3 Indiana Judges Suspended After White Castle Brawl That Left 2 Of Them Wounded

Fist 666

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, Dirty_habiT said:

That is nuts.  I find it truly appalling.  While I can see the "judges are people too" side of things, I think the side that NEEDS to take precedence in all forms of being a civil servant is that you have a duty to uphold and you must set a good example.  Of course, that's just my opinion which can be easily dismissed as my opinion if you don't agree with it, or not dismissed if you like it.  I think opinions suck in that regard but that's also an opinion.

Anyway, these fucks deserve what they get.  I think they need to be punished to a higher degree much like if you do stupid shit in the military you're punished differently than a civilian would be.  I would think the "best" way to try these kinds of cases, and cases where cops do something they shouldn't, is to have some outside help.  As in, don't bring in the people that the cop works with to help testify, or have the judge that likes this department judge the case.... or the lawyer that is the cop's wife's brother try the case.

It would just suck to see any of these misbehaving fuckos get away with just a slap on the wrist.

I agree that cops should be treated differently as should politicians and possibly judges. They are in positions of power, they’ve often pledged/taken an oath for their role and society needs to have trust in them for the system to work. 

maybe they should be paid more as well, I don’t know. But we definitely should expect more from the than the ordinary citizen. 

• Like 2

@Hua Guofang- I am not sure what the police are paid on average over there in Australia.  I **think what they're getting paid here is "above average".  Shit, nevermind, I just looked it up and if what I found on duckduckgo is accurate, the average officer salary in Austin is between 51-59k/yr.  I would hope that detectives or captains are making somewhere close to double or triple that.  I would expect a judge to be in the six figure range as well, but who knows.

Oh yeah, just looked that up.  Judges in Texas are paid, on average, VERY handsomely.  $150-180k.  Yep, for that amount of money you better not be doing any kind of any stupid anything.  Also, where would you draw the line?  What types of jobs would need to be punished in a different way than a citizen would be if the employee is caught doing less than savory acts.  Should these type of people be "more than a citizen", and if so.... what would they be?  Is taking an oath of office a good measure of who should or shouldn't be punished that way?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Can we just talk about the judges fucking off again?  I'm begging at this point.  I don't want to hear about your "normal amount" of anal sex poop.... or dudes asses getting violated w/ kitchen gloves or whatever else is going on....

I’m fkn crying over here 😂

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

There was no mention whatsoever of fisting  Man ass. If that's where your mind goes with it, you may want to consider speaking to a therapist at this stage in your life.  

People take oaths all the time and as far as I can tell it means very little to a good percentage of them. Every war crime committed by the U.S. was committed by someone who swore not to do those things... If an oath can't prevent the most heinous of civil violations, why would it stop the minor ones?

• Props 1
  • LOL! 1

Still think this one takes the cake for outright poor Judicial conduct.

Pennsylvania Judge Gets 'Life Sentence' For Prison Kickback Scheme

Former Luzerne County (Pennsylvania) Judge Mark Ciavarella has been spending his time doing odd jobs for a car towing service while awaiting sentencing since being found guilty on felony corruption charges.  His car towing days are over, and the 61-year-old judge is heading to federal prison for 28 years -- this could amount to a life sentence.

His sentence brings to closure a dark time in the history of the city of Wilkes-Barre, PA, which is in Luzerne County.  He was found guilty in February of racketeering for taking a $1 million kickback from the builder of for-profit prisons for juveniles.  Ciavarella who left the bench over two years ago after he and another judge, Michael Conahan, were accused of sentencing youngsters to prisons they had a hand in building.  Prosecutors alleged that Conahan, who pleaded guilty last year and is awaiting sentencing, and Ciavarella received kick-backs from the private company that built and maintained the new youth detention facility that replaced the older county-run center.

Ciavarella, who presided over juvenile court, sent kids to juvenile detention for crimes such as possession of drug paraphernalia, stealing a jar of nutmeg and posting web page spoofs about an assistant principal (3 months of hard time).  Some of those sentenced were as young as 10 years old.  A mother of one of those sentenced by judge Caivarella lashed out at him after the guilty verdict.  Sandy Fonzo's son, Edward, was a promising young athlete in high school when at the age of 17 he found himself in front of judge Caivarella for possession of drug paraphernalia.  With no prior convictions, the judge sentenced Edward to months in private prisons and a wilderness camp...he missed his entire senior year in high school.  Edward never recovered from the experience according to his mother and in June 2010 he took his own life at the age of 23.

Ciavarella acknowledged in a recent interview with a Wilkes-Barre investigative reporter (Joe Holden of WBRE) that he made mistakes relating to not filing accurate tax returns but that he never sentenced a child to prison when it was not warranted.  Ciavarella, who testified in his own defense at trial, said as much to the jury....and the jury did not buy it.

Ciavarella is married and has three grown children, additional victims of his crimes.  However, I feel for the victims whose lives were forever changed by the misguided sentences handed out by judge Ciavarella. This is a sad day for the justice system but it is refreshing to see the right person going to jail this time.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/walterpavlo/2011/08/12/pennsylvania-judge-gets-life-sentence-for-prison-kickback-scheme/#122f43a54aef

• Like 2

I remember kids doing that in high school..... but I think they were trying to smoke nutmeg or something.  I dunno.  I need to read up on erowid.org if it's still around.

edit: it is..... careful about clicking the link.... i'm using a VPN so I'm probably not "ending up on some list" by looking at the page, but I don't know who controls it or if it's safe so click at your own risk/discretion.

https://www.erowid.org/plants/nutmeg/

verdict is.... nutmeg sucks to get high off of and is mostly used by underage kids and prisoners who have trouble getting ahold of illegal substances.

• Like 1