U.S. Marines give golden shower to dead Taliban soldiers

CALIgula

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're quite fired up by this aren't you.

Fired up that I wasted my time reading that crap, but that's my own fault.

I posted newspaper articles to support my opinion and let who ever could be bothered to read it to come to their own conclusions.

Come to their own conclusions is just like saying 'use their imagination'. If you're going to make a claim, as you did and then make an argument to back that claim you've got to have more than vague suggestions that something might have happened if you use your imagination. Otherwise you're going to look easily led and gullible. Simply not believing the official line is not enough to make you not gullible.

and by the way, 'make an argument' doesn't mean 'have an argument'. Your argument is your position on a particular matter, welcome to big boy talk.

I'm not really into forcing across my views like you seem to be suggesting.

Show me where I suggested that you were forcing anything on anyone.

In the video I posted of her interview @ 6.07 she clearly says Omar Sheikh murdered Osama Bin Laden. Again I found this interesting and thought it was relevant. Unfortunately for you it's not a black and white clear cut answer to anything which is what I think you are expecting. I also agree with you and accept that it may have been a slip of the tongue and taken out of context.

I get the impression you were expecting some mind blowing revelations.

Well I was certainly expecting something that was more than an obvious mis-speak. I mean even the slightest knowledge of recent Pakistani events was enough to know that this whole section of your argument was redundant.

I never claimed to have all the answers,

No, but you definitely claimed to have this one: Bin Laden died a decade ago of kidney failure and the bullshit faux news broadcast to the public was that his body was dumped at sea. Now that you're being called on it you don't like it.

I'm not a pro researcher and I was providing proof for my opinion.

No, you didn't provide proof, you provided what you believed to be evidence. I'm saying that the evidence you provided is extremely weak and you should probably give your argument a lot more thought before you go correcting others.

I'm assuming by the tone, aggressiveness and authority that you are yourself a soldier? You feel like I've committed some sort of thought crime? You've clearly gone out of your way to make an example of me.

Thought crime?! WTF are you even talking about?! Dude, you publicly corrected some one, made a call and got all out of joint when you were pulled up on it.

You didn't say anywhere what you actually think

I don't have to, we're talking about what you think here, you're the one that made a call, not me.

you just saw my post as garbage that you disagreed with. I assumed by your utter dislike of my post you are a believer in all things official.

Probably a good idea that you stop assuming things then.

So seeing you made a point of it I'll ask you, how do you think OBL died? Remember to use your triple threat of historical knowledge, critical thinking and logic.

I have no fucking idea of how and when OBL died. It's obviously a super complex issue with lots of powerful players who all have a very strong interest in promoting their version of events and there's no way I'm going to be able to form a credible opinion on something so complex by reading stuff posted on the internet.

My grandfather had a farm in Vermont for the longest, and although he didn't make syrup there he always hooked it up with jugs of the most legit syrup I've ever had when he came to visit.

I am pretty sure that up until his death my parents secretly never forgave him for selling that place and moving into a condo ha

TEAMMAPLESYRUP

even when they killed bin laden, they made sure to give him a respectful islamic burial ritual.

Why did they parade Saddam's capture and execution around like a Hollywood blockbuster? Why wasnt he afforded the same respect? Both war lords guilty of heinous crimes against humanity.

I dont believe last year's Bin Laden story... but thats another story.

A lot of Afghanistan is tribal. Westernised democracy is such a far cry for their people. Why are the USA (and friends) even still there? Is this war still a democracy thing or is it about the poppy farmers and heroin trade?

That said…

My sincere hope is that there is professional and effective psychological help for all soldiers that will eventually come home.

Why did they parade Saddam's capture and execution around like a Hollywood blockbuster? Why wasnt he afforded the same respect? Both war lords guilty of heinous crimes against humanity.

I dont believe last year's Bin Laden story... but thats another story.

A lot of Afghanistan is tribal. Westernised democracy is such a far cry for their people. Why are the USA (and friends) even still there? Is this war still a democracy thing or is it about the poppy farmers and heroin trade?

That said…

My sincere hope is that there is professional and effective psychological help for all soldiers that will eventually come home.

One was a head of state, the other was an international criminal wanted dead by most states in the world. Secondly, these two incidents occurred under different administrations and that also makes a difference in how some things are handled. Also, the footage of Saddam was filmed on a phone and distributed unofficially. Of course that may well have been unofficial policy so the Iraqi people could be sure(er) that he wasn't coming back, good chance that is the case but not much chance that we'll ever be able to confirm that.

The US only really has a core interest of making sure that jihadists don't use Afghan territory to launch attacks on US interests. After that it would be nice to leave a certain balance in the region that keeps Iran off balance, allows India to balance against China but keeps the option open for balancing against India should they find themselves able to independently dictate regional security.

