The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest JohnLester#31

ps. if anyone has some old gear laying around that you think these kids would benefit from definitely holler at me on the pm's. i'm not sure what i can offer in return, but definitely something in kind.

If only Polaroids werent discontinued, even that would be a good investment for the kid.

Anyone have work with polariods by the way?

yo not trying to be selfish on here, but here goes----

i'm in the process of making a website http://www.mynamehere.com to further my photo stuff. i am debating to myself if the following photos deserve to be a photo essay. in particular, im concerned these photos are a. not as high quality as my others and therefore would take away from the others, b. would reflect poorly on me because of the subject matter and c. i am just biased because i know the subjects pretty closely, most of them have been my best friends for years.

the frame would be along the lines of what unemployed young men from boston do during a recession. absent any money, opportunity or work, they go to new hampshire, the live free or die state (i of course will write it better, but does this is the general idea. does it smack of bullshit?)

3846639123_e8a783f05d.jpg

3847430180_bd81ff18fe.jpg

3846640791_7ed16d8d11.jpg

3847431564_b9433042df.jpg

3847432048_d6ebc7d887.jpg

3847432546_d9a407f24b.jpg

3847433050_80c9a3942f.jpg

3846644285_d5b4fd62c7.jpg

3847433540_474ee7d053.jpg

im a little concerned the rampant alcoholism would reflect poorly on me.

any advice/critiques you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

if anyone has some old gear laying around that you think these kids would benefit from definitely holler at me on the pm's. i'm not sure what i can offer in return, but definitely something in kind.

I have an old Sony Cybershot laying around somewhere that i'd be willing to send down for you to give to one of the kids, or use it as a camera you can lend out to them.

41P5Q241JTL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Also, if film/developing is available at all down there, i might have some old crappy film cameras i could add in to the mix. I'd have to search for those as well as that cybershot and its charger, but i'll take a look sometime soon.

Edit: meant to pm you, so just respond to me in pm and we'll keep the clutter out of here.