The Military

Fox Mulder

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I wouldn't join for those reasons but it all comes down to if you are strong enough to change for the better on your own. You don't need someone else forcing you to change do you? If so then go for it. Most of my family is Army and it was great to us....and no: they weren't grunts...they were all educated people that made a nice income when they retired. Computers are the way to go for the money but you usually have to enlist for a longer term. Good luck.

i joined to the army help me out with self discipline and to have a job doing somtehing crazy(combat engineer). i went thriugh all the basic training and AIT and shit before i got sent home. like almost everyone has been saying it will only turn you 180 if you let it. it gave me some different views. itll show what a hard living is, teach you some respect for people, and the things you have. cause you wont have shit for a long time when u get into training. but im out now and after about a month i was a peice of crap again. so basically its all up to you making a change for yourself. the military will only give you a path to change, you have to do the work ,and keep what you learned close at heart or youll lose it all like me. but i managed a honorable discharge so i keep that on my resume lol

There was a time where I was seriously considering joining the British military. Who knows, I still might one day. I'm not sure what my reasons are, I'm hardly a super patriotic war machine and as for self discipline....well, ha. I don't know, I think if anything it would be an adventure, you'd get to see the world, and as warped as it sounds, I've always found the prospect of fighting in a war rather attractive (in a good VS evil way, not an invade country for oil way).....

As for you, I wouldn't join up at the moment if I were you. Wait until shit starts to calm down, if that ever happens....

the military isn't all bad. i'm in the army and deployed now. i'm a systems administrator. i'm no grunt, you could be if you wanted to but i certainly didn't. cisco certifications are only a test away, all paid for by uncle sam.

this job is what you make it. some guys make it hell for themselves and anyone around them. while other guys make the changes needed to succeed.

i'm still the same guy that i was before i enlisted. my views and opinions are still the same, basic didn't change that (although, i've heard bootcamp can.)

the bottom line is do what you think is right for you, and don't stop until you're finished, whatever it is.

this thread was started 7 months ago. where are you at now Fox?

Seriously man, Go. it wont hurt you. you'll get straightened out in no time, or they'll just kick you out. If you go, expect to be brainwashed. After all you are there for one purpose, to serve your country. If you seriously want to go in, dont get a serious girl, step one. But if your a limp wristed Lib, i wouldnt recommend going.

I would suggest going air force or navy but they are moving people from there to army and marines... there is stop loss now on a regular basis, the activation of some IRR, and more to come, and the military is losing people like crazy. Not only that but they are consolidating different MOS' and eliminating some entirely so that they can have more combat arms. They want more boots on the ground in Iraq. Bush will NEVER leave Iraq. I don't care what anybody says. He is probably having wet dreams about Iran too. It would not surprise me if the draft was enacted. They will probably activate all the IRR first though. Yeah but the military can be a leg up from the bottom of the barrel.

I guess you could still get into the air force or navy if you did fabulistic on the ASVAB. But they are dumping alot of people into the other branches here.

It's pretty crazy shit.

Fuck.

I was thinking about maybe going to college and getting direct commission as an officer or something... i dunno... alot of variables....

Archived