Cryptocurrency

CLICKCLACKONER

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
6 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

I’ve been locked out of my coin base acct for too damn long

need to add that to the to do list for this sat

Especially if you have funds on there.

BTC broke resistance and established new support level at 9,800. ETH based alts are up heavy, really heavy. Whole market is up 4.82% in the past 24 hours. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Yea I’ve got a few ETH, LTC and a bunch of shit coins (TRON etc)

TRON isn’t on coinbase so if you own that it’s on a deferent wallet, but that coin had a 250% pump and dump following the BTC crash in March and it would have been a good time to leverage into less shitty alts. Some shit coins do pump tho.

96CDE27B-C750-4950-8AFC-DA5891A42B20.jpeg

YEAH but like what is your portfolio even looking like, crypto mans?! And you gotta get down on my level with all that crazy talk I don't understand and fucking tell me what to buy if anything...I've also heard nothing about the fees being high on index stocks but that they just make the most sense because you aren't locked on any one thing. Which sounds like a catch all of opportunity to me. Wondering if I need to go read the most recent crypto threads and download all that shit @Mercerwas talking about. Is that shit even still on the table? How much of the entrepreneurship within "the space" is on going and where is the current best place to have a wallet or whatever that isn't coinbase??

1 hour ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

YEAH but like what is your portfolio even looking like, crypto mans?! And you gotta get down on my level with all that crazy talk I don't understand and fucking tell me what to buy if anything...I've also heard nothing about the fees being high on index stocks but that they just make the most sense because you aren't locked on any one thing. Which sounds like a catch all of opportunity to me. Wondering if I need to go read the most recent crypto threads and download all that shit @Mercerwas talking about. Is that shit even still on the table? How much of the entrepreneurship within "the space" is on going and where is the current best place to have a wallet or whatever that isn't coinbase??

Bruh this shit is a myriad of nuances so it’s hard to describe without explaining some terminology. BTC is the most sure thing. I don’t know a ton about index funds but the fees are around 1-4% annually depending how it’s managed and the best managed ones like the s&p have returns of around 7%, so they have a modest return and are pretty stable long term. ETFs are basically the same funds traded on the NYSE with way more volatility, flat commission no annual fees.  One really cool type of ETF is VIX which you can decide to make short sales and the price of the asset goes up when the price of the index goes down.

My portfolio is diverse but I’m leaning heavily on alt coins. That is where I feel mom and pop entrepreneurship is still a thing. I would definitely do some investigation yourself. As far as wallets, coinbase is the safest and easiest, the only time I really fuck with Electrum which is a software wallet is when there was a fork and I needed the private keys but that doesn’t happen a lot with a ton of relevancy these days. One reason to stick with coinbase is they started DeFi, decentralized finance, services where you can lend crypto through their exchange to a 3rd party and you charge them interest. 

I have fun with this shit, I think eventually each btc could be a million, but that could be after mad crashes and dollar inflation. It’s hard to tell.

Crazy shite happened this morning 226m liquidated in 10 minutes. Hold on to your butts.

7F66503C-3445-4250-9733-CA53CC4616DC.jpeg.f5973939fcb9a48daa88b6ac0b267984.jpeg

Subplot Iran achieves super drip prestige off this shit cause the whole country just went all in on this dip. 

Strong support at 8,000, one reason for the sell off was big banks traded btc for gold to stop the bleeding in the shiny shit.

Crypto nerds....Crypto nerd on the phone or on the computer? Preferred buying hodling platforms? I have spoken with where irl but I'd like to get some other opinions. Could I just go scroll through the other crypto threads and go from there? Sure. But this shit, like covid, changes every fucking day it seems and I'm watching the numbers jump around like beans on a trampoline. Must. get. in.  (I have a few dollars in coinable from like 3/4 years ago I've never touched.)

On 5/14/2020 at 12:13 AM, Mercer said:

Coinbase Pro, don't buy at market value, buy limit. Profit.

553005053_ScreenShot2020-05-13at10_12_13PM.thumb.png.f490a99c2979210e57fb744840fb6824.pnguse limit. 

Valid but using buy limit could get crypto noobs rekt rn if they don’t understand the price cycles and it corrects. Not everyone has the stomach to hodl. I like stop buy for a similar reason but the price of the asset is going up instead of down. 

5 hours ago, where said:

Valid but using buy limit could get crypto noobs rekt rn if they don’t understand the price cycles and it corrects. Not everyone has the stomach to hodl. I like stop buy for a similar reason but the price of the asset is going up instead of down. 

How would a limit buy get a "noob rekt" vs a market, or stop buy?

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

How would a limit buy get a "noob rekt" vs a market, or stop buy?

Because if they have a limit buy and the price corrects they could end up down 10% in a few hours, even more under circumstances like a hack, IRS policy, or a huge CME sell off. When you do a limit buy the price has gone down to your target right? And when you do a stop buy it has risen to your target price right? Thats all I'm saying, its a difference in philosophy.

