3 Indiana Judges Suspended After White Castle Brawl That Left 2 Of Them Wounded

Fist 666

Gold. Pure gold.

Back in May, three Indiana judges got into a fight. It was the crescendo of an incident brimming with colorful details: a gaggle of judges drinking the night before a judicial conference, a failed attempt to visit a strip club called the Red Garter, a brawl in the parking lot of an Indianapolis White Castle.

The altercation apparently started sometime after 3 a.m., when one of the judges, Sabrina Bell, raised a middle finger at two men yelling from a passing SUV, and ended after one of those men shot two of the judges.

In between, the three judges took a number of actions that "discredited the entire Indiana judiciary," according to an opinion posted by the Indiana Supreme Court this week, suspending the judges.

The court found that the three — Andrew Adams, Bradley Jacobs and Sabrina Bell — had "engaged in judicial misconduct by appearing in public in an intoxicated state and behaving in an injudicious manner and by becoming involved in a verbal altercation." Adams and Jacobs engaged in further judicial misconduct "by becoming involved in a physical altercation for which Judge Adams was criminally charged and convicted."

The document lays out the events as soberly as possible, but the details remain spicy:

"While in town to attend a statewide educational conference for judicial
officers, 10 hours before the program convened, Respondents walked the
streets of downtown Indianapolis in a heavily intoxicated state. When
Judge Bell extended her middle finger to a passing vehicle, neither Judge
Adams nor Judge Jacobs discouraged the provocation or removed
themselves from the situation."

The three had ended up at a White Castle after trying to go to a strip club at 3 a.m. and finding it closed. A fourth judge went into the White Castle, while Bell, Adams and Jacobs stood outside.

Two men in the passing vehicle, Alfredo Vazquez and Brandon Kaiser, parked their car after the gesture from Bell.

Bell and Vasquez traded further insults. A physical altercation ensued among the four men, with Adams and Vasquez allegedly hitting and kicking each other as Jacobs and Kaiser wrestled on the ground. Kaiser then allegedly pulled a gun and shot Adams once in the stomach and Jacobs twice in the chest.

Adams and Jacobs were both seriously wounded and required emergency surgeries; Jacobs was hospitalized for two weeks.

Bell tried to stop the fighting by pounding on the door of White Castle for help and calling 911 once shots were fired.

While at the scene, Bell was recorded on video telling police detectives something akin to "I feel like this is all my fault," though the opinion notes that Bell "was intoxicated enough that she lacks any memory of the incident."

Kaiser, who allegedly shot Adams and Jacobs, has been charged with 14 crimes related to the brawl, including four charges of felony aggravated battery, according to The Indianapolis Star.

The court suspended both Jacobs and Bell for 30 days without pay. Adams, who pleaded guilty in September to one count of misdemeanor battery, is suspended for 60 days without pay. He was sentenced to 365 days in jail but was required to serve only two.

In the White Castle incident, the court said, the three judges "gravely undermined public trust in the dignity and decency of Indiana's judiciary."

The court says its penalties are designed "not primarily to punish a judge, but rather to preserve the integrity of and public confidence in the judicial system" and, when necessary, to remove those who are unfit.

• LOL! 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Well, either that or you could be oblivious to numerous high-profile cases in your own country and just have a hard on for me!

New Jersey judge spared teen rape suspect because he came from 'good family'

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/n-j-judge-spared-teen-rape-suspect-because-he-came-n1026111

Judge who gave Stanford rapist Brock Turner lenient sentence in sexual assault case is ousted from job by voters

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/united-states-canada/article/2149614/judge-aaron-persky-who-gave-brock-turner-lenient

I think many of us here would be happy if you just kept the USA out of your mouth @Hua Guofang.

Not only did you not learn "two wrongs don't make a right."  But you also didn't learn "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything."

NOBODY can be "right" around you.  If you haven't noticed (just check the views vs replies).  There are many people that have shut up on these topics.  Those high view counts are not you just hitting reload on the page, they're actually people reading this shit and being like.... welp fuck that, you can't argue with someone that's never wrong.

What's it like at the top?  Lonely?

• Like 1

Let's not sidestep the issue at hand here.  You said some racist shit.  You don't care if you say racist shit.  That's something a racist does.  It takes either super thick skin to not care or just an incredible amount of ignorance.

So, I wonder if you'd man up and just come out and say you're a racist, or if you'd just dance all around it acting like you're not a care bear when it comes to what I say.  You obviously care because you responded.

Ooop, here comes Hua, everyone shut up and listen to the wisdom that is fixin to be pasted.

114.png

• Props 1

Oh, I didn't realize that you guys were that color of stupid in here.  I got it, there's nothing to say if you believe in "privilege".  You've been indoctrinated by the left.

I don't see why it's so difficult for you guys to see that what @Hua Guofangsaid is racist.  So you guys are rallying around someone who said something that was obviously racist.  Sounds familiar to democrat activities of the past.

You guys are clowns.  Dunning, Kruger, and Bozo.

