Unpopular Opinion (but true): Detroit Style > Chicago & NY Style Pizza

Mercer

but Is it really better tho?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit-style_pizza

Detroit-style pizza is a rectangular pan pizza with a thick, crisp, chewy crust. It is traditionally topped to the edges with mozzarella and/or Wisconsin brick cheese, which caramelizes against the high-sided heavyweight rectangular pan. Detroit-style pizza was originally baked in rectangular steel trays designed for use as automotive drip pans or to hold small industrial parts in factories.[1] It was developed during the mid-20th century in Detroit, Michigan, before spreading to other parts of the United States in the 2010s. It is one of Detroit's iconic local foods.

I fucks with this heavy:

image.thumb.png.a98f0c419d167d2dae1fa70f226027c4.png

That caramelized cheese crust laced with parm...

422108474_BobRossCheffsKiss.gif.50c4195c4c67c97357b4b51f15c4f7a9.gif

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2
  • Pause 1
  • Truth 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I don't know, I've never had a Detroit style pizza although I am sure I had something similar in the past but must have not been all that great since I can't remember if I have or haven't.  I guess thats me saying regardless of the pizza style, the baker determines the level of quality.  

I could be wrong, but considering how much HTX boasts themselves about being the nation's leading eatery, I find it odd we lack in the pizza department.  There are a handful or places that can bake decent pies but I wouldn't put them in the same ring as some of the top places in Detroit, Chicago, and New York.  

It would be nice to find a place that can bake all three types great to be agreed by natives to represent their city to sample them all at once to understand each that makes them different and why.  Basically the history of the pie types in relation to city.  Unfortunately, with pizza everyone claims they have the best style pie and HTX is not the place that can represent that.   The only two recommendations I could give someone in HTX is Spanky's and Star Pizza.  But these places are just pizza to me.