Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

LEAVE ME ALONE I WAS ONLY SINGING

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by jakepaints, Nov 5, 2004.

1. jakepaints

jakepaints Junior Member

ok so i know morrisseys really a love or hate singer, but who else around these parts share my love for morrissey or the smiths? i know theyre a real guily pleasure type band but i really think the dudes a genius.
    [​IMG]
    SMITHS ALBUMS
    1984-The Smiths-This was the first album which was recorded on a £20000 budget. Original producer Troy Tate was devatsed to learn that his efforts were not deemed worthy of release and the entire project was to be be handed over to John Porter.
    Hatful of Hallow-This compilation contained many tracks from the first album, as well as B sides and takes from BBC radio sessions. The release of this album was partly due to fan pressure, and gave them the opportunity to hear The Smiths in their primitive glory.
    1985-Meat is Murder-Some would suggest that this is the greatest of all The Smiths albums. The contents offers pop, rock, rockabilly, psychedelia, flashes of funk and even some heavy metal. This album was commercially very successful.
    1986-The Queen Is Dead-Prior to the release of this album The Smiths were going through some problematic times. So much so, that the release of The Queen is Dead was delayed by about 8 months. Nevertheless the album received great reviews and was a huge success.
    1987-Strangeways, Here We Come-This was to be The Smiths last album before the split in 1987. Although not recognised as the best Smiths album, Strangeways Here We Come did show that the band was in transition. But what this could have led to we will never know.

MORRISSEY ALBUMS
    1988-VIVA HATE
    1990-BONA DRAG
    1991-KILL UNCLE
    1992-YOUR ARSENAL
    1993-BEETHOVEN WAS DEAF
    1994-VAUXHALL AND I
    1995-THE WORLD OF MORRISSEY
    SOUTHPAW GRAMMER
    1997-MALADJUSTED
    1998-MY EARLY BURGLARY YEARS
    2004-YOU ARE THE QUARRY

so yeah, talk about why you think hes great, why you hate him, anything. i saw him live at radio city and it was amazing.

[​IMG]

"ITS SO EASY TO LAUGH, ITS SO EASY TO HATE, IT TAKES STRENGTH TO BE GENTLE AND KIND"

2. gatita

gatita Senior Member

I love the Smiths and Morrissey. I honestly think hes a lil too cocky for his own good. His personality emits this much better looking guy, but whenever I see photos of him Im let down.

But, otherwise, yes, I fuckin love them... There is a Light That Never Goes Out is me and my boy's song. ;)

3. RoboThruster

RoboThruster Member

is it just me or are the smiths making a kind of unintentional comeback ?

It seems I'm seeing their cds more and more in stores I wouldn't have expected.

Meh,I'm not complaining, they are alittle whiney, but I like them all the same

4. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

5. jakepaints

jakepaints Junior Member

come on, only 2 people got smithsorrissey love?

6. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

If it's on i might listen.

7. Step8

Step8 Senior Member

I perfer The Cure.

8. TURBOCAPSLOK

TURBOCAPSLOK Elite Member

ROBERT SMITH AND MORRISSEY ARE THE BIGGEST BITCHES EVER AND I LOVE BOTH OF THEM.

GREAT BANDS

SMITHS AND THE CURE.

HEART.

9. badmotorfinger

badmotorfinger Junior Member

you are the quarry is an amazing solo album. i suggest it

10. other

other Member

I love Morrissey...I think he is awesome....that is just great music.

11. fethasmcgraw

fethasmcgraw Junior Member

HE LISTENS TO THE FUCKING SMITHS
    HE'S GOT A MUSTACHE
    HE WEARS A TRENCHCOAT
    HE'S GOT A MUSTACHE
    HE WEARS BLACK TIGHTS
    HE WRITES POETRY
    HE WEARS BLACK LIPSTICK
    UNDER HIS MUSTACHE

by anal cunt

HE'S GOT A ROLLERCOASTER HAIRCUT
    HE DYES IT JET BLACK
    WHEN HIS HAIR IS REALLY BROWN
    JUST LIKE HIS MUSTACHE
    HE WANTS TO BE ROBERT SMITH
    BUT WITH A MUSTACHE
    HE'S A FUCKING ART FAG
    HE'S GOT A MUSTACHE

12. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

I have The Queen Is Dead. Its fucking good. I like it.

13. Ckit

Ckit Member

morrissey played here on halloween. the smiths were great, morrissey is just...eh..he lost the spark.

the smiths-louder than bombs
    best record.

14. LadyNapua

LadyNapua Senior Member

The Smiths were the best......and I am still loving Morrissey.

15. Swiffer Jet

Swiffer Jet Elite Member

I like that one song by Morrissey called "Irish Blood, English Heart."