24mm

f2.8

1/80sec

the Lupe pic

ISO 1600

24mm

f2.8

1/200 sec

I did run Noiseware on these. I think I could have shot them at ISO 800.

yeah bro whats with these ridiculous iso settings it looks like there was sufficient light

if anything you couldve used the flash and tried to edit out any excess whiteness

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I shoot at 1600 alot. The newer cameras with lower megapixels and larger sensors do it pretty well.

Most of the photographers I shoot with got into digital in the beginning when it was unavoidable.

Noise ruins pictures to me, they don't even notice it and hit 3200 on older/smaller sensors.

I hate seeing it and scrap my noisy pictures.

3593820820_b76f3c8844_o.jpg

Yea bitches...

I've had the v750 for almost a year now. I use the wet mount plate it comes with, which turned out to be a piece of glass encased in shitty plastic. I know theres places out there where dudes are selling higher quality homemade glass mounts for the v750, and if I remember right you may also be able to use the v700 to do wet mount scans.

I find the software appealing but still a bit confusing. the curve adjustment is broken into like 6 points, when i normally will only use 2 points when doing curve adjustments. so i have to go in and uncheck all but two, which is annoying.

When I was shooting 4x5 heavily and scanning all my film I wasn't the best at it(only about a year ago), but now I've got to work with some good digital production guys that have taught me alot about scanning and color corrections. And I've been using an Imacon at this job which is obviously a way greater quality scanner, and with my new, improved knowledge of scanning and such I'm excited to get back to scanning on my epson again. I was also making the mistake of trying to scan at the highest resolution possible with something like 24 bit, making my scans about 1gb. Ridiculous really. My only problem with my process is the time it takes to make a wet mount scan compared to the speed of the Imacon I use to scan this photographer dudes film. Unfortunately I haven't built a relationship with him yet for him to allow me to do my own personal scanning on his Imacon. But until then I'm happy handling original Rich and Poor and Raised By Wolves prints.

In the end, good choice for an at home scanner. Decently priced for those broke like me, and moderately decent scans for a flat bed too.

so, we got the phot hunt thread back up and kicking again. due date for the current list is tomorrow, so doubtful any of you guys will jump on it, but you should for the next list. a year ago or so when we had that shit rollin, it was a lot of fun.

yeah bro whats with these ridiculous iso settings it looks like there was sufficient light

if anything you couldve used the flash and tried to edit out any excess whiteness

Ridiculous?! I respectfully disagree. ISO 800 or 1600 @ 2.8 is pretty standard for concert photography in my opinion/experience/research. Many venues do not allow flash. I personally do not shoot w/flash @ concerts.

if I had a 5dmark2, or a nikon d700, noise @ these settings would be reduced significantly. But, sadly, I shoot with what I can afford, which is a 30D. older/smaller sensor = more noise.

lighting @ concerts varies each second, so saying "it looks like there was sufficient light" is not exactly accurate. I shoot in RAW, and more often that not I adjust the exposure & levels in post.

click here for an FAQ about concert photography from a real pro:

http://ishootshows.com/faq/#6

and check out my homie's concert shots & his settings. all are shot @ ISO 800 or 1600.

http://www.houstonphotog.com/blog/index.php?x=browse&category=2

if anyone else shoots concerts, I would like to hear your shooting techniques.

here's a few i took yesterday, i'm only using a point and click, any pointers would be greatly appreciated

Think about composition a lot.

Like in that first photo half the tree is out the shot. It would look better if the whole tree was in the shot u know?

just think about everything thats gonna be in the photo and how u can best fit it in.