3 Indiana Judges Suspended After White Castle Brawl That Left 2 Of Them Wounded

Fist 666

On 11/16/2019 at 1:33 AM, Fist 666 said:

Once you're able to recognize that a "racial" comment is not inherently a "racist" comment, then we can continue that piece of conversation. Discussing race is not racist, pointing out race is not inherently racist. 

Re: privilege

I agree but you're creating a straw-man here to argue against. Nobody is claiming it's racist simply because it's racial, or mentions race.

Using "white privilege" in this context is racist because it's used as an insult, and intended to dismiss a person's position during a debate based on a stereotype.

Attacking someone' person, and individual tendencies ad hominem is a little less frowned upon, but bad form in formal conversation and debate, but attacking/dismissing their entire race in this way is not a good look.

Edited by Mercer
  • Props 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
4 hours ago, Fist 666 said:

You can't simultaneously dismiss experts and make an appeal to authority/association.  

And don't worry, no one would accuse of coming off as smart. 

Says the guy who just regurgitates whatever he hears in the MSM, thats rich 🙂

• Truth 1

The two of you collectively have the communication skills of 14 year old trolls. Every single thread gets derailed by memes or tangents of nonsense. Mercer and Raven had differing opinions on shit all the time, but they handled themselves as adults. These News threads have largely gone down the drain in spectacular fashion. 

• Trash 1
  • Truth 2

4 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

The two of you collectively have the communication skills of 14 year old trolls. Every single thread gets derailed by memes or tangents of nonsense. Mercer and Raven had differing opinions on shit all the time, but they handled themselves as adults. These News threads have largely gone down the drain in spectacular fashion. 

Be the change you want to see? Or STFU with your whining already.

You started a thread a few hours ago with an image. Pot calling the kettle blk much? Now that youve been humiliated repeatedly were supposed to put the kiddy gloves on and be nice to you? Now you decide to play the victim like you had no hand in derailing anything, every time I left you alone you managed to mention me in some other thread I had fuck all to do with. What happened to having me on ignore? Miss me too much? 

You made your bed, now lay in it.

• Truth 1

I think you just don't like it when people don't circle jerk with you.  Mercer and Raven are friends.  I'm not sure why you're even bringing them up at all.

What else would you like to talk about in regards to the people that decided flipping someone off in public was a good idea getting rekt?

Also, there isn't a derailment on "every single thread" as you like to exaggerate is happening.  There are MANY threads.... in fact the majority of them, that I haven't even looked at..... and wouldn't respond to even if I had.  Also, if you notice, I haven't abused any "power" I may be perceived to have here.  I haven't silenced anyone for doing anything I didn't like, I haven't moderated your conversation. In fact, I think this is a little tamer than what the moderation team used to do..... I'm pretty sure banning folks was a regular thing, although I'm not clear on how that process worked out.  It may have been a vote that happened in the moderator rooms, who knows.

So, let's talk about what you want to talk about.  You just lay there on the couch and tell us about your news problems..... and if you want discussion, make it actually about discussion rather than starting new threads with a meme picture when we already have plenty of meme threads.  My guess is you didn't want to post in the political meme thread because it's full of memes right now that you don't align with.  You can't just sit on the bench because you're mad and don't like the other team for stealing your girlfriend.  Be a good sport and man the fuck up..... or whine I guess.

• Props 1

I found out ignoring you only hides your posts, but still shows when you post, so it was basically pointless. If i could outright block you and never see your name again i’d happily do so bub @Kults

What i want to see is you two attempting to handle yourself to some degree of maturity. I’ve almost never been able to have a civil conversation with you, unlike Mercer and Raven, who were almost always civil. I’m no saint (pun intended,) but you two are another level. 

I dont care about anyone agreeing with me @Dirty_habiTi dont need to receive  or hand out props, likes and truths on every post to feel validated. 

A couple months ago it was largely Mercer, Raven, Kults, and myself talking in here. I was almost always on my own in the discussions, hence why they were mentioned. Fist and Hua were around but didnt seem as active as they have been the past few weeks. 

Back to stories about judges and fighting..

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/florida-judge-john-c-murphy-fired-appalling-behavior-n482626

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • LOL! 1

1 minute ago, abrasivesaint said:

For the record, @Dirty_habiTthat thread was no started with a meme. It was a screenshot of a deadline from everyone’s favorite news source. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/11/18/joe-biden-marijuana-gateway-drug-legalization/

Would you like me to unlock it? You can continue that discussion in there if you'd like

6 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

That is nuts.  I find it truly appalling.  While I can see the "judges are people too" side of things, I think the side that NEEDS to take precedence in all forms of being a civil servant is that you have a duty to uphold and you must set a good example.  Of course, that's just my opinion which can be easily dismissed as my opinion if you don't agree with it, or not dismissed if you like it.  I think opinions suck in that regard but that's also an opinion.

Anyway, these fucks deserve what they get.  I think they need to be punished to a higher degree much like if you do stupid shit in the military you're punished differently than a civilian would be.  I would think the "best" way to try these kinds of cases, and cases where cops do something they shouldn't, is to have some outside help.  As in, don't bring in the people that the cop works with to help testify, or have the judge that likes this department judge the case.... or the lawyer that is the cop's wife's brother try the case.

It would just suck to see any of these misbehaving fuckos get away with just a slap on the wrist.

• Like 1