• Props 1

2 hours ago, Fist 666 said:

Calling out white privilege is not racism

While I don't think@Hua Guofangis racist, or @Dirty_habiTis genuinely hurt/offended, calling out "white privilege" is 100% racist. Why would his point be less valid based on his race? If his point is invalid explain why, this ad hominem shortcut is invalid. Nothing against @Hua Guofangbecause again, I don't think he intended to take the conversation here, it's generally socially acceptable to be racist against white people for some reason, but that doesn't make it right.

Anything that is deemed unacceptable/acceptable to say about one race, and not another is a blatant double standard.  If we're talking how one race has a tendency to do ___________, like in the case of statistics showing white people have privilege, we're OK (obviously depending on how it's presented). To use "white privilege" in the context of a debate, to diminish the position a white person may be taking in that debate is a substandard move, and in my opinion has no place in this section of the forum.

Some people think white people are so superior to all other races in every way, they'll excuse this type of racism on the grounds they think it doesn't matter anyway, being white is so far superior that you should not get upset at these racist acts. These people are known as "progressives", and they founded American racism. They're the people that fought against freeing slaves in the U.S., built internment camps for Japanese during WWII, founded the KKK, and were responsible for the current government dysgenics program known as the modern welfare state which is responsible for a tremendous amount of inequity between races. LBJ is on tape describing it as such using racist language.

This double standard, and it's assumption/underlying belief that white people are so superior they need no coddling/protections like other races is in fact racist, and a harmful belief. People should always be judged on merit, and dismissing an opposing point of view based on the proponent's race is alway's 100% wrong. I'm not saying white people aren't in fact privileged in many aspects generally speaking. I'm pointing out how this casual racism points to an underlying racist viewpoint, it may be socially acceptable, but this type of racist behavior is harmful. Trust me, as a minority myself I genuinely find it offensive, even though I know the people engaging in this type of behavior don't intend to be racist.

You wouldn't use this same logic to say (insert non-white race) are uneducated, so your opponent's position must be uneducated, and therefore invalid, so why do it to white people? This seemingly minor step of applying a stereotype to an individual to dismiss their opinion is poor sportsmanship. I've noticed we're all, (including myself) starting to slip into unproductive, unsportsman like conversations, and debates. I've decided to take a step back, look at what I'm typing (sometimes I don't like what I see) and be a little more civil in here because I genuinely enjoy debating, we should all consider this. We should all be trying to use less ad hominem, and more facts to get our points across.

• Props 2

Also, I find it dope nobody is commenting on how fucked it is these judges got into a brawl. The double standard of believing people in government are somehow infallible, and should be allowed to make all decisions for an otherwise inferior public is fading away. If people can't be trusted to govern their own actions, why would you put people in a position to govern over actions of countless others. After all, humans are not, and cannot be perfect. This is the perfect example.

• Like 1

Whatever you have to tell yourself to make yourself feel better is ok with me.  When you offer "campaign support" to jugaloons then it's a "birds of a feather" type deal.  You have a red nose and big floppy shoes for not realizing that.  Crusade through with your shield up on the defense though if you like..... nobody is here to stop you from doing that.

So which one are you btw, because I didn't say your name?  Are you Kruger or Bozo?  We know who Dunning is.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mercer said:

Also, I find it dope nobody is commenting on how fucked it is these judges got into a brawl. The double standard of believing people in government are somehow infallible, and should be allowed to make all decisions for an otherwise inferior public is fading away. If people can't be trusted to govern their own actions, why would you put people in a position to govern over actions of countless others. After all, humans are not, and cannot be perfect. This is the perfect example.

We agree people that people are generally shitty. 

Representatives go through any number of hoops to become reps, they remain human, but they have been selected in some capacity by their communal peers. Yes elections are flawed; partisanship and indifference ruin the representative nature of their posts. But I disagree that abolishing government and allowing people that want power, to seek power and find it wherever they can without government to challenge or balance them is as equally fallible. While I despise the state of our current plutocracy, I don't see anything but plutocrats making power/resource grabs and winding back up in an more sorely unchecked oligarchy without representation of the vast majority. 

On 11/16/2019 at 10:11 AM, abrasivesaint said:

Surprised it took that ling for someone to say it, haha. Figured @Dirty_habiTwas gonna be losing his shit over that point. 

I do shit besides hang out on the internet with all my free time.  You should try it out.  I just max when I'm here because I can type a lot faster than most people.

• Props 1

18 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

Still, fortunately not as bad as the shit we do to asylum seekers in Australia.

We are class A cunts on that front.

Well, since you call good people "good cunts" and bad people "bad cunts"..... being a class A cunt doesn't mean much of anything.

By the way saying something "racial" would be like ..... "many people that are white enjoy making hamburgers and then eating them." 

When you talk about fake ass white privilege then you just sound like a racist idiot that thinks you're a lot smarter than you really are.

Which one of these people in the demographic measured in this video are you most like @Hua Guofang.... ya cunt?

• Props 1