The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hey im starting to take photography more seriously and all this hdr stuff makes everyting look cool as shit, im using a rebel xs and some random photo editing software that came with my scanner (photostudio 5) is there any easy way to make hdr images or a program/website that can do it for you? thanks for any help

hey im starting to take photography more seriously and all this hdr stuff makes everyting look cool as shit, im using a rebel xs and some random photo editing software that came with my scanner (photostudio 5) is there any easy way to make hdr images or a program/website that can do it for you? thanks for any help

Using a tripod is a must, shoot continuous high speed using bracketing (camera automatically takes pictures at a higher and lower exposures) Making sure each picture is lined up identically pixel by pixel is the most important thing, if it moves just a little between shots it will take a lot of work to re align each frame with the other. Photoshop works fine for it but there are fancier programs specializing in HDR out there.

I've found that you don't need HDR if you take the photo correctly, getting the clouds and bright and dark areas in the shot all exposed correctly is much easier just doing longer exposures at the correct settings, having a good cmos sensor also helps this.

The problem with HDR is that it is very hard to do correctly. An art form unto itself that requires skill and natural artistic talent. Learning how to do it should be secondary to actually developing photography skills. If you don't have the natural artistic talent for one, using the other as a crutch never works. You might impress some douche with a poorly shot image that is over edited but anyone with an eye will give it a "thats cool" at best and look away before they become a little worse off from seeing it.

Honestly, most people who do HDR suck at it and the haters will write all HDR off because of that. All photography is basically cheating by using technology to create an image so saying all HDR is garbage is bullshit. I thought about doing HDR shots but decided to focus on just trying to learn how to use my camera better. Shooting photo's is much more fun than editing on a computer, taking your time and focusing for a long time on how to take a shot, checking composition, correct exposure and not just what your light meter says, adjusting white balance. It's more fulfilling.

quick studio shoot of my sister and her puppy not my kind of thing as you can tell

3757052035_595d5f4042.jpg?v=0

3757850000_dc01ae44bf.jpg?v=0

just a few random portraits all shot on film, there nothing amazing the fisheye ones were off when i first got my fisheye2 so just messing about really.

3757050755_d6e7579b9f.jpg?v=0

3757848468_0df832f1dc.jpg?v=0

3757042909_0bfe0931f3.jpg?v=0

3757042223_5f0dafb8b4.jpg?v=0

3757041411_440e1d92ab.jpg?v=0

3757040609_6cdf81dcca.jpg?v=0

3757838890_67b9389492.jpg?v=0

some really insane stuff on here recently!

• Like 1