who use M4-P's and MP's which they say are also great. If you're going to spend the money on a digital Leica just go for the M9. I haven't heard enough good things about the M8. Infact like you said, a lot of people hated it after it came out.

Get an m9, haha. Now that would be awesome. But definitely, once you shoot rangefinders you don't want to go back.

I do shoot a rangefinder, it isn't much but it does a hell of a job. I'm not buying anything till the leica. Thats a good call on the .58, props for wearing glasses too. Solidarity... I love to shoot film, i've been leaning towards the m6 and I know that I'll have access to a darkroom. I'd like to opt for the M6 over any other because i'd like to have the TTL. I'd get an m5 if I found a cheap one. The ugly leica ahah

can't afford the m9 for as long as i live... maybe once the m10 or whatever comes out...

Oh yeah I was just meaning that once you've been shooting one it becomes too good a feeling. Go back to shooting an SLR and you hear the mirror slap and just cringe. What are you currently shooting with?

I think if it's between an M8 or M6 then I'd say the M6 for sure, especially if you have darkroom access. A few people have said they don't like the TTL version but so far I'm finding the meter pretty handy.

I've been gathering supplies to start developing at home, and soon enough I'll invest in my own scanner. I love film too, the whole process of it. Having to use the film advance leaver before each shot. Developing will be my next big step/proud moment.

photo2525.jpg

Old photo for all the text

The XA is a dope little camera waffle, had one a while back, was thinking of getting an XA2 but I won't be getting much for a while now. Haha.

That's not bad for HDR Poesia, it's not too overdone. Brought out a lot of detail. I'd say the first thing to work on before post processing is stuff like composition and in camera settings. Getting used to shooting manual if you're not. Those photos aren't bad though, they're just a boring subject. If they were in a set of someone painting/working they'd look fine.

Props for being open to criticism and actually trying/willing to learn. What's your current camera/lens?

EDIT: Just compared that first photo to the original on Flickr, it's definitely more interesting then that. Haha. Good stuff.

Thanks for the feedback. Im using a nikor 18-55 and nikon d3100. I dont know anything about cameras and shooting, so until i learn those things i will cheat with cs5 and youtube tutorials haha. I agree composition is important it is something i think about at times if im not directly documenting an image or like the bottom pic my desk in the studio. I cant really document myself or maybe i can but im not that narcissistic yet with the camera. I think my main objective is to document first then artistic shots for fun second. The main reason for buying this camera was the HD video i really want to get into filming things and if i this model had autofocus so i couldnt mess it up that bad while learning on the video. Im sure if i take it serious it will become obsolete pretty fast. Again all feedback is appreciated im not naive to think that cause i paint i can take a photo. Everything that means anything takes time to learn and respect.

Good choice with the Nikon firstly, haha. 3100 is supposed to be good. First point I will give you for the video, is don't use the auto focus. I don't know how it is on that camera but generally it's noisy, shakey and a bit slow on DSLR videos. Manual will be much smoother and you'll get a feel for it faster.

I guess the only way we can give you criticism is on non-graffiti photos, there's not much to discuss with them. So try shooting some every day stuff while you're out shooting walls too. You're clearly a talented artist so I'm sure you'll pick it up quickly.

I always liked taking photos but it wasn't until I was documenting graff for mags/blogs that I got into shooting more. Out taking photos and I'd start shooting other stuff on my journeys and now however many years down the track it's becoming my life.

great colors and compositions! noobs or not you guys got eyes. damn i'm mad i always stayed in the graff section, this thread is the beez knees. As for the M9 i would love love love to shoot with that camera i've even considered renting one from lensrentals for a long weekend.

Lone live

0000291.jpg

0000352.jpg

superia 800 and leica minilux

and a lil different vibe.. loving the details plus i kinda have a thing for messy rooms/unmade beds etc

0000011.jpg

yeah im that guy who violates your privacy when ur sleepin

Terry Richardson shooting Odd Future isn't a big thing, they're just so hyped up that all the hipster fucks probably drool over his dick even more now. Since Lady Gaga everyone posts his shots on Tumblr, or tries their own Richardson style. He's been putting in work for mad years. Yes hungover pissed at hipsters. Uploading drunk snaps from walking home. I'll post in a bit.

I recently started getting the itch to shoot film again, and decided to do some research on medium format cameras. I think I may be buying myself a Voigtlander Perkeo, 6x6 camera sometime soon. Gotta talk to this dude and figure out which shutter is in the I and IIs that he's selling. Then i need to figure out how much decent shoe lightmeters and rangefinders are gonna run me on top of that.

2551514166_d05b85d467.jpg

http://www.certo6.com/

I want a 6x9 too, but I think i'll start with 6x6 and then already have the lightmeter/rangefinder if/when I decide to get a 6x9 as well.

Terry Richardson shooting Odd Future isn't a big thing, they're just so hyped up that all the hipster fucks probably drool over his dick even more now. Since Lady Gaga everyone posts his shots on Tumblr, or tries their own Richardson style. He's been putting in work for mad years. Yes hungover pissed at hipsters. Uploading drunk snaps from walking home. I'll post in a bit.

Who the fuck is Odd Future? Did I miss something? Have I been listening to my old music for too long again? Crap... Time to pay attention to whats popular. *hangs head in shame*