The Military

Fox Mulder

i'm not sure what the point of this thread is. maybe just to get some opinions. well i have a friend...we used to both paint together, get fucked up together, whatever. we both were pretty heavy into the drug scene. we both wanted to join the military as a way to straighten our lives out. well i'm still debating whether its the right thing or not(going into the military.) but anyway, he just got back from boot camp and is completely different. all this "it's not about me anymore, it's about my country." i'm afraid that if i join i will be brainwashed. i think i'm strong enough, but i thought this kid would be too. anyone of you guys currently serving or served before? did your views of everything change? i dunno i'm drunk help me out if you want. :o

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

it helped my lil brother out... but i think that was due more to moving 100 miles away from his druggie friends and actually doing something besides sitting at my parents house eating fritos and tostitoes queso dip.

so, yeah.... it'll prolly work. or you can move some place far away where you'll be forced to work.

MARINES OR ARMY?

i know the marines have changed my freinds like whoa...in a good way, we are still all tight, but they have disipline and self control now. they are also mad respectful to people now(not all people, only non assholes).

i say you go for it, army just as well, it also gives you something to put on your resume, being in the service really does help you get a good job, moreso than college in a lot of cases.

but i doubt you will, once you wake up tomarrow and the booz have worn off you'll be back the the same old shit.

My friends brother was in the army. He went through boot camp and all that jazz. However, he didn't get all patriotic and what not. He just went through it, said it was hell, served for a couple of years, and now he's out.... still the same from what i can tell..... im sure you won't get all "its for my country" and stuff unless u let them turn u into that way, or u want to become that way....

first things first, i wouldn't want to rely on the army as a way to get out of drug problems.

i'm sure people approach service in different ways. some probably just go along with it for the money or the escape from problems, while others find some sort of niche like your friend.

if you're that worried about it, try to deal with this while sober. you being drunk isn't a great time to weigh options.

Guest krie

I will be re-applying to the ARMY/NAVY at the start of August. I will probably go for the NAVY though. I really enjoy water and boating. I dont think the NAVY will be as more brainwashing as the ARMY would be. I think the ARMY is really heavy on to their employee's and soliders. Ah well, Ill wait and see till i get in..

Originally posted by Jackson

Go, shoot guns, get shouted at, shoot some dinks, when I was in 'nam we all had drug problems, but that was part of the fun of it. Damn this fucking motherfucking bloody fucking shit cunting motherfucking keyboard.

you werent there.

Originally posted by krie

I will be re-applying to the ARMY/NAVY at the start of August. I will probably go for the NAVY though. I really enjoy water and boating. I dont think the NAVY will be as more brainwashing as the ARMY would be. I think the ARMY is really heavy on to their employee's and soliders. Ah well, Ill wait and see till i get in..

you didn't strike me as the type, the upside of the navy is that you get to sail around the world and arrive at forign ports, the downside is the weeks of boredom sorrounded by other men

Well some people join and they have a cure for their drug problems.... other people join and become alchoholics and coke heads.... (Alchohol is a ridiculously bad problem in the military.... get a bunch of guys in the middle of nowhere and blammo! you have drunks everywhere.)

I didn't get brainwashed.... of course I'm way too steeped in my belief system. And the best thing to do is keep it to yourself. You don't want to stick out.... you stick out you get knocked off. I usually run into problems this way because I am like a one man protest.

The best kind of self discipline is self discipline. You'll see people who are all squared away in front of the right people but then when noone's looking they can't control themselves anyways....

you could try joining the peace corp too. you still get to leave far away, but there's no hard ass bootcamp, and you help people instead of shooting em.

i'd also go navy/air force before marines/army

you actually have to learn something applicable there. in the marines, you're the first to be shipped into the shit. in the army, you're just a grunt.

dont do it unless u want to be (im assuming ur in the US) the SS of the 21st century fuckin military right wing bullshit

dont do it

get a fuckin girlfriend wholl straighten u out, it worked for me

just find one the complete opposite of u in the use of drugs, etc.

seriously i personally dont think its worth getting my ass shot off by Militants in another country that really most people wouldnt care about if it wasnt for ur president

and remember thats just myu opinion

Originally posted by krie

couldnt do it im so afraid of drowning and shit and sharks

baha i know its pussy but still

• 6 months later...

hahahaha jeno thats so funny that you posted this. im not brainwashed im still the most selfish bastard on the whole planet. boot camp however will temporarily fuck with your psyche but that shit goes away fast. gwahaha this made my day

p.s. coast guardsmen are tools

it's:

r.i.p fox molder.

for you. :lol:

My whole family has been in the military pretty much.

My dad was Navy. Uncle is Air Force. Both grandfathers in the Army, the one on my mom's side was a sniper. I have friends with parents and siblings in the military. My one friend's dad is a Green Beret.

I'm not sure how things are these days, but I know that it was mostly the Navy that got my pops addicted to drugs. They go off to those foreign places and have nothing to do so they do drugs and shit. Not to mention the shit he used to say they would make the guys do like dive into this big thing of like sewage or trash water or something..and they would greese this big fat guys stomach up and make them rub their faces in it and whatnot.

I don't think I would ever be down with the military unless I was doing some dope shit like taking down al-quaida members with a .50 cal armor piercing sniper rifle.

My whole family has been in the military pretty much.

My dad was Navy. Uncle is Air Force. Both grandfathers in the Army, the one on my mom's side was a sniper. I have friends with parents and siblings in the military. My one friend's dad is a Green Beret.

I'm not sure how things are these days, but I know that it was mostly the Navy that got my pops addicted to drugs. They go off to those foreign places and have nothing to do so they do drugs and shit. Not to mention the shit he used to say they would make the guys do like dive into this big thing of like sewage or trash water or something..and they would greese this big fat guys stomach up and make them rub their faces in it and whatnot.

I don't think I would ever be down with the military unless I was doing some dope shit like taking down al-quaida members with a .50 cal armor piercing sniper rifle.

Originally posted by Fox Mulder@May 25 2004, 12:05 AM

i'm not sure what the point of this thread is. maybe just to get some opinions. well i have a friend...we used to both paint together, get fucked up together, whatever. we both were pretty heavy into the drug scene. we both wanted to join the military as a way to straighten our lives out. well i'm still debating whether its the right thing or not(going into the military.) but anyway, he just got back from boot camp and is completely different. all this "it's not about me anymore, it's about my country." i'm afraid that if i join i will be brainwashed. i think i'm strong enough, but i thought this kid would be too. anyone of you guys currently serving or served before? did your views of everything change? i dunno i'm drunk help me out if you want. :o

do you want to get blown up in some foriegn country so some rich fuckers can get easier access to some fucking oil to keep polluting and kill off the rest of the human race?

all politics aside, one of my friends whom i consider a blood brother came down from training for 6 or 7 months straight. he said, "they actually tell you they're going to brainwash you."

he's essentially the same guy i love, but he's got a slightly different outlook on things. still, though, he's always been a soldier type. look at it this way, man: any form of strict discipline will change your views. it wouldn't be effective if it did not.

Archived