Ford F150 Lightning

Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
4 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

Considering f150 is not only the most popular truck but the most popular vehicle in the world., they won this round for sure. You can’t compete with the legend. I believe it’s priced cheaper too.

Fords been killing it lately.

I admit I was a little disappointed when they announced they wouldn’t be selling cars in NA anymore but now it looks like they read the market right and put their ressources where it mattered. Mach E, Bronco, F150 Lightning and the new Maverick all look like home runs 

1 minute ago, Dark_Knight said:

@Kults are there any pics of the maverick yet?

Just spy shots with the sticker all over it. The reveal is Tuesday

Its just marketing speak but it does sound cool

With the compact manoeuverability of an SUV and the capability of a truck, it’s built for the urban jungle, weekend escapes and you.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Kults said:

Fords been killing it lately.

I admit I was a little disappointed when they announced they wouldn’t be selling cars in NA anymore but now it looks like they read the market right and put their ressources where it mattered. Mach E, Bronco, F150 Lightning and the new Maverick all look like home runs 

oh they just can't sell sedans anymore, no one can. everyone wants Tall Small or Large SUV or Pickup Truck for My Family. shitty trend that gets pedestrians and other road users killed

3 minutes ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

oh they just can't sell sedans anymore, no one can. everyone wants Tall Small or Large SUV or Pickup Truck for My Family. shitty trend that gets pedestrians and other road users killed

Unless they're euro sports cars its true. I prefer being higher up these days, my next vehicle is def gonna be an SUV.

Ive heard they're safer for pedestrians but I feel safer in a truck 🤷‍♂️

SUVs caused more serious injuries than cars when impacts occurred at greater than 19 miles per hour. At speeds of 20-39 mph, 3 out of 10 crashes with SUVs (30 percent) resulted in a pedestrian fatality, compared with 5 out of 22 for cars (23 percent). At 40 mph and higher, all three crashes with SUVs killed the pedestrian (100 percent), compared with 7 out of 13 crashes involving cars (54 percent). Below 20 miles per hour there was little difference between the outcomes, with pedestrians struck by either vehicle type tending to sustain minor injuries.

I can live with that. Watch where you're walking and you should be fine. If a vehicle hits you going over 20-39mph you were probably standing/walking where you shouldn't have been (in most cases)

My initial reaction to the lightning was hard pushback simply based on vehicle range and charge time back to full. I don’t know why I was pushing back so hard. I don’t drive my van 230 miles on my worst day... or two. The pluses are I could stop dragging my generator around with me and start running my job sites off of the truck. Stop relying on the generator for hurricane season when we lose power to the house the most.

Pretty hype about this actually

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

In 10-15 years no one will be manually driving cars anymore. The change will happen even faster than the change from horse to vehicle did.

god I hope you’re mistaken, that would be crushing 

2 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

My initial reaction to the lightning was hard pushback simply based on vehicle range and charge time back to full. I don’t know why I was pushing back so hard. I don’t drive my van 230 miles on my worst day... or two. The pluses are I could stop dragging my generator around with me and start running my job sites off of the truck. Stop relying on the generator for hurricane season when we lose power to the house the most.

Pretty hype about this actually

Tesla has a huge 1st mover advantage with the supercharging network for those long road trips. I don't think they share though out of low demand. I see these electric F150's as having a huge advantage, especially if there's a spike in fuel prices which tend to come along every 10-15 years.

2 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

In 10-15 years no one will be manually driving cars anymore. The change will happen even faster than the change from horse to vehicle did.

That's what I think also. Not as sharp a contrast, but the difference between EV's and ICE vehicles is unquestionably IMOHO advantaged towards EV's, especially in most of the heavily populated areas of the States, Asia, Europe etc. I don't see them as having that much advantage in climates that spend a lot of the time in subzero temps. Eventually a shift in public opinion will happen where driving an ICE vehicle for everyday use will look outdated, like the holdouts still using horses, mules, and donkeys were at first when automobiles came out. After that, ICE vehicles will become luxury items, much like owning horses are considered today.

2 hours ago, Kults said:

god I hope you’re mistaken, that would be crushing 

How so?

• Truth 1

2 minutes ago, Kults said:

I enjoy driving

Oh, gotcha. I do too sort of. Kind of miss being able to read books during the commute from when I rode trains, but I think I'd be a bit disappointed if there wasn't a choice and you had to use FSD everywhere.

• Truth 1

11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Oh, gotcha. I do too sort of. Kind of miss being able to read books during the commute from when I rode trains, but I think I'd be a bit disappointed if there wasn't a choice and you had to use FSD everywhere.

If the self driving function was optional and I didn’t have to pay some ridiculous premium for it i’d use it in traffic every once in awhile. Would really suck if it just became the way of things and cars became automated pods though 

22 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

Still wishing I had been able to get in the 2021 Bronco.

These looking legit. Ford has been making some great plays in last couple years.

Ford stock at a high.

bro. I hate the new bronco. I was so hype for it. They had 25 years to make a bad ass truck. Instead they made a jeep renegade. I don’t know if my disdain is because the only thing I see rolling around are the sport editions. 

• Truth 2

I was hyped too, but that's all I see are 4 door versions and think the explorers look better. Can't get over how dope one of these lightnings would be. Tools locked in the giant fronk plugged in and charging. That wall charger that can power your entire house from the truck if the power goes out.

• Truth 1

41 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

bro. I hate the new bronco. I was so hype for it. They had 25 years to make a bad ass truck. Instead they made a jeep renegade. I don’t know if my disdain is because the only thing I see rolling around are the sport editions. 

That opinion is based on the Sport - which I agree is a bitch made vehicle.

The full size shits are looking ill and crazy options too.

• Like 1

Maverick's 1500 pound bed capacity, and a 2000 pound tow maximum would be a dealbreaker for me dawg. It would make for an excellent fleet/service vehicle for technicians like myself, especially if it has a 2 door, awd 4x4 option.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 11:02 AM, Mercer said:

also wanted to mention that its interesting how much attention this guy spent on the background for his video but then didn't bother to iron his shirt. i know thats some weird petty, been working in TV too long but its distracting as fuck for me.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Maverick's 1500 pound bed capacity, and a 2000 pound tow maximum would be a dealbreaker for me dawg. It would make for an excellent fleet/service vehicle for technicians like myself, especially if it has a 2 door, awd 4x4 option.

I don't think you're the target consumer for this. Just get the F150 proper or the Lightning for all that. It's def a city oriented truck for lighter work