The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I'm considering selling my d700 and dropping loot for one of those next summer.^

No offense, but theres no reason to be buying a $7000 dollar camera if you're not making serious loot off of your photography, which i'm pretty sure you aren't. You went from a point and shoot to a what, $2500 dollar body earlier this year(?), and now you're thinking about dropping 7 grand on another body in a year? serious overkill, regardless of if you have the money to spare.

Also, the nikon vs canon vs whatever argument is played out. Plenty of pro photographers use both, and it comes down to preference. If people want to have boring arguments, make a thread for it. And at the end of the day, hasselblad is better than all.

• Like 1

Honestly, the ONLY reason I would ever go Nikon is to either buy a Nikon d40 and kit lens+50 1.8 (i fucking LOVE the d40), or a d700 with a 14-24mm lens.

Canon has THE BEST in primes, and long tele primes. Not to mention all 4 70-200's, 85 1.2, 135 f2,24L 1.4 II lenses.

No offense, but theres no reason to be buying a $7000 dollar camera if you're not making serious loot off of your photography, which i'm pretty sure you aren't. You went from a point and shoot to a what, $2500 dollar body earlier this year(?), and now you're thinking about dropping 7 grand on another body in a year? serious overkill, regardless of if you have the money to spare.

Also, the nikon vs canon vs whatever argument is played out. Plenty of pro photographers use both, and it comes down to preference. If people want to have boring arguments, make a thread for it. And at the end of the day, hasselblad is better than all.

Not offended but I'm wondering why you wouldn't want someone to get one without the bullshit "Professional" title. The last couple of months I've been studying my ass off with photography, shooting 30 hours a week. Since I copped the 7 in February Ive been out shooting at the least 20 hours a week minimum. Photography is my life pretty much outside of my work now. I work my ass off, get off work, and shoot my ass off. Saving up is nice but dipping into the savings once in a while is nice too. I have very few expenses and a good job. If I'm still going at it like this next year then yea, I'm going to annoy you and get it.

Honestly I don't like a most proffessionals work, I'm an artist more than a photographer. The camera I have now is more than adequate for studio/fashion type shots. I'm more into the artistic photographers that make flawless big prints. Digital is getting to the point where you can get those kinds of prints now. I've heard the sensor in that camera has even better performance at high ISO's and has better pixel depth than the one I have now. Plus it's double the MP's meaning bigger prints. I'm thinking about going medium or large format film but all the hassles that go with it seem like too much for me. Plus it seems just as expensive to do it considering an enlarger and the cost of film and developing over time.