I'm not saying that's what I do or do not support, I'm just saying that's more than likely what the play will be in regards to Afghanistan. You can see this already taking shape with people in the US state saying that the Taliban are not the enemy, allowing an office in Qatar (or was it Dubai, can't recall off top of head) and positioning for negotiations.

Agree about the soldiers. I saw a pretty sad piece on TV the other day that said ex-servicemen in the US are massively over-represented in the number of the homeless and of course afro-Americans are over-represented within that sub-group as well. I'd like to think that times have changed since post-Vietnam however I'm not overly confident.

I have no fucking idea of how and when OBL died. It's obviously a super complex issue with lots of powerful players who all have a very strong interest in promoting their version of events and there's no way I'm going to be able to form a credible opinion on something so complex by reading stuff posted on the internet.

That's right you have no idea. If you did you would realise that he did have kidney issues and that someone that needs dialysis couldn't exactly be hiding in caves.

Come to their own conclusions is just like saying 'use their imagination'. If you're going to make a claim, as you did and then make an argument to back that claim you've got to have more than vague suggestions that something might have happened if you use your imagination. Otherwise you're going to look easily led and gullible. Simply not believing the official line is not enough to make you not gullible.

and by the way, 'make an argument' doesn't mean 'have an argument'. Your argument is your position on a particular matter, welcome to big boy talk.

It's your opinion, and you're getting to particular. You keep harping on about making a claim and backing it up. If you care so much delve into it, look into it yourself. At least I had the guts to state what I think. I don't think it is vague to assert he had kidney issues and died from them and anyone that knows how to use the internet can check this for themselves. It is widely documented that he had kidney disease and needed regular treatment. Coming to ones conclusions is using ones imagination because you need one to think. You really got programmed good in the military didn't you.

Show me where I suggested that you were forcing anything on anyone.

It's just your tone you just scream ex military.

No, but you definitely claimed to have this one: Bin Laden died a decade ago of kidney failure and the bullshit faux news broadcast to the public was that his body was dumped at sea. Now that you're being called on it you don't like it.

Being called on it, I'm not the only one with this opinion. You just followed the pack mentality on this thread that I must be some sort of crazy tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist. Funny that you're 'calling' me on an issue you admittedly have no idea about yourself.

No, you didn't provide proof, you provided what you believed to be evidence. I'm saying that the evidence you provided is extremely weak and you should probably give your argument a lot more thought before you go correcting others.

That's your opinion, I think if I had Obama telling the nation he died a decade ago on video you still wouldn't be happy. Going by that logic shouldn't you explain what you think happened before you go correcting others, your only opinion is that you haven't got one.

My guess is that you're an ex soldier turned business manager/suit wearer of some sort probably in your mid to late 30's that gets too pissed to be bothered to go out for a write.

You still hang out with your (ex)army buddies and are therefore subject to their mainstream views. Seeing as though you were in the forces you feel like you have some deeper knowledge on world issues. If you want to be a real big boy at least state your position before you go on criticizing others otherwise you just look like a bitch.

The US only really has a core interest of making sure that jihadists don't use Afghan territory to launch attacks on US interests. After that it would be nice to leave a certain balance in the region that keeps Iran off balance, allows India to balance against China but keeps the option open for balancing against India should they find themselves able to independently dictate regional security.

Are you familiar with Zbigniew Brzezinski? He was United States National Security Advisor to President Jimmy Carter from 1977 to 1981 and co-founded the Trilateral Commission with David Rockefeller.

How America 'manages' Eurasia is critical. A power that dominates Eurasia would control two of the world's three most advanced and economically productive regions. A mere glance at the map also suggests that control over Eurasia would almost automatically entail Africa's subordination' date=' rendering the Western Hemisphere and Oceania geopolitically peripheral to the world's central continent. About 75 per cent of the world's people live in Eurasia, and most of the world's physical wealth is there as well, both in its enterprises and underneath its soil. Eurasia accounts for about three-fourths of the world's known energy resources." (p.31)[/quote']

For America, the chief geopolitical prize is Eurasia... Now a non-Eurasian power is preeminent in Eurasia - and America's global primacy is directly dependent on how long and how effectively its preponderance on the Eurasian continent is sustained." (p.30)

Why did they parade Saddam's capture and execution around like a Hollywood blockbuster?

Good observation.

Because they need boogeymen to perpetuate wars with no enemies. I'll probably get flamed for this to but there have been reports that Saddam had many doubles and it was his double that was hanged not the original.

Whilst I don't support this as direct evidence there is a movie called the Devils Double based on the real life story of Latif Yahia whom was Uday Hussein (Saddam's son) double.

\

You seem to think that people testing the credibility of the claims you make is flaming.

If you're going to make yourself interested with politics and security issues you really should get used to people testing you on your theories otherwise you're just going to come across as thin skinned and unable to justify why you believe something.