Best shit to watch on streaming services - 2020 edition!

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I just watched "The man who killed hitler and then the bigfoot" on hulu. 

Starring Sam Elliot 

Cameos Ron Livingston, Larry Miller, Rizwan Manji.

I know what I expected from this movie but it's not what I got. Turns out this movie is a character study and piece of existentialism.

@Kultsman I literally came here to post that same image

i got one ep left

liking the show. Not liking the casting for main detective character though. His body language lacks confidence and I don’t think that’s him playing the character I think he’s just like that. Every scene he is walking he’s looking at the ground. Every scene he is sitting he is slouched. When at a table his eyes are down at the table instead of on the person across from him. Same demeanor as in Mississippi Grind. I don’t think it’s him acting, just how he is. 

53 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

@Kultsman I literally came here to post that same image

i got one ep left

liking the show. Not liking the casting for main detective character though. His body language lacks confidence and I don’t think that’s him playing the character I think he’s just like that. Every scene he is walking he’s looking at the ground. Every scene he is sitting he is slouched. When at a table his eyes are down at the table instead of on the person across from him. Same demeanor as in Mississippi Grind. I don’t think it’s him acting, just how he is. 

I liked him in Killing them softly and the place beyond the pines 

21 hours ago, Kults said:

^ Anyone else tired of that show?

My favorite chr in the last season was The Mall. The child actors aged out of the roles and now its less Goonies and more Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Over it and likely won't watch this next season

I like how it turns more and more campy with every season and has basically become a joke of itself intentinally or otherwise. 

On 2/14/2020 at 7:56 PM, Kults said:

^ Anyone else tired of that show?

My favorite chr in the last season was The Mall. The child actors aged out of the roles and now its less Goonies and more Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Over it and likely won't watch this next season

I think they started grasping at straws and this is a result of making more seasons based upon popularity.  It'd be one thing if they had decided from the beginning that they had a complete story to tell.  Now they're doing the "oooh look how much money we can make" thing where they have realized the potential of the series so they will continue to squeeze it by writing more until it fizzles out.  The Walking Dead had a complete story to tell.  The seasons took a long time to tell the story.... but there wasn't much squeezing for "more" going on there that I could tell.  Season 2 & 3 of Stranger Things felt "forced" to me and I didn't like that about it.  I thought they were good but it also felt like desperation for another big payday.

The characters growing up is weird and I think that's something producers should look at before going all in on making a series.

On 2/15/2020 at 5:09 PM, mr.yuck said:

I like how it turns more and more campy with every season and has basically become a joke of itself intentionally or otherwise. 

I hope they can pull it out of the ditch with this new season.  I really do.  I think the series has a great potential.

17 minutes ago, Kults said:

That’s what I’m saying it was just an amalgam of a bunch of shit from other movies......it reminded me of the dudes back in high school that wouldn’t think of anything themselves but just quote movies 

20 minutes ago, where said:

That’s what I’m saying it was just an amalgam of a bunch of shit from other movies......it reminded me of the dudes back in high school that wouldn’t think of anything themselves but just quote movies 

had a coworker going on n on about how fresh and original the show was... she's in her thirties. imagine your pop culture knowledge being that shallow that you think ST was original

shame. she missed out on all the source material which is 100x better than the pastiche 

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

I just finished watching Once Upon a Time in Hollywood on Prime.  I had to buy/rent it, but it was a really good movie that I think y'all would like a lot too.

Once_Upon_a_Time_in_Hollywood_poster.png

his best in the last 2 decades imo

Archived