Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

how about.... DO IT YOURSELF?!

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by otto dix, Dec 20, 2003.

1. otto dix

otto dix Veteran Member

its amazing how quick some of you are to give out information and advice...especially when it comes to freights. i'm not talking about general information but...some of these questions "how do you make a straight line?" and "what brand of bucket paint should i use?" have got to go. trial error, trial error, like everyone else...you can do it.... trial error.

2. $360

$360 Elite Member

how about "what ever is easy to rack"

i do agree. it goes for spots too. dont know if the spot is chill? dont harass other people, go chill there one night without any paint. see what happens.

3. krowteN

krowteN Member

yeah!
    what do you think people did before 12oz

4. 2ten

2ten Member

some of that is undrstandable, but i think you guys should try and look at some things from other peoples POV..... Some people from small towns might not know shit, and would like to learn a lil something befor they go out and paint wack train after wack train... (like the safety tips)
    cuz last time i checked it wasnt really the cool thing to do in little towns downsouth/midwest, like it is in larger places.

There is always too sides to a story, and it seems to me most of the more "in the know cuz i have been painting since 1990 you fucking toy"
    people on this board hate on kids that would have no place else to ask good, solid, legit questions....

I understand where you guys are coming from but ya i want to argue just for the sake of being different...

5. porque

porque Senior Member

...there ain't nothin too horrible about painting a bunch of shitty trains to learn some things...its definately a better way to learn than to get on the internet and ask people you don't know...

...it does bother me when people get on here and ask stupid ass questions...there's not much to do about it other than give them really mean answers to discourage such behavior...but the questions are inevitable...its the internet...and some of the users on here have never picked up a can before...

...if you are one of these people that don't know anthing and want some easy answers...believe me it will be much better to learn from experience than anything else...it's like reading a book on surgery an thinking you can open up a get a job in the ER...it just doesn't work that way...go out there and fucking TRY...

...ps...see sticky in the yard "Whatever Happened to"...

6. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

what's the best way to make krink ?

7. 2ten

2ten Member

Iam not a rookie, but not a veteran.. in the past 6 months i have painted about 95 trains, iam sure ill catch hate for being honest, but it doesnt matter. Iam just trying to stick up for the people who dont have a strong graff scene in there area, thats all... (ine is pretty large, but iam moving in 5 days to a place that has virtually no writers of any kind)

I think i have posted 2 questions on here, and have gotten good results from both. i dunno like i said, iam just in the mood to talk, its raining and iam kinda hung over.

And for real, could someone post how to make krink cuz i cant kind a store that sells it here.. :lol:

8. shesmyheroin

shesmyheroin Member

i was going to make all the idiot kids on here etch bath cookies for christmas... but i decided they all might go try to rub them on windows since none of know what it is to begin with. but then i guess we could answer the classic question of...

"what is etch? How do you make it" with....

2 cups of flour...
    1 cup of sugar..

ok, i'm drunk and my humor is off.

9. Southern kid

Southern kid Elite Member

*tips hat to My Sweetheart, the Drunk*

I think we need to implore some kind of "eradicate the toys" program. Everyone should hit a quota of 5 toy deaths next year (2004). Who's down to clean up the scene?

10. alabama

alabama Member

best thread ever......

11. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

It's fairly easy to catch onto everything on this site without asking questions anyway.

12. mangoria

mangoria Junior Member

buy it online:krunk:

13. cascade_67

cascade_67 Banned

how do you make a straight line?

14. angelofdeath

angelofdeath Elite Member

lets go for the gold!

15. krowteN

krowteN Member

lets face it we were all toys at one point. i hate writers with a little skill and a couple of years under their belt that act like toys worse than i hate plain old toys.

as far as being from a small town, 10 years ago people from small towns figured things out without logging on and asking - so whats the difference now. oh yeah now there is a place to ask these questions.

to the toys. keep in mind this board is monitored. think before you ask the "anyone from such n' such let me know where the dope freight spot is" kind of question. you should be online learning your history, figuring out if a name you like is already in use, doing your homework. but certian shit you should just figure out on your on, and true wisdom is knowing the difference.