Mechanical Keyboards-Sik K

+plus+

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I have accidentally dumped beer on one key board and jack and coke on another. It really messed both keyboards up. The beer one was my dad’s desktop and it recovered after a long sticky time. The jack and coke one ruined my mom’s brand new laptop. Both were pretty pissed off.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

Got an external (mechanical) keyboard for Zoom stuff when Covid hit in 2020, and it was really nice to type on.

Eventually sold it on again though (and got an external Apple Magic Keyboard instead) because apparently I'm very used to the "flat" / low travel kind of keyboards, was mis-typing a lot on the mechanical one and it annoyed me a lot.

The Magic Keyboard, while being expensive as fuck, is absolutely amazing. I used wished they made a dark (grey / black) one in small, without the numpad!

52 minutes ago, Deine Mudder said:

Got an external (mechanical) keyboard for Zoom stuff when Covid hit in 2020, and it was really nice to type on.

Eventually sold it on again though (and got an external Apple Magic Keyboard instead) because apparently I'm very used to the "flat" / low travel kind of keyboards, was mis-typing a lot on the mechanical one and it annoyed me a lot.

The Magic Keyboard, while being expensive as fuck, is absolutely amazing. I used wished they made a dark (grey / black) one in small, without the numpad!

Yea I wana do a low profile build because im honestly faster w lower travel time even if it doesnt feel as good

never had or used one , but a gaming pad i got at a thrift store years ago has been the best 2.34 i ever spent for a peripheral pc accessory.

all the alt+ hotkey bindings and toggle mappings with the side d pad for fl studio.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiZYBBldKdLqQs8ENjM 

been looking at this one for a minute , and i like the one on the side aesthetically a bit more

https://www.8bitdo.com/retro-mechanical-keyboard/

from reading on reddit the two dial knobs are knotch turns instead of smooth sliding and i fucks with that so much

LVYC8F7EQHrWdt3VgWuPG9.jpg

• Like 3

This is super interesting to me. I literally didn't know that the home pc was still a thing that was happening. I thought they went the way of the dinosaur in exchange for tablets and laptops. 

I do understand the feeling of keys under your fingers. Ive always loved the feel of mechanical typewriters. Every button you press feels intentional and with purpose.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, ndv said:

@MOOGLE? the one on the right is Dope. I will look into them.

Something about Kailh switches or something being on the keyboard, but reading reddit and reviews about this just makes me unwantingly aware of the mechanical keyboard super fandom of people who are way too into keys that make clicking sounds.

Numpads like this seem like a viable alternative to a midi controller though 

51J4+yf9a+L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_

• Like 1

One of the things I am interested in with keyboards are the keystroke encryption when typing.  A lot of companies (specially the NSA) record key strokes not only what you type but how you type (your key stroke signature).  Think of it as your handwriting or signature or in forensics, a finger print.  We all have a key stroke signature.   But not only do companies use tech to cipher what we type via internet, but they use their apps via our phones microphone to record key stroke sounds to figure out what we are typing.  

So I started looking in to mechanical keyboards that not only have firmware to encrypt key strokes, but the keys all sound the same. 

This is important when looking for a keyboard, however, these keyboards can get pretty expensive.   This when I came across this article and a few others as I went down the rabbit hole of remaining anonymous on the deep/dark web. 

https://hackaday.com/2022/05/06/audio-eavesdropping-exploit-might-make-that-clicky-keyboard-less-cool/

On 12/23/2023 at 8:25 AM, mr.yuck said:

This is super interesting to me. I literally didn't know that the home pc was still a thing that was happening. I thought they went the way of the dinosaur in exchange for tablets and laptops. 

I do understand the feeling of keys under your fingers. Ive always loved the feel of mechanical typewriters. Every button you press feels intentional and with purpose.

It feels so good. I hate typing on phones! kinda got back into desktops because of work recently. been enjoying havin a computer room/study

• Truth 1