Irate Irene

!@#$%

been awhile since i did a desctructo-hurricane-of-death thread...

who knows if this will be really bad rain

or an actual cataclysm

but it should be an interesting weekend

hurricane-irene-eye-110824-02.jpg

hurricane-irene-110822-02.jpg

hurricaneirene.jpg

she's not as massive as Katrina, nor is the eye as well defined, at the moment

but it does remind me of a Rita or Ivan sizer.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it when the news starts about the impending hurricane and then they

cut to the new fuck on the staff who is doing a remote report from the hurricane's

mid-point and they ask him/her: "Hey fuckin new guy, how is it out there???"

FNG- "Well biff, it's fuckin raining and extremely fucking windy. Back to you doosch."

Well there you have it folks, it's raining......., and extremely windy.

• Like 1

yeah, it is totally possible it'll just be two days of heavy rain and wind.

but i've got some water in the basement, i'll be sure we have some food.. fuck though, prolly be able to drive in it to a point.. i just realize after katrina that it's better to be prepared than to assume shit will be a cakewalk.

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/news/story/54098/hurricane-irene-to-slam-into-t.asp

There is potential for the worst hurricane impacts in 50 years along the northern part of the Atlantic Seaboard as Irene plows northward.

The impacts on lives, property, commerce and travel will be serious.

On its current forecast path, Irene would spread destructive hurricane-force winds (gusts between 80 to 100 mph) across the Delmarva coast, eastern New Jersey, New York City, western Long Island and southwestern New England.

A track directly over Atlantic City, N.J., and New York City would bring these intense winds westward to Philadelphia.

The strongest and most sustained hurricane-force winds will be measured in the immediate vicinity of Irene's center.

Widespread tree damage, major power outages and structural damage to buildings and homes would ensue. Glass windows could shatter along the sides of New York City skyscrapers.

Yeah, if this has any effect on my vacation in north cackalacky I am not going to be happy..

Hope 3 weeks is enough time to clean up..

Sorry bruh, if this shit hits the outer banks (or any NC beach) it's going to take a lot longer than 3 weeks for some clean up but they'll obviously still be vacation to be had.

Isabel in 2003 knocked out the beach road and created an island on an island...next level shit

DAMAGE%20TO%20OUTER%20BANKS%20-%20USGS.jpg

yeah, she is only getting stronger right now

the barrier islands are going to get pounded

Cape Hatteras is looking at 48 hours of rain, 8-10 inches, for comparison that's about 60 inches of snow.

winds 70-100 mph

they will be a different place in 3 weeks but yeah, i don't think it'll be mad max or anything

now for the fun in NYC

New York City officials say they're preparing for the total shutdown of the nation's largest mass transit system.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg says officials expect to shut down the city's entire transit system at some point Saturday afternoon ahead of the arrival of Hurricane Irene, which is now forecasted to strike eastern Queens. He says service likely won't be available again until sometime Monday or perhaps later.

Metropolitan Transportation Authority Chairman Jay Walder says that the system can't be safely operated with sustained winds of 39 mph or more. He says it will take at least eight hours to move all MTA equipment from low-lying storage areas and secure trains in protected areas, including in the system's underground tunnels.