shnozberry?

duh-rye-won

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

wonka.jpg

The book was much better than the 1971 film.

There was a bigger scope and much more magic in the book - the movie looked like a cheap pantomime stage set.

And the new version isn't a remake. It's an adaptation from the original book.

And Tim Burton is probaby the only director I can think of that can capture the kind of nightmarish quality of Roald Dahl.

And Johnny Depp is a great choice for Willy Wonka. He just needs to play it somewhere between Sleepy Hollow and Pirates of the Carribean and he's home free. I mean, good as Gene Wilder is, he still played Willy Wonka as Gene Wilder...

I'm looking forward to it.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars@Dec 11 2004, 12:05 AM

wonka.jpg

The book was much better than the 1971 film.

There was a bigger scope and much more magic in the book - the movie looked like a cheap pantomime stage set.

And the new version isn't a remake. It's an adaptation from the original book.

And Tim Burton is probaby the only director I can think of that can capture the kind of nightmarish quality of Roald Dahl.

And Johnny Depp is a great choice for Willy Wonka. He just needs to play it somewhere between Sleepy Hollow and Pirates of the Carribean and he's home free. I mean, good as Gene Wilder is, he still played Willy Wonka as Gene Wilder...

I'm looking forward to it.

i agree totally here, gene wilder i always pictured as some 70's coke fiend, ie. ken rosenburg from the gta series. i dont know, johnny depp is gold.

i like johnny depp as well, but he really is not on the level of gene wilder, especially this genre of movie... all gene wilders movies were classsics... MEL BROOKS is a GENIUS, tim burton is on track to carve out his own space as undergound/mallrat status type generation darker movies icon, but mel broooks is the GODFATHER of modern comedy... and i think that this movie always reminds me of bad acid trips, i used to love it, now its just, ehhh.... ill probably see the new one though... just for curiositys sake... live and blunted from.. bootleg city usa

but if you really think about it, even though gene wilder is fantastic, he still played the character as himself. gene wilder didn't have much under his sleeve.

johnny depp, although always playing an odd character goes about it differently with each film. this is not a crack at gene wilder, i still love the guy.

that and try not to think of this movie as willy wonka. think of it as an adaptation of the book. go and read the book if you haven't already, you will see different stuff in the book than you did in the 1971 movie.

i wonder if they will have a special guest apperance by the original charlie. i forget his name.

Here's a silly fact for those of you discussing Burton's new Chocolate Factory film... before casting Depp as Willy Wonka, Burton was actually considering casting Marilyn Manson in the role.

I believe Depp will do the part justice, as he is a great actor and has worked so well with the visions of Tim Birton before.

Archived