Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

We are so F'ked

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by --zeSto--, May 14, 2003.

1. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

90% of large fish in world's oceans are gone

Oh man... we're doomed!

The collapse of Atlantic cod stocks, far from being an unusual disaster, is typical of what's happening to large fish around the world, a major study has found.

Industrial fishing has cut populations of large fish in the oceans to a mere 10 per cent of 1950 levels, says the study, published Wednesday in Nature magazine. The devastating decline affects open ocean species such as tuna, swordfish and marlin, and groundfish such as cod, halibut and flounder. "Our analysis suggests that the global ocean has lost more than 90 per cent of large predatory fishes," study authors Ransom Myers and Boris Worm of Dalhousie University say.

Myers says the world is in "massive denial", spending its energy fighting over the few fish left instead of cutting harvests before it's too late.

"We have to understand how close to extinction some of these populations really are," he said in an interview.

"And we must act now before they reach the point of no return."

"We are in massive denial and continue to bicker over the last shrinking numbers of survivors, employing satellites and sensors to catch the last fish left," Myers said.

so in 50 years we cut the total population by %90. fucked!

2. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

damn! just when i started eating fish at least once a week. didn't see my favorite on there though, orange roughy.

3. SukiSukiNow

SukiSukiNow Dirty Dozen Crew

You freak, I had orange roughy last night.

4. nomadawhat

:cool: manana for me!!! (if i have time)

5. Sora

Sora New Jack

about 50% of that fish is in my freezer hah!...i fish to much..i love fish lol

mmm...fried snapper..white rice..vinager and a scotch bonnet pepper...

dinner time!..

6. anonymity1

anonymity1 Senior Member

Hawaii fish is better.

7. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

Haha, seafood sucks. I don't eat it if it lived in water.

8. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

9. anonymity1

anonymity1 Senior Member

You can't be serious...anyway, more for the rest of us

10. dELiSs

dELiSs Elite Member

Yeah look what you guys done did.

Filthy remember the time you guys came over for Heather's birthday shindig thing and we went to that seafood buffet and you were like fuck this and you walked across the street to the hamburger joint. that was gangster.

11. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

12. S@T@N

[email protected]@N Senior Member

mmm... I'll go for a good swordfish anyday

13. TuffKid

TuffKid Senior Member

14. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

MEGALODON
    (meaning "Giant Tooth")

There are a few scientists who estimate that it could have been up to 50 or 100 feet.

Megalodon lived from roughly 25 to 1.6 million years ago, during the Miocene and Pliocene epochs. It is now extinct, but the exact time of its extinction is hotly debated.

15. nomadawhat

IT WENT EXTINCT 12.33 MILLION YEARS AGO ASSHOLES!!!!!