The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
fogg.

3866482636_785defa710_o.jpg

3866477536_3790bfb472_o.jpg

Most of these were taken from my truck.

I wanted to quote the entire post but these were all fire, a step up (taking a step down in exposure) from a few weeks back IMO. not that the old ones weren't straight either.

alright.....so ive got a serious question.

ive been lurkin this thread for a while now. i must say theres some awesome work goin on in here.

i have also always wanted to get into photography, so here goes my question

what type of camera would you guys recommend i start with?

thank you, yeah after posting i was wondering if its a personal preference thing.

ha by the way things look on the internet, cameras can be quite expensive and i wont be able to buy one in a long time, but ill have to see what comes my way.

i will post my first "photography photos" on here though.

haha

oh and props for the help

I'd go with a higher end point and shoot to start with, some of them have all the manual settings available.

The price is right and these days the point and shoots kick ass and really for all around shooting.

P&S work for learning composition and exposure, and the image quality is really good on the newer ones in case you do get great shots.

Having a dope expensive SLR camera helps somewhat, but it's never turd polish.

• Like 1

thank you, yeah after posting i was wondering if its a personal preference thing.

ha by the way things look on the internet, cameras can be quite expensive and i wont be able to buy one in a long time, but ill have to see what comes my way.

i will post my first "photography photos" on here though.

haha

oh and props for the help

Yea, dslr's can be pricey, but like Mercer2789 said above, the prices of point and shoot cameras are really good and theyre making them with some pretty good amounts of megapixels. So, I would probably say get a nice point and shoot and then move up to a dslr if you end up saving some money and advancing with your photography.

I currently have a Nikon D90, which is a dslr and i love it. I personally like Nikon more than Canon, but there could be a whole thread on a Nikon Vs. Canon debate haha.

so just look around and see what you can get when you get some $$$.

Props for the good convo! :)