Manufacturing rap beef

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Posted (edited)

the sample Kendrick is rapping over is one where Drake’s “uncle” Mabon “Teenie” Hodges (and his brothers Leroy and Charles) played on the record. When Drake’s ties to the American Black experience were questioned, defenders pointed out swiftly that Drake has ties to the Memphis soul music scene through his father, musician Dennis Graham, and his adoptive uncles who worked with Al Green. Well, the sample for “6:16 in LA” is Al Green’s “What a Wonderful Thing Love Is” from Al Green’s 1972 album, “I’m Still In Love With You,” whose musical personnel was none other than Drake’s uncle Teenie Hodges and company

Kendrick Lamar Octuple Entendre •Pac Bday •Father’s Day 2024 is 6/16 •6:16 in LA - Play on Drakes Timestamp Records •Bible Verses 6:16 •Nicole Brown Simpson funeral 6/16 •OJ Simpson Trial on 6/16 •Drake self proclaimed 6 God, 616 number of Beast •Euphoria Premiered 6/16.

Edited by MOOGLE?
  • Like 3
  • Truth 1

4 hours ago, MOOGLE? said:

the sample Kendrick is rapping over is one where Drake’s “uncle” Mabon “Teenie” Hodges (and his brothers Leroy and Charles) played on the record. When Drake’s ties to the American Black experience were questioned, defenders pointed out swiftly that Drake has ties to the Memphis soul music scene through his father, musician Dennis Graham, and his adoptive uncles who worked with Al Green. Well, the sample for “6:16 in LA” is Al Green’s “What a Wonderful Thing Love Is” from Al Green’s 1972 album, “I’m Still In Love With You,” whose musical personnel was none other than Drake’s uncle Teenie Hodges and company

Kendrick Lamar Octuple Entendre •Pac Bday •Father’s Day 2024 is 6/16 •6:16 in LA - Play on Drakes Timestamp Records •Bible Verses 6:16 •Nicole Brown Simpson funeral 6/16 •OJ Simpson Trial on 6/16 •Drake self proclaimed 6 God, 616 number of Beast •Euphoria Premiered 6/16.

dang man

impressive knowledge.

you a certified Drake historian?

• LOL! 2

Posted (edited)

I'll say it again, these tactics in the music industry been around for something.  However, the sales pitch of beef has been around a lot longer than both these amateurs combined. 

They both simply exploited chapter 3 out of this play book.  

For the record, this book is on the banned book list for Texas Department of Corrections and Justice.

17147676642813504170039227090941.thumb.jpg.be6f9cf99bb6baad3b06649decb75429.jpg

17147677069024687002200312819522.thumb.jpg.733ce36f5d8811fabf38dec5b99b67d7.jpg

Everyone who buys into this guy just got played like Milton & Bradley.

Edited by ndv
  • Like 1
  • Truth 2

15 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

Drake should be dropping something tonight. I hope it gets real personal and violent and someone’s career gets ruined. Kendrick seems miles ahead at the moment.

Screenshot_20240503_193528.jpg

• LOL! 1

6 hours ago, LUGR said:

dang man

impressive knowledge.

you a certified Drake historian?

Twitter bruh... but I do enjoy a bit of mf doom style lyric breakdown of entendres .

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

17 minutes ago, MOOGLE? said:

Twitter bruh... but I do enjoy a bit of mf doom style lyric breakdown of entendres .

Drake is gettin dragged extra heavy on Twitter RN. Learning a lot. 

• Truth 1

Well God damn.. lol

So at first I was like hmmm.. OK drake came with some shit I guess.. alot of just shit talking really.. but the video of crushing the van representing GKMC along with him and his crew eating at the Chinese spot Kendrick mentioned along with a good handful of bars.. I'm like ok.. not too bad I guess still not the best but a decent contender..

Then I just heard this kendrick joint.. nah this a different level.. man's basically wrote letters to his family saying how much of a deadbeat and piece of shit he is.. like God damn dude lol

Even if this is manufactured or not, still some hay makers being thrown by both parties but mainly kendrick.. Definitely interesting indeed..

• Truth 2

Since there are rap afficionados in this thread, can someone please explain how 50cent is supposedly "The Love Doctor" in one song yet he refuses to make love when he is in "The Gay Swinger Club"?

Such a paradox boggles My mind, yet it moreso leads Me to view the entire genre as just an AI construct aimed at appealling to the lowest common denominator general audience who look past such inconsistencies when the genre is entirely lyrical flow based yet the lyrics are just fabricated and meaningless as a result.

2 hours ago, IrishCarBombs said:

meet the grahams was sinister lol drake has no option but to pull up to kendricks house now

I haven’t listened to any of these diss tracks but since it received a “sinister” rating from @IrishCarBombs, I will have to check them out.

• Truth 1