The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest JohnLester#31

If Philly was a face, it would have droopy eyes. It looks tired and worn out. Great shotss..

Alien Bee makes good ac strobes

Thankyou

What are peoples experiences with medium format cameras? I'm thinking of getting one in a few months when I have a bit of money. Nothing too flamboyant, a Bronica or a Mamiya. Anyone used either of these manufacturers? What are peoples general likes and dislikes?

I don't have any experience but I'm looking into it also.

The consensus from people I've asked "in the know" is Mamiya is a solid camera.

Bump those Philly pic's, keep posting.

haven't posted here in a hot minute, now i'm on assignment in panama city. a bunch of people in the organization i work for here has dengue fever, so today my boss asked me to take a walk around outside and look for standing water and take pictures of it. i came across an abandoned house full of kids:

3770546062_9a9fb5238b_o.jpg

3769745725_76e47184c4_o.jpg

3769746363_0ed2b52bfe_o.jpg

3770544670_9b0164e894_o.jpg

3770545258_0b7a8b24d7_o.jpg

3769746089_c390077304_o.jpg

3770545862_096a4d275b_o.jpg

3769745543_9d5234b9e7_o.jpg

some serious anarchy is going on in this house, all of them high, the kid on the left is 16 and told me has three kids. damn.

• Like 2

What are peoples experiences with medium format cameras? I'm thinking of getting one in a few months when I have a bit of money. Nothing too flamboyant, a Bronica or a Mamiya. Anyone used either of these manufacturers? What are peoples general likes and dislikes?

Also, I dont know much about the finders, but i had to use a light meter with the rb67 my school had

They got braces they aint got it that bad

haha im not going to get in an argument about who has it bad and who doesn't. but in countries outside of america, braces aren't necessarily an indicator of wealth or the lack thereof. i get all my dental work done in the third world, a filling cost 10 dollars per tooth in el salvador for example. in third world countries that are in better shape, mexico, panama, etc. at risk kids often have health insurance taken care of by the govt.

we just get ripped off in our country: insurance companies say that braces are 'cosmetic', dentists 'require' that you get them, and all of a sudden some poor mom is paying thousands and thousands out of pocket.

and if the kid is young enough to have braces, is he also old enough to live in an abandoned house?

To add to the third world country dental talk my dad got a crown and a gold molar for about $150 american in mexico mom got the same thing done here ion the US and the fake molar they put on her crown split in half recently. pops has had that thing for a while now and has never had any complaints.

just my Two cents Lets keep the ball rolling

3770286711_776e3f277e.jpg