The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

^Dude, whats up with all the trolling in here latley.

I like it when people post actual photo's and noobz shouldn't get shot down like that.

At least drop some advise or something specific, especially since you're into lighting.

Them shots aren't exactly cover of Rolling Stone status but looks like you put actual effort into it.

Keep posting in here thrash, plenty of room for band shots and some really good band photographers post here.

The only one I think came out meh was the first one, too close to tell if he's actually playing.

Also the expression on his face was kinda boring.

Good job though on the rest though.

@Mercer

thanks for the comments dude. that show was tough, so the shots didnt come out nearly as well as i hoped. i was having trouble with my flash firing, small shitty venue and no lighting otherwise, as well as being piss drunk too.

anywho. band was happy with em and is referring me to other bands in the area.

@Mercer

thanks for the comments dude. that show was tough, so the shots didnt come out nearly as well as i hoped. i was having trouble with my flash firing, small shitty venue and no lighting otherwise, as well as being piss drunk too.

anywho. band was happy with em and is referring me to other bands in the area.

if you wanna try something new try using the flash plus long exposures you can get light streaks and all kinds of stuff

if you wanna try something new try using the flash plus long exposures you can get light streaks and all kinds of stuff

Don't do it. The light streaks all over the place in show photography is so unbelievably played out. Well, its played out in general, but you see it most in concert photography, and it just screams, "i can't take good pictures, so i'm going to distract you with these light trails going every which way across the picture to cover for the fact that its a shitty shot."

not saying it isn't done nicely on occasion, but for the most part its total fucking garbage and every hipster with a myspace that claims to be a photographer has a giant folder full of shitty long exposure light trail photos that they think are cool and unique.

Don't do it. The light streaks all over the place in show photography is so unbelievably played out. Well, its played out in general, but you see it most in concert photography, and it just screams, "i can't take good pictures, so i'm going to distract you with these light trails going every which way across the picture to cover for the fact that its a shitty shot."

not saying it isn't done nicely on occasion, but for the most part its total fucking garbage and every hipster with a myspace that claims to be a photographer has a giant folder full of shitty long exposure light trail photos that they think are cool and unique.

Looks a lot better than a black background, even though i cant condone either when the person doesnt know how to control there camera.

its just a suggestion who cares if people already do it its just something to try out and to have fun with

its just a suggestion who cares if people already do it its just something to try out and to have fun with

Oh, i'm in no way saying he can't try it out or have fun with it, i'm just saying that they often detract from what could be a good picture because your eyes are drawn to light trails going all over the place, and they're also often used to cover up for people who don't know how to take a good picture. Like i said, there are exceptions, but a lot of people do it on every single show photo they take, and it gets boring real quick, at least for me.

Oh, i'm in no way saying he can't try it out or have fun with it, i'm just saying that they often detract from what could be a good picture because your eyes are drawn to light trails going all over the place, and they're also often used to cover up for people who don't know how to take a good picture. Like i said, there are exceptions, but a lot of people do it on every single show photo they take, and it gets boring real quick, at least for me.

yeah i hear ya