FUCK PAYPAL

fermentor666

So FOUR YEARS AGO, I lost my debit card and cancelled it. Forgot to take it off my Paypal account, and accidently ordered something with it. Paypal immediatly locked my account. After searching the BBB to find their number because back then they didn't have it on their webpage, I gave them a call. They wouldn't let me re-open my account unless I sent them all sorts of personal information, like my driver's liscense, copies of utility bills, bank statements, passport, etc. Well, I said fuck you, I'm not giving you all this personal shit just because I used the wrong card. Flash forward 2 years later, I try to call them again, get in a spitting match with one of their cock-smoking telephone employees who can literally go to hell. Still no help.

So now it's four years later, and I need to get something off E-Bay, and I'd really fucking like to use Paypal and I can't because it says this when I try to use my old account:

This account has been permanently locked with a $0.00 USD balance. All information associated with this account has been blocked from the PayPal system and cannot be registered with another account.

Return to the homepage

Now I know what you're saying, and no, I can't open another account. I tried this already, and they actually blocked my bank account and routing number. Yeah, that's right, I'm now fucking BANNED from using Paypal. AND THE MOTHER FUCKING COCKSUCKERS WON'T PICK UP THE FUCKING PHONE!@!@~! FUCK YOU AUTOMATED HOLD GUY!!@~! OPUCIK GTUSDDSFDSFsd

fsDFIF

sdf

dsf

sd

f

df

ds

f

sdf

ds

fds

f

PICK UP THE FUCKING PHONER@#!@#!~!@!@!~@~!`1`2edsadqwe3231312esdfxsvcsd dsafsd fdsrerSUCK COCKS IN HELLL!@!~!~

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

How could you not have expected them to require all that personal info? I know it doesn't feel right to give it to them, but it's a necessary procedure to avoid fraud and identity theft.

I'm actually glad they're being so thorough.

Thanks for the offer symbols, the guy accepts money orders, it's just that I'd feel much safer transfering money to him over the net then sending it through snail-mail to Seattle.

I'm still on hold with these cock-smokers, someone answered then transferred me over to the "resolution team" and I've been on hold since. GRRRR

Mams: The thing is, I used that old card for about a year before I lost it, and tried to use it once by accident. The new card has my exact same info on it, but they just won't take it. If it were fraud, I think the bank would have closed the account after 4 years, right??? I'm sorry, but I'm not sending all that personal information half a country over to a company that is nothing but a middle man, no matter how official they are.

Be glad until it happens to you, Paypal has monopolized the internet payment market, and on E-Bay, there is no other way to transfer funds.

that's funny. this EXACT thing happened to me. but to make it worse, i had $800 in my paypal account from a sale i just did, that they froze and wouldnt let me touch! totally the same deal though. i had a newer credit card and an old debit card. i accidently tried to use the old one, and they locked shit up. i understand them trying to be safe and all, but it's a totally easy/simply mistake that common sense should be able to clear up. why they act like total nazi's is beyond me. and just to make matters worse, the bank who my debit card was from had sent me to collection, because apparently i owed them money, so when paypal wanted me to get info from my bank, i couldnt do it, because BOA wouldnt work with me unless i paid off my balance. it was annoying as shit. eventually i got someone on the phone, explained the whole thing and they were cool and unblocked my account, but for like 2 weeks, while i was broke as fuck and counting on that money, i was screwed.

however, just the other day i got fucked by some faggot on ebay over some old krylon (seller was 'mr. verdes', if anyone comes across him, dude is shiesty). dude took my money but never sent the paint. i filed a complaint and within a week they had settled it and found in my favor. yeah for that.

ok, im done now.

Called again today, of course the number that the woman gave me to call the resolutions number was just the main number, and I had to wait on hold for 30 minutes again. Finally got through to resolutions, lady told me the same thing they've been telling me for the past 4 years, that I'd have to send them all my personal info in order for them to even delete the account. So I asked to speak to the supervisor because seeking said they fixed his account without having to send all that crap, and I explained to the supervisor that if there was fraud going on, my bank probably would have closed the account sometime during the last four years.

She agreed, took her about a minute to close the account and now I can finally use fucking piece of shit Paypal again. So all that bullshit they were saying about not being able to fix or close the account without my bills and ID and bank statements was bogus. Took me 4 years to prove it, but yeah. FUCK YEAH.

My boyfriend just the other day decided to transfer the $20 he had in the account to his checking account, not realizing it would COST him $26 to transfer the funds, which made him go under in his checking and was charged an extra $30 for going under in his checking. Paypal is bad.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Hell, I never trusted Paypal and only signed up a year ago cause I had no other choice (needed a scanner off eBay). The fact that they'e not legally a bank and are not subject to the same rules as a normal bank really put me off. And of course, frozen account stories are a dime a dozen. I've taken utmost care whenever I've had to use it to make sure my shit is on point, never had a problem.

To me, it's not very suprising they've become big nazis about shit like this, as much of a pain in the ass as it might be, even if some people get fucked for silly errors they did. This same kind of silly error can be easily exploited by a third party and end up causing a world of shit both for yourself and Paypal. A single Paypal scandal could easily bring them down, and eBay would definitely feel the effect. It's in their best interests to be complete dicks about it.

The way you were treated is probably the way their rules go. Thankfully you got a supervisor on the line who could override said rules... at her own risk.