how about.... DO IT YOURSELF?!

otto dix

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by BIG T

give me your toe and i let you move in!!;)

Speaking of toes, would i be stepping on any if i said "hey, Big T, I'm coming to stay at your house and eat your food and paint your trains and spit on your women during St. Patrick's Gay" ?

Email me dude.

On the Topic. When i started painting trains, i got taken out by some people who knew what they were doing and just used common sense when creeping around after that. I didn't even know this site existed until a year or two after the fact. Usually, if you have to ask questions about how to paint a yard, you really shouldn't be painting trains.

Originally posted by Euro Beast

do graffiti for it's real reason, to get girls.

most girls i know hate graffiti writers. everyone out here has a "and i woke up in the morning and there was a tag on my garage door" story.

kids today, got no respect.

writing their name pretty will get you a second date, smelling like paint and having rusto all over your shoes will get you booted out of their parents' house.

i see what youre saying but trying things without any advice can get you into trouble. sometimes having a good head on your shoulders isnt enough in certain situations (train yards, street bombing etc) if you dont have anyone to learn from, this should be a place to ask questions.

Also...if a little advice would help a first, second or third piece be a little less awful then i'll be more than happy to help....what i dont approve of is giving advice about trains or glass etch or other graffiti related subjects that could hurt someone or get someone in a shitload of trouble when theyre just starting out: when they shouldnt be doing that shit so soon...you know?

i guess my main concearn is "less crap on trains" but i crapped on many a train in the past so...draw your own conclusions.

• 4 weeks later...

if anyone still reads this thread....

I am a writer from a very large city that recently (6 months ago) moved to a small city/large town. Keep in mind that I moved out here for one reason----the fr8 seen....Its off the hook..not much of a street scene but they have a few of the largest yards I have ever seen, not to mention several daytime spots...I wanted to point out my own observations from this move......

Advantages...

a lot less writers

no type of yard security after hours

lots of rack spots for old paint, and random goodies

no task force

there isnt really any graff up around the yards so its not a problem to-folks who live around there.....

lots of fallen flags and short line cars lying around..(eye candy)

workers and bulls arent constantly on the "lookout" like back home

this may sound wierd, but....the few toys that rarely do come to paint my spot only do once in a blue moon..they make themselves obvious, but I dont, so workers only think its once in a while they get graffiti at theyre spot...so to me...its kind of an advantage

Disadvantages....

i'm not white, so I stick out like a sore thumb

locals know a face they dont recognise

this town i am in gets a lot of tourists passing thru, including out of town- writers, so sometimes they come to a spot and blow it up, just because- its easier than hometown...

there are crazy rednecks and crackheads near my spot

plus a lot more homeless folks who want to keep theyre spot chill too....

and yes.....truly i am saddened that there a lot less graff groupies. that just hurts

let me know what you guys think....peace

Re: if anyone still reads this thread....

Originally posted by huckle

I am a writer from a very large city that recently (6 months ago) moved to a small city/large town. Keep in mind that I moved out here for one reason----the fr8 seen....Its off the hook..not much of a street scene but they have a few of the largest yards I have ever seen, not to mention several daytime spots...I wanted to point out my own observations from this move......

Advantages...

a lot less writers

no type of yard security after hours

lots of rack spots for old paint, and random goodies

no task force

there isnt really any graff up around the yards so its not a problem to-folks who live around there.....

lots of fallen flags and short line cars lying around..(eye candy)

workers and bulls arent constantly on the "lookout" like back home

this may sound wierd, but....the few toys that rarely do come to paint my spot only do once in a blue moon..they make themselves obvious, but I dont, so workers only think its once in a while they get graffiti at theyre spot...so to me...its kind of an advantage

Disadvantages....

i'm not white, so I stick out like a sore thumb

locals know a face they dont recognise

this town i am in gets a lot of tourists passing thru, including out of town- writers, so sometimes they come to a spot and blow it up, just because- its easier than hometown...

there are crazy rednecks and crackheads near my spot

plus a lot more homeless folks who want to keep theyre spot chill too....

and yes.....truly i am saddened that there a lot less graff groupies. that just hurts

let me know what you guys think....peace

sounds like you live in my town!!!!!:lol: :lol: and i love it here

its really cool here....I was out walking around catching tags and hollows last night and it was completely dead on the streets at 9:00.....i just wish I had more paint.

plus my hometown is also pigsville, and I never see any cops out at night

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: Re: if anyone still reads this thread....

Originally posted by BIG T

sounds like you live in my town!!!!!:lol: :lol: and i love it here

yeah the great thing about your town though is even if your not white you wont stick out like a sore thumb....the best thing besides that bar with the topless trivia night...which reminds me, ill be down at the end of next month.

• 5 weeks later...

the things that these kids miss is that no one on here lives in your town with your yards and your train issues so their answers don't amount to much. of course, listening to advice from kabar and fr8hound etc. is about as good as it gets, but again, THEY DON'T LIVE IN YOUR YARD. your yard is different so own that shit: figure it out and you'll be better equiped to kill it than if you just listen to what people on here have to say.

• 3 weeks later...

This forum is a love-hate relationship. Its great because you get to see different perspectives and learn how to go about things. Take for example the freight threads. Some of the kids that start these really know what they are talking about, and this helps out a lot of kids if going about their shit without doing stupid things like heating out yards. But then you get people that are like oh my god what brand should i use to do this, whats the best paint, blah, blah. It's about trial and error not a fucking trend. Some people have different tastes in what they like to use, you may prefer one brand over another, jst try it out and go from there. Like some other buddy said above, people had to do this before 12ozprophet!

from what i've seen of my home town, we have a pretty medium build ..somewhere in between redneck and ...less redneck.... i've spent the last week or so (finals week) leavin school early and just exploring my home town....its such a wonderful feeling....i've found about 4 new yards and almost all are quite chill...you guys ever done that...just drive around for a few days and explore?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived