Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

I would give anything to

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by deformatron, Sep 21, 2005.

1. deformatron

deformatron Member

I dont know why. maybe its because hardcore and metal and other hard music is in a resurgence right now, or because of the "reunions" within the past couple years, or because im getting old and wanting to relive my youth, but i would pay just about anything and go anywhere to see Minor Threat play a show.

Having said that, i heard Gorilla Biscuits was semi fresh but still sort of wack, seeing Integrity last year was okay but not what it would have been in like 96, and i heard Youth of Today was depressing and they only did if for the money. so i guess i would want to see Minor Threat not so much now as in 81 or 82. but still, even being the cheapskate that i am, id fly just about anywhere and pay anything to see the original members play now.

2. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

You shoudl become a Knightbat so you don't have to make threads for passing thoughts.

But I agree. I'd go to that shit just to see Ian McKay get all drunk and light up a cigarette while doing "Straight Edge". Then he could finish it all off by bending over and pissing out of his butthole onto all the "sXe" scene hacks in the front row.

3. deformatron

deformatron Member

far as i know hes still edge. or atleast sober. but either way...

4. AREANKAY

AREANKAY Senior Member

i redo my thread for the betteer...

reunioun shows. are for bank.

duds re;ieze they can get 4 grand a show

next wee there is a tour, to me more power to these dudes bank off er thinng they can. but donrt thing your gonna see a good show. cause your fooling yourrself

rip

al eyes of hate

5. deformatron

deformatron Member

6. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

i have a video of them playing a song, it's not that amazing

7. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

I'm seeing Converge on Wednesday. I wish it was 1992.....

8. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

I'm reading this book American Hardcore that covers hardcore from 1979-1986 on a national level. It's a collection of quotes from all these people involved in the music and it's a good and legit read. There are so many things I wish I could have seen from back then, despite all the violence. I would have loved to have been able to see Bad Brains play Pay to Cum and have my mind be blown.

9. fermentor666

Also, Converge is great live. I haven't seen them since they put out You Fail Me, though, and I wasn't too crazy about it.

10. Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus Senior Member

I only listen to post modern punk pop douchecore, it's the new replacement for post punk modern pop core-core, which was the core scene's core for almost 3 days before it became out of style.

[​IMG]

11. fermentor666

12. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Veteran Member

Lifetime reunion in Asbury: Dope.
    Silent Majority reunion shows: Also dope.

13. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

I'd kill to see Inside Out.

14. MANIK DEK

MANIK DEK Member

i would give anything to see johnny cash play with nine inch nails playing hurt together as a duet

15. oneeightyone

oneeightyone Senior Member

Rage is my new best friend. fuck yea.

i think i hit a guy from minor threat once, no like, seriously.