Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

OLDBOY

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by oneeightyone, Sep 29, 2005.

1. oneeightyone

oneeightyone Senior Member

Holy christ puncher, i just picked this movie up. it's ab out a guy that gets locked up in a small prison for 15 years, framed for the murder of his wife, one day he wakes up on a roof. in a business suit, cash in his wallet and a cellphone, then given 5 days to figure out why he was kidnapped and imprisoned, so dude takes revenge on everybody involved. everyone.

Not only is the plot fucking awesome.

there's a fight scene that totally kicks the shit out of every fight scene ive ever seen in the history of movies that ive watched. amazing

GO PICK IT UP!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TRAILER

in the trailer the part where he's fighting like 39 dudes is the best fight scene ever.

damn this was a good movie, cinemetography was off the hinges as well.

AWESOME APPROVED!.

2. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

3. destroya

destroya Senior Member

would blockbuster carry this? i'm not in to buying movies, seeing as i usually only watch them once or twice.

4. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

The movie is called OLD BOY? It sounds like something i would like to view.

5. Although the movie is fucking awesome, I really fucking hated the fight scenes, ESPECIALLY the hallway one, which everyone seems to rave about. The only cool thing is that it's all done on one take, which is impressive, but it looks pretty terrible. Punches swung two feet away from faces, total wimp kicks, and just general repetitive get-beatdown-and-swarmed-then-miraculously-get-back-up shennanigans. I dunno, I wasn't feeling it, it's like they went for a hyperreal look and didn't quite make it, so the fakeness gets thrown into high relief. At least with wire-fu and choreographed stuff you KNOW it's supposed to look fake.

Any fight scene in Ong Bak shits on this one. Choreographed as they were, some dudes REALLY got their grills bashed in good during filming. One dude on a motorcycle gets a flying knee to the face that actually knocked him out for a few seconds, you can see it in the extras.

That said, Oldboy is an excellent movie and you should watch it.

6. oneeightyone

oneeightyone Senior Member

holy fuck, i just wrote that when i put it on pause after the fightscene, just because it was that badass.

the ending will fuck your brain, seriously it'll leave a fuckign hole in there.

ive never had a surprise ending like this. no joke, holy shit, koreans are some ill thinking motherfuckers.

i picked it up from blockbuster so yea they carry it.

7. Harvey Wallbanger

Harvey Wallbanger Dirty Dozen Crew

Next on my qeue from netflix.

I just watched Ong Bak last night, and I must say, that was some damn fine ass kicking. The move he pulls when he fights that first dude is ILL.

8. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

what exactly is the name of it, worth checking out...

9. meatlocker

meatlocker Junior Member

there's incest and i can understand the korean :freak2:

10. Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus Senior Member

Downloading full DVD now.

11. GucciCondom

GucciCondom Veteran Member

where can i download this?

12. Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus Senior Member

13. BUCK FUSH