Alphabattle Revival - Info / Layout discussion / let's get this back and going.

defyoner

Blasting through the search results it seems that the old alpha battle threads are dead in the water and most of them were rather time restrictive and single letter threads. 

This would be dope to bring back possibly with a more centralized thread instead of creating a new one every letter. 

My thoughts are that we do a letter every 2 weeks which would fill out a year with Z carrying over, keep it to one thread that the title gets updated every other week.  Anything goes, paper, digital, paint, sculpture, as long as you created it. 

Judging - Could do set judges or just have it as a post ya letters type deal. 

Any interest here or thoughts? 

Edited by defyoner
  • Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 4/26/2020 at 2:23 PM, defyoner said:

Blasting through the search results it seems that the old alpha battle threads are dead in the water and most of them were rather time restrictive and single letter threads. 

This would be dope to bring back possibly with a more centralized thread instead of creating a new one every letter. 

My thoughts are that we do a letter every 2 weeks which would fill out a year with Z carrying over, keep it to one thread that the title gets updated every other week.  Anything goes, paper, digital, paint, sculpture, as long as you created it. 

Judging - Could do set judges or just have it as a post ya letters type deal. 

Any interest here or thoughts? 

This has been brought up a few times. I think most recently via DM by @WorldBench.

I'm all for it. I'll even back some prizes, but its my hope we can turn this into something larger and blast it out on social media as something fun and perhaps a method to get some more people to reengage into the forum. I propose at least a couple (2 or 3) of you lead the charge on this so someone is responsible. I'd start by doing a little research to see what similar stuff has been done successfully in the past so we have a baseline for it. Then we'll quickly brainstorm our own version of it, design out a template people can download and develop a schedule for it. I'll design the template, but again, you guys do a little home work and post references so we can get an idea on how to improve upon the format. Once we have that we'll figure out the rules, schedule, prizes, etc and then coordinate on promoting it. 

Definitely has the potential to be something fun that can turn into something much bigger. Or can just as well fizzle out and become nothing if we can't get some real help behind it and move on things. Let me know and I'll help how I can. (tag me in a comment if you don't see me responding).

• Like 6

On 5/4/2020 at 8:56 AM, misteraven said:

I'd start by doing a little research to see what similar stuff has been done successfully in the past so we have a baseline for it. Then we'll quickly brainstorm our own version of it, design out a template people can download and develop a schedule for it. I'll design the template, but again, you guys do a little home work and post references so we can get an idea on how to improve upon the format. Once we have that we'll figure out the rules, schedule, prizes, etc and then coordinate on promoting it. 

Reposting so we can get some references going. Links to good examples of contests and hopefully attach some examples of templates and submissions. 

• Like 1

I only know of two formats for this sort of thing - tagging letters and piecing letters. I think everyone knows the Bombing Science format (posted below) which separates out each letter so viewers can clearly see the style. That said, I've been seeing the piecing style format for a few years and think it's pretty cool. A little more effort required but it could keep it interesting to mix it up from time to time - tagging style and piecing style. 

I can give some thought to contest ideas and get back to you @misteraven, even throwing in some of my personal stuff (prints, for example) as prizes. I know abstract Graffiti is not everyone's cup of tea, though. Maybe hand drawn blackbook page of the winner's name? Let me think on it. 

2e87349a0271d23c8fcb5ca492ecc6b3.jpg

332e493d9ff00ac302783051da8edb8b.jpg

• Like 7
  • Props 1