Are YOU Registered to vote?

2 blaazed

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Everyone young should go vote so we stop getting fucked over by the politicians.

Something like 77% of senior citizens vote, and look what it got them last year, a $600 billion prescription drug entitlement. That in addition to medicare and social security means we're spending retarded amounts of money on old people.

24% of 18-29 year olds vote and look where it's gotten us: the politicians close budget gaps by reducing the amount of money for student loans and grants and raise tuition at state universities. Fuck that, go vote and watch those fuckers make college free like it ought to be.

...in every state you have to register prior to voting...in most states you have to register pretty far in advance...today marked the deadline for 13 states, with many more ending by the end of teh week...in some states, however, you can register at the poll on the day of elections...literally right before you vote...you would think thta in our information age you could just show up in any state, at any poll and just give them your ss# and you could then vote with the correct ballot...but then again this is the us...

More reasons to vote:

(regarding the Al Qaeda/Sadaam connection)

"There clearly was a relationship. It's been testified to. The evidence is overwhelming,"

"It goes back to the early '90s. It involves a whole series of contacts, high-level contacts with Osama bin Laden and Iraqi intelligence officials."

-Dick Cheney, June 2004

"To my knowledge, I have not seen any strong, hard evidence that links the two."

-Donald Rumsfeld, Today.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And another bit of Bush cabinet wisdom:

"I don't understand 'proving to the world that you did it (went to war in iraq/took pre-emptive action) for legitimate reasons.'"

-Condaleeza Rice

:heated:

Who is legally not allowed to vote?

I have one felony, and I am currently on pretrial for two felonies.

This being said, I still have received my voters registration card.

My best friend shot a kid when he was 17 and tried as an adult in Chicago. He's out now and has received his voter registration card.

perhaps it's only illegals who cannot vote?

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

a question for my american friends:

to vote must you first be registered, or are you allowed to cast a "silent" ballot?

here in australia it is compulsory to vote by law, but it is not compulsory to be registered to vote. silent ballots are permitted

silent?

all voting is private.

no unregistered voting is allowed, so a person must have an address to register.

in most states, convicted felons aren't allowed to vote, and never regain the privilege even after serving their time.

some states also have requirements about how soon before the election you can register. a lot will cut off registration a few days before..a few allow same day registration

there is no voting or registering requirement.

voters used to be put on jury-duty summons rolls, until it looked like people weren't voting because of that

it was recently changed so that jury summons are now sent to people who have a driver's liscense.

there is also no 'protest vote'

(so you can't vote for "no one")

and we have the elctoral college:

a state's citizens vote to decide who the state picks.

then the state wins are tallied to determine who wins the election..the population of a state determines how much pull they have in the final tally.

(why george dubya was elected without getting a majority of votes nationwide)

..maybe you knew that...

they do that so that states with barely any people still have some pull

I recently saw something on tv that said the majority of single people support Kerry and that the majority of married people support bush.

Single people are not considered to be very consistent voters...which is probably why most of the polls show bush ahead.

If all the single people that have been bitching about how shitty bush is on this website, at the water cooler, in the pubs and all the other sites...actually turn out to vote...this election very well could be decided by them.

I am registered and will be voting for the first time since Reagan held office.

Archived