Twenty Twenty Three

Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
9 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

always dug finnish graff (though that example sucks)  but never made it there.

think a visit to the old helsinki thread is in order

i don't believe it

almost 10 years to the day since the last post in the finland thread. and it was by me.

Screen Shot 2023-06-29 at 7.51.12 pm.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mauler5150 said:

I have yet to visit Finland, but did Sweden and Norway.

Maybe next time I get to that region of the world I should pay it a visit?

Any must do things to do in Finland you other tourists recommend seeing if this ever happens?

I'm sure Helsinki is cool and all, but I'm personally into mountains, visiting glaciers, hiking, etc. Iceland was a blast because during that time of year the sunsets lasted hours, and the photos were dope as a result. I'm more of a finding great trails/spots to camp etc.

image.thumb.png.b5fb46007dd35f133c6841117aa020d3.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

I'm sure Helsinki is cool and all, but I'm personally into mountains, visiting glaciers, hiking, etc. Iceland was a blast because during that time of year the sunsets lasted hours, and the photos were dope as a result. I'm more of a finding great trails/spots to camp etc.

image.thumb.png.b5fb46007dd35f133c6841117aa020d3.png

Epic photo.

I would love to get out into the outdoors more when travelling as I have done enough of the central tourist centres of capital cities to have lasted a couple of lifetimes.

I didn't see the fjords in Norway, as the most out of town I got was seeing the Olympic Ski jump, which gave me an appreciation for how insane those athletes are once I got to sense the actual scale of the jump in person. It was September when I saw it though, and I couldn't justify the $100 20 second flying fox ride down it so if I ever return I would do it if only because I didn't do it last time.

I missed the Northern lights as well, as in spite of it being Autumn it was still cold

I was talking with my wife the other day ago about how dope it would be if the news would just drop all pretenses of respect for these fucking pop culture personality jack offs and just talk about them for what they really are. 

Well out of nowhere today it finally happened. The media usually describes Elon Musk as Tesla CEO, Twitter Owner. Not today. Today they introduced this dude as Conspiracy theorist Elon Musk. 

Hilarious. Keep it up y'all.

Edited by mr.yuck
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

I was talking with my wife the other day ago about how dope it would be if the news would just drop all pretenses of respect for these fucking pop culture personality jack offs and just talk about them for what they really are. 

Well out of nowhere today it finally happened. The media usually describes Elon Musk as Tesla CEO, Twitter Owner. Not today. Today they introduced this dude as Conspiracy theorist Elon Musk. 

Hilarious. Keep it up y'all.

Well being a celebrity in the cell phone age is truly a worthless thing compared to being a celebrity whose craziness was shielded to the memories of those present to witness it, or in the odd occasion, having their publicist leak some story to the press in order to continue to keep their client relevant. 

So whilst I understand Musk to be an astute businessman, who uses the internet to his advantage, I find the rest of the celebrity types of today to be shells of those that existed in the 80s and 90s.

One thing that did give some semblance of hope was the Fast X premiere footage which had Vin Diesel and someone else either drunk or coked out of their minds (probably both). This is the kind of celebrity behaviour I condone to the degree whereby such people have nothing left to acheive in regards to their craft and are so rich that they can get fucked up and wasted for every day for the rest of their lives and it wouldn't make a dent in their accounts.

Yet for others not with such resources, I would suggest avoiding such activities, given that you most likely have dreams and aspirations that give you a reason to exist and work towards bettering your ability to eventually reach the stage where you too can go "fuck it, I'm just gonna fuck myself up because I have nothing left to achieve or inspire me right now", only so when you inevitably get sick and tired of using drugs to get highs, you can look back and laugh at how fucked up you were like I'm sure JCVD does of his 90s Street Fighter $10k a day coke habit days.

• Like 1

“When 19-year-old Charles Chen got a perm in early 2022, it was a spur of the moment decision.

“I was looking for something simple to style,” he said of his “naturally bone straight” hair.

But what was intended to be a one-time hair experiment has now become an integral step in Chen’s beauty routine, which also includes skin care and standard grooming. He now gets a perm every time he visits his barber in downtown Manhattan.”

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/30/style/mens-perms-hair-trends-kpop/index.html

Any dudes on 12oz rockin a perm?

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

On 7/1/2023 at 1:15 AM, LUGR said:

“When 19-year-old Charles Chen got a perm in early 2022, it was a spur of the moment decision.

“I was looking for something simple to style,” he said of his “naturally bone straight” hair.

But what was intended to be a one-time hair experiment has now become an integral step in Chen’s beauty routine, which also includes skin care and standard grooming. He now gets a perm every time he visits his barber in downtown Manhattan.”

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/30/style/mens-perms-hair-trends-kpop/index.html

Any dudes on 12oz rockin a perm?

When I was 8 or 9 I had my fringe permed.

It was the 80s & was probably thanks to Bret The Hitman Hart.

It never really did anything to my hair though, I never looked like these tiktok kids because I had the classic #2 shaved head with a fringe at the time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LUGR said:

Lol…..fringe

My Mum got professional portraits taken of me and my Brother around this time.

While I'm out of storage space on here, if I can see if she still has it, I shall post it as I had a long fringe like combed back over the shaved head, kind of like a wave, whilst my brother had a massive mullet.

good times, and not cringe in the slightest.

• Like 1