Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Insomnia

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by PUMPKIN ESCOBAR, Oct 19, 2004.

1. PUMPKIN ESCOBAR

PUMPKIN ESCOBAR Senior Member

Every night I lie down at 11:00 pm and stare at my ceiling and count the number of times the heater goes on and off until 4:15 am when I finally fall asleep. I get up three and a half hours later and I'm pissed off until about 11:00 when I finally wake up. I've been taking over the counter sleeping pills but they aren't doing shit and I'm this close to going back on presciption pills. You guys got any tips or methods to fall asleep without them?

2. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

2 or 3 beers by myself while watching tv gets me tired.

3. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

it's all in your head

4. ThroughTheColdMoorsOfSvarttjern

ThroughTheColdMoorsOfSvarttjern New Jack

5. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

we all dont sleep, i try not to, its kinda unoriginal, oh, knightbats, but im not one, nightbat is what i am i guess, awake all the time

6. FIST2CUFFS

FIST2CUFFS Member

man, i had really bad sleeping problems for over a month. one week i think i only got 6 hours total. best thing to do is lift weights and drink beer. make yourself tired or watch tv until you wanna kill someone. either way you will fall asleep sooner or later.

7. T=E=A=S=E

T=E=A=S=E Elite Member

double up on your wacking off right before bed...

always puts me to sleep. :D

8. rubbish heap

rubbish heap Senior Member

Yeah, I had your problem all through the summer. Get off the OTC sleeping pills right now, they're all the same and they're all fucking useless after a couple days.

You can try the herb Valerian, that helps alot of people. Didn't help me though, I ended up taking 10 at a time and still wouldn't be able to sleep.

Prescription wise, there's Ambien but you shouldn't take it long term. It works, though.

I'm off the Amb now, I'm taking a supplement called 5-HTP and it's been working better than anything else. It's not really a sedative, what it does is it puts serotonin in your brain which is the chemical that regulates sleep. More serotonin, easier time falling asleep on your own. You take it a couple hours before bed on an empty stomach, I highly recommend trying it out. No side effects for me.

Anyways, if you smoke weed, get a nice indica strain and smoke it an hour or two before bed and you should fall asleep immediately. The downside of this is that you usually don't dream when you go to bed blunted, which I miss. It can also get expensive.

Beer will help you fall asleep, as we all know, but you get low quality rest and wake up feeling like shit...

Sometimes I like to drink coffee up to the time I go to bed, and than my dreams go past me like race cars on the Indy 500...Zoom..Zoom.. Just kidding on that one, place the movie quote on that one and you can have a cookie....

Anyways I'm feeling pretty wired and productive and all that shit, it's probably time for me to end this post.

RubberSheepOner

9. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

velarian is just supposed to help with restful sleep, not gettin you to sleep.

all the otc are just benadryl, so he is right

what you want to do is hit yourself with a bat

10. seven.13

seven.13 Dirty Dozen Crew

11. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

i've had chronic insomnia since this one day when the girl i fell in love with told me that her and my best friend had fucked. that was probably one of the most fucked up days. anyway, i don't think about her too much anymore. atleast, i try not to. but i still have the insomnia.

12. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

valerian helps relax 'you'. ambien is the ill pill form illaville. mexican ambien is it's awesome cousin 'ricoh'

ricoh ambien. you heard me. go to sleep, fool

13. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

so how many times does your heater go on and off until you fall asleep?

14. Casual T.

Casual T. Member

[​IMG]

Buy this movie and watch it every night. You should have no problems falling asleep after that.

15. T=E=A=S=E

T=E=A=S=E Elite Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:hahahahhaa: