The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

stuff from the past couple days:

3821159428_579318f8b8_o.jpg

3820354923_b2a714fedf_o.jpg

3821159656_471369ea0d_o.jpg

this kid has kind of become a protege of sorts. whenever he sees me out shooting (which is most days), he'll run home, grab his mom's cell phone camera, and join me as we wander among the narrow streets of my neighborhood.

3820355367_c725e32885_o.jpg

3821160134_20f1642709_o.jpg

3820355289_30ec215491_o.jpg

i've become more and more interested in taking pictures in the rain. its pretty unavoidable down here, being the rainy season and all. but people tend to chill in overhangs and various impromptu shelters out of the rain, and alot of cool moments surface.

3821159826_19d3c03c3b_o.jpg

kids getting their swim on in nasty ass water right near the mouth of the canal. this picture woulda been golden if i had one of those big ass oil tankers or battleships or whatever just looming in the background

• Like 1

this kid has kind of become a protege of sorts. whenever he sees me out shooting (which is most days), he'll run home, grab his mom's cell phone camera, and join me as we wander among the narrow streets of my neighborhood.

Dude thats awesome you've made a positive impact on that kid's life that may change the way he makes choices down the road.

Who knows tomorrow he might be a super dope photographer

3821159428_579318f8b8_o.jpg

3821159656_471369ea0d_o.jpg

hes like rocket from city of god, if I had an extra camera around id send it down to him.

• Like 1

hes like rocket from city of god, if I had an extra camera around id send it down to him.

thanks a lot man i really appreciate. its the thought that counts. i actually talked to this chick i know down here who has a pretty nice digital point and click. nothing special, but i talked to her and she said he could borrow it as long as he sticks with me. not a bad deal, especially considering that now we can start messing around with photoshop/contrast etc. so that he can really start to build. rather than reflecting on his shots through the screen of a razr you know.

thanks again

ps. if anyone has some old gear laying around that you think these kids would benefit from definitely holler at me on the pm's. i'm not sure what i can offer in return, but definitely something in kind.