Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

So she has a kid... So what!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by kido, Feb 13, 2004.

1. kido

kido Senior Member

So Im in a relationship with a chick that has a kid. Shes twenty and has a two year old boy.

Im getting a lot of guff from my friends, but I dont give two shits about what they say. And actually come to think of it some of the people on 12oz have a far more educated opinion than the fucks that I hang out with.

I like her regardless,

What do you think?

2. kido

kido Senior Member

had to do it, sorry.

3. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

Who's the one dating her, you or them?
    Friends can sometimes be crabs.
    As long as she is a good mother...its cool.
    If shes one of them snakes, watch out!
    It might be her fault she isnt with the BD.
    But, then again...it could be his.
    Its never a good idea to fall in love right away,
    so just give it time, and see what kind of person she is.
    Then make the call.

4. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Dude...i dated a girl who had a daughter once and well, it was kinda weird.

The little girl was a real sweetheart and i could tell she liked having me around but when i moved back to cali from massachusetts....that was it. I felt like i was abandoning them but shit was beyond my control.

Man, it's cool you dig the girl but...how does it look to the kid to have a steady succession of men coming in and out of moms life?
    I'm not saying you're being an evil bastard or anything but are you really going to be with her for days and days helping her raise this child? If anything, i feel bad for the child. It must be rough growing up without a real dad being there all the time.

Just treat the kid well is all i have to say and don't ever get pissy when the kid interupts plans you've made with the gf. You have made a choice to accept this girl and all the baggage that comes with the relationship.

Personally, i never would date a girl with a kid...it's just too much to handle.

5. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

if you like her, fuck what anyone else thinks b.

6. RAGSOE

RAGSOE New Jack

i fucked a bunch, but no dice on staying with them. watch out for preying mammas looking for a dad for there chitlins man. it sounds bad, but think about it. its like thier instincts or some shits...

7. villain

villain Veteran Member

Hey.. babys mamas don't get no love. so good for you for accepting such a difficult role. I just hope you do the part well. It's like you are a part of the family now so you should act like it.

8. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

^^^hahaha...damn, you remind me of
    some of my homies...lil chitlins...hahaha.
    *edit, I was talking about rags...
    :)

Like LENS said, dont treat the kid bad.
    Dont get pissy when she has to break plans.
    Babysitters are hard to find, and expensive!
    You shouldnt spend too much time with the
    kid, unless you plan on being around for a
    while. You dont have to play daddy either.
    you can be the kids friend. Let her know that too!

9. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

Bad news from the start , if you both were 35 thats a whole new ballgame . But you aint , youre diggin a bigger hole than you think .

10. WhAt_dA_fUcK

WhAt_dA_fUcK Senior Member

its cool to be with her but be careful on what happens you WILL fuck up in the relationship forexample i know a friend that was datin this girl who had a kid he adopted the baby girl (bad idea because if they ever break up she has a right to slap you with child support because you legally adopted the child) i actually believe that the only reason they are together is because he is in love with they baby girl...so just becareful with what you put in the relationship...love is blind remember?

11. Boring Bastard

Boring Bastard Elite Member

I'm dating a girl with a kid right now. Second time round with a mom. The first one I was with for over 2.5 yrs and her son and I were real close. Good kid but his mom was a piece of shit, for real. It was a love/hate thing. The one that I'm linked with right now is a girl that I've known since I was 14 so I know she wasn't a snot nosed cunt growing up like my old girl. This new one is illin. Coolest girl. It's just different. Each time is gonna be unique so take it with a grain of salt and TAKE YOUR TIME! Work around "mom hours" and spend little time with the kid at first. Don't pull the "disappearing step dad" thing on em. Make sure you wrap it up with this girl because if you get her preggers then you get a guaranteed "2 for 1" package and if she turns out to be a savage cunt then you won't even want just 1 let alone 2. Make sure. Be safe. Take your time.

12. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

who gives two flyings shits about what your friends think. they arent in the relationship so who are they to say something about what you are doing. i'd say fuck it, if you like her you like her. sure she has a kid, but thats what relationships are all about...........obstacles.

13. ClueTwo

ClueTwo Veteran Member

Lets not even go there.....I'm in agreement with everyone on the follow your heart, but there's other things I can think of that might be upsetting you. Good luck, end of trasmission.....

14. adderall

adderall Elite Member

sounds like a bad call.. major hassles lie ahead on that path..

15. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

I dated a girl with a kid. The little dude was pretty cool, but I got really frieked out when he called me daddy. I won't even touch em if they have kids now.

edited to fix the quote