Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The Military

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Fox Mulder, May 25, 2004.

1. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder 12oz Loyalist

i'm not sure what the point of this thread is. maybe just to get some opinions. well i have a friend...we used to both paint together, get fucked up together, whatever. we both were pretty heavy into the drug scene. we both wanted to join the military as a way to straighten our lives out. well i'm still debating whether its the right thing or not(going into the military.) but anyway, he just got back from boot camp and is completely different. all this "it's not about me anymore, it's about my country." i'm afraid that if i join i will be brainwashed. i think i'm strong enough, but i thought this kid would be too. anyone of you guys currently serving or served before? did your views of everything change? i dunno i'm drunk help me out if you want. :eek:

2. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

it helped my lil brother out... but i think that was due more to moving 100 miles away from his druggie friends and actually doing something besides sitting at my parents house eating fritos and tostitoes queso dip.

so, yeah.... it'll prolly work. or you can move some place far away where you'll be forced to work.

3. 8onus

8onus Banned

MARINES OR ARMY?
    i know the marines have changed my freinds like whoa...in a good way, we are still all tight, but they have disipline and self control now. they are also mad respectful to people now(not all people, only non assholes).

i say you go for it, army just as well, it also gives you something to put on your resume, being in the service really does help you get a good job, moreso than college in a lot of cases.

but i doubt you will, once you wake up tomarrow and the booz have worn off you'll be back the the same old shit.

4. sarcasm

sarcasm Elite Member

My friends brother was in the army. He went through boot camp and all that jazz. However, he didn't get all patriotic and what not. He just went through it, said it was hell, served for a couple of years, and now he's out.... still the same from what i can tell..... im sure you won't get all "its for my country" and stuff unless u let them turn u into that way, or u want to become that way....

5. fr8lover

fr8lover Elite Member

first things first, i wouldn't want to rely on the army as a way to get out of drug problems.

i'm sure people approach service in different ways. some probably just go along with it for the money or the escape from problems, while others find some sort of niche like your friend.

if you're that worried about it, try to deal with this while sober. you being drunk isn't a great time to weigh options.

6. Jackson

Jackson Veteran Member

Go, shoot guns, get shouted at, shoot some dinks, when I was in 'nam we all had drug problems, but that was part of the fun of it. Damn this fucking motherfucking bloody fucking shit cunting motherfucking keyboard.

7. krie

krie Guest

I will be re-applying to the ARMY/NAVY at the start of August. I will probably go for the NAVY though. I really enjoy water and boating. I dont think the NAVY will be as more brainwashing as the ARMY would be. I think the ARMY is really heavy on to their employee's and soliders. Ah well, Ill wait and see till i get in..

8. WhiteOx

WhiteOx Elite Member

you werent there.

9. WhiteOx

WhiteOx Elite Member

you didn't strike me as the type, the upside of the navy is that you get to sail around the world and arrive at forign ports, the downside is the weeks of boredom sorrounded by other men

10. villain

villain Veteran Member

Well some people join and they have a cure for their drug problems.... other people join and become alchoholics and coke heads.... (Alchohol is a ridiculously bad problem in the military.... get a bunch of guys in the middle of nowhere and blammo! you have drunks everywhere.)

I didn't get brainwashed.... of course I'm way too steeped in my belief system. And the best thing to do is keep it to yourself. You don't want to stick out.... you stick out you get knocked off. I usually run into problems this way because I am like a one man protest.

The best kind of self discipline is self discipline. You'll see people who are all squared away in front of the right people but then when noone's looking they can't control themselves anyways....

11. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

you could try joining the peace corp too. you still get to leave far away, but there's no hard ass bootcamp, and you help people instead of shooting em.

i'd also go navy/air force before marines/army

you actually have to learn something applicable there. in the marines, you're the first to be shipped into the shit. in the army, you're just a grunt.

12. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

if there was a 'boot camp' that you went through just to get in shape and push yourself, but didn't include having to fight for our government, i'd probably do that.
    but since there isn't, i'll just write on shit.

13. metallix

metallix Elite Member

14. sneak

sneak Guest

no shit.

15. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member