The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

A few days into my new job and my coworker updates me on their attempt unionize since last October or so. 

being self employed most my life it’s never been an option. My last job there are talks of trying to organize kinda recently 

I have handed in my card. 

really open to anything yall with experience have to say 

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
2 hours ago, SMdoubleXL said:

Also 

do you peel your banana from the top (stem) or the bottom ?

IMG_7591.thumb.jpeg.82f932bdb600f0e1e2c31d2cf22bc01a.jpeg

IMG_7593.thumb.jpeg.b9d8d8347f00d5ad3980436c95233fce.jpeg

Ohhhh ok, disregard my question in other thread. I peel from stem, which apparently is “wrong”. Have tried from bottom, but it jus don’t hit the same.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

17 minutes ago, LUGR said:

Ohhhh ok, disregard my question in other thread. I peel from stem, which apparently is “wrong”. Have tried from bottom, but it jus don’t hit the same.

I fail miserably trying from the top. At any stage of the bananas ripeness. 

I also remove that lil thingy at the bottom of a banana with that peel. 

• Like 2

I fail miserably trying from the top. At any stage of the bananas ripeness. 

I also remove that lil thingy at the bottom of a banana with that peel. 

how can you fail at peeling a banana…..? 😂 

just eat it with the skin on next time

• LOL! 2

13 minutes ago, LUGR said:

how can you fail at peeling a banana…..? 😂 

just eat it with the skin on next time

I end up creating tears in the peel causing smooshed banana to squeeze out of about 75% of the time.  
I never fail with the bottom peel 

• Like 2

I end up creating tears in the peel causing smooshed banana to squeeze out of about 75% of the time.  
I never fail with the bottom peel 

Pro tips for next time:

1. Before getting started - take a deep breath

2. Be gentle - banana is equally delicate as it is delicious

3. Do not squeeze while peeling - death grip = a sad banana

good luck, I think you can do it!

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 2

2 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

i've never heard of peeling bananas from the bottom. always start at the top myself 🍌

apparently it’s the “proper” way to peel it

28 minutes ago, nicklesndimes said:

i've never heard of peeling bananas from the bottom. always start at the top myself 🍌

Have I never ever. 

Yeah, me too, thats the first for me hearing about peeling from the bottom.  And definitely the first time ever seeing this.  Props on the peel @SMdoubleXL

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SMdoubleXL said:

A few days into my new job and my coworker updates me on their attempt unionize since last October or so. 

being self employed most my life it’s never been an option. My last job there are talks of trying to organize kinda recently 

I have handed in my card. 

really open to anything yall with experience have to say 

Get in a union. Worth the small price one pays to join if you ask Me as the workplace is full of rat race dog eat dog types and a union protects you from these jealous and envious types in a worst case scenario from My experience.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Have you ever noticed that bananas is basically Ban An Ass? So when some one is BANANAS, they are basically acting in a manner that is deserving of being banned from where ever they are.

Also randomly I learned on tiktok the other day, by way of a banana farmer, that when picking bananas from the store, you want to get the ones with the shortest fattest necks. The have the best flavor.

Edited by mr.yuck
  • Truth 1

On 5/31/2024 at 12:39 PM, mr.yuck said:

Have you ever noticed that bananas is basically Ban An Ass? So when some one is BANANAS, they are basically acting in a manner that is deserving of being banned from where ever they are.

Also randomly I learned on tiktok the other day, by way of a banana farmer, that when picking bananas from the store, you want to get the ones with the shortest fattest necks. The have the best flavor.

@Inappropriate_Responder

• LOL! 1

26 minutes ago, Schnitzel said:

nothing wrong with being a hater if they deserve it. keeps 'em honest

What's the difference between being a hater and unabashedly telling the truth about everything?

• Truth 1

Okay. So I think its hating if you are trying to gain personally by making some one else look bad. I think by taking away the personal gain aspect, you just become an asshole.

I'm gonna be a fucking asshole for the rest of this year. It's been a long time since I just woke up in asshole mode and pushed on the gas all day.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

always look for the positive in others, a hater is always there just to target where it hurts the most.

there's a difference between honesty and being purposely hurtful. raise others up, the sky would be dark with only one star in it.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

2 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

always look for the positive in others, a hater is always there just to target where it hurts the most.

there's a difference between honesty and being purposely hurtful. raise others up, the sky would be dark with only one star in it.

764783F9-6638-4E30-9A86-DAA42CA2D56D.gif

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

50 minutes ago, nicklesndimes said:

well sheeeit

that's way more positive!

• Props 1