Irate Irene

!@#$%

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The threat level is "EXTREME" along the East Coast from eastern North Carolina to southern New England.

Irene is a hurricane that poses an extraordinary threat and is one that no one has yet experienced in North Carolina to the mid-Atlantic to the Northeast and New England.

This includes Norfolk, Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York City, Hartford, and Boston. This hurricane has the potential to produce flooding rains, high winds, downed trees (on houses, cars, power lines) and widespread power outages. Significant impacts along the immediate coast include high waves, surge and beach erosion.

Yeah, if this has any effect on my vacation in north cackalacky I am not going to be happy..

Hope 3 weeks is enough time to clean up..

just got back last sunday from two great (and lucky) weeks in frisco, nc (obx).

if you're staying north of Cape Hatteras Nat'l Seashore, you may be okay. If it's bad, i'd expect not much to be cleaned up anywhere south of Oregon Inlet when highway 12 becomes two lanes, and the island gets skinnier. Good luck though.

in florida the locals are used to it.. the news likes to hype it up alot... it slams us .. power goes out .. flooding.. downed trees everywhere.. roofs get ripped off.. yada yada ... money gets you nothing after a few days (plus if you got money its gonna be expensive for whatever you want) its all about the barter system ... gas food and water after 4-5 days that's all that matters.. (but if there is still no power in your area the gas stations don't work so you cant have gas and wherever there is .. expect to wait in line for half the day to get whatever the limit is per person which is around 3-5 gallons) ..thats when you gotta start taking it from cars and keeping watch for people trying to buck you..some don't get power for weeks or months... police are working double shifts and so much going on its pretty slack ..(shit gets crazy)

lots of drinking and bbqs .. robberies are common.. after the first week or two depending on how bad shit got fucked up then the law starts cracking down... really it turns into something like the wild west down here

im in wilmington nc, its been raining since about 10am but not that heavy.

probably lose power, a few roads will flood, and there will be tons of canoes and kayaks strewn about.

wrightsville beach might get fucked up a bit, but the city will most definitely be operational.

oh and a bunch of felled trees and whatnot

edit* yes hurricane party. every neighborhood is having one because people dont want to drive in the rain :lol:

editedit* cape Hatteras is fucked, and obx is probably screwed too.

I don't give a shit about all yous guys beaches and roads and beach houses and what not.

I'm pissed this bullshit weather fucked up my plans to fly into New York city for a

weekend of partying and sikk tattz and graff n dance and shopping sprees.

Just kidding,

I hope all is well for my fellow oontzers.

I'm for real bummed about my jet-set weekend being ruined though.

I've never flown-in anywhere for the weekend before, looks like its not gonna happen for awhile yet.

I love it when the news starts about the impending hurricane and then they

cut to the new fuck on the staff who is doing a remote report from the hurricane's

mid-point and they ask him/her: "Hey fuckin new guy, how is it out there???"

FNG- "Well biff, it's fuckin raining and extremely fucking windy. Back to you doosch."

Well there you have it folks, it's raining......., and extremely windy.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

this shit had me rolling