It's not a "different buying philosophy" you're just trying to flex like you're a crypto whale which is laughable considering other economic theories you've presented in the past. For a relatively small buy of under 5 figures It makes no difference if you buy using a market, limit, or stop order if you're scared of losing 10% in a couple of hours. That's what crypto does, it goes up and down in value and it takes wisdom/logic/ and balls to hold onto it knowing the risks. On top of that, the fees associated with market buys (and stops) are much larger on exchanges by comparison to limit orders. So you will for sure lose money from the jump not using limit orders, because you'' be by paying much higher fees that are 100% unnecessary, and serve no real advantage for small buys. 

In crypto (as opposed to other types of commodity exchanges) the only significant advantage for a stop order is that your order is hidden on the exchange, and nobody else can see it/take advantage of it by adjusting their strategy. If you're ever lucky enough to join the big boys & girls club you'll understand why hiding that order is extremely advantageous, but only in the right situations and I don't even pretend to be on that level myself. Even though I hold quite a bit I never fuck with market buys, or stops. I have enough confidence to set my own price and stick to it. I'd never recommend someone who's in less than 5 figures to use a stop to buy, or even sell for that matter unless they're in on some inside trader knowledge. There's no point to it, guaranteed to lose money on fees, more of a risk, and a less than a 5% chance of getting lucky.

FYI it's an even more dangerous, and a super common "noob" mistake to hold your crypto on an exchange with a stop order to sell if the price drops. Again, unless you're on some advanced, big money shit. I was there for the flash crash of June 2017 where all the people who thought they were geniuses by using stops to sell if the price goes down lost 99% of their money on Coinbase Pro (which used to be called GDAX back then). In a few seconds ETH went from $319 to 10 cents, so if you set a stop order to sell if the price dips below $250 or something to protect yourself, your ETH basically gets sold at market once that line is crossed, and market can, and does dip hard but because there are a lot of fools. Every fool on the exchange basically dumps all at once, and people lose just about everything they have. 

Back to the point, doing a stop order at the small buy level is retarded, and guaranteed to lose money because again, it's basically a market buy that gets triggered, so you have to pay much higher fee's associated with market buys from the jump so you're guaranteed to lose that fee money. Just set your own price, be patient, and profit and don't try to play like you're Warren Buffet. It's irresponsible to suggest using a stop to someone like NOES, who's actually being honest (unlike some people in here) about not knowing a whole bunch about crypto.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2020 at 6:16 PM, Mercer said:

@KILZ FILLZbrave browser blocks all Javascript by default. You have to click the brave browser logo right next to the address bar to allow it. Most websites like that won't work in the fully safe/blocked javascript mode. I use brave on Coinbase all the time.

1711784055_ScreenShot2020-05-16at7_14_18PM.png.cf003e8f9f4bb2e0b9f564d9ec6d30a3.png

It's that grayed out lion face after "what-... |"

If the face is in color you're blocking scripts on the site, if it's gray, you're allowing them.

Moving quote to this thread as to not bog down the accomplishment thread

so thanks for the info, this the same on mobile? I was getting a pop up for browser incompatibility at the point of ID picture and selfie for identity verif. Probably is, unfamiliar with what exactly JavaScript affects

but man, these suckers are yanking me around. They send me an email saying my identity verification is complete, and I can now log back into my acct 

but when I do, it just sends me in the same fuckin loop of asking for google Auth, which was on a phone I no longer have. 

go to r/CoinBase and see this is a prevalent issue. Google CoinBase lost Authenticator phone and see it’s a prevalent issue. 

any experience from you or anyone you know on how to get in contact with their support? I haven’t received any response to the emails I’ve been sending them the whole time I’ve been trying to unfuck this debacle. 

also- is CoinBase still the one to roll with? Or when I get access to my shit should I just move the coins to another service? There a better one out there? 

• Props 1

@KILZ FILLZall crypto nerds have said coinable is the og to stick with. I got in after a couple days of fuckery. The customer support is terrible. Tried to buy. Now that's become a new issue im currently waiting on a response about. I watched the numbers toggle around a shit load in the last week. Im assuming this has something to do with the halving thing.  

Just now, KILZ FILLZ said:

I mean, I guess if nothing else they are proving to me how hard it would be for someone to hijack my acct 😝 @NightmareOnElmStreet

My thoughts also. I think I just found out it's easier to operate from a laptop. I kept running into the same 2 factor authentication over and over trying to sign in on my phone via the proton mail I had set up when I first got it and it just wouldn't work. Tried on laptop and it went smooth. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Merged BTC HALVING convo with existing thread

Good call it was about the halving event which was fun and props for archiving that content in this thread it would have gone by the wayside, I was definitely getting my lolz from @Mercer coming thru like uncle crypto.