Moving to New York City

enigmatic

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

those fees work this way: fuck that and keep looking.

If you are renting the apartment for the first time with a new lease, then that's your call. under no circumstance pay a realtor fee on a room you're moving into in an established apartment. realtor fees are bullshit in my opinion as there are pllllenty of free tools to use to get to view an apartment.

LIC and astoria are both nice commute wise. qnz plaze is serviced by the 7 r n and q so you're getting there one way or the other in any case

u should check out jersey city/hoboken or anywhere along the PATH line. right now i live in newark. it takes me about 20/25 minutes to get to the 23rd st station from penn station(NJ). which is only a few blocks from the gramercy.. i pay less than 900(utilities and internet incl'd) for a 2 bedroom apt. that i share with myself. but i also have a car and dont commute to nyc for work

Broker fees are rape, unless you actually intend to contact a broker and have them do all the looking for you. It's entirely pointless to find an apartment yourself and then be in the hole an extra grand or however much they charge, when all they did was unlock the door for you a couple times.

inj i could prob work something out in newark if u need roommates

Very generous man.

Lemme take a look at Newark and get back at you.

I have a friend that lives on Roosevelt Island. She does not pay that much for a room and seems to like it. You might want to check it out.

Yo ... really? theres a ferry id guess. where do you get food? shits like a vacation island.

She takes the train everywhere. She is not the kind of person to stay still, so I guess it is pretty easy to get around NYC from there if she is still living there. I think they have a mall and food store on the island, from what I gather from her.

Also, she is pretty poor, so I do not think it costs that much to live there.

I think most people just over look it.

do people still call heroin "horse"

why is everything in new york "wavyyyy" and why do they want to free this "maxwell b" ???

around here the street name for dope is and has always been boy.

girl is coke

i thought it was like that every[hood]where but i forget that nyc has to do it's own thing

damn i never even rode one of those before ... tight.

update: thanks to all of you who reached out and offered housing and/or friends and/or sarcastic remarks.

but the company i was in touch with is faking on me hard.

hasn't responded to me in 2 weeks and then finally after hitting them up the 6th time yesterday (!!) i got this response from their HR director type:

"Hello (INJURY)

Thank you for your continued follow ups. We do apologize for not getting back to you sooner but I'm sure we have mentioned our recent move.

With the partners away, ************ meetings and the move time has certainly been flying by rather quickly.

I assure you your numerous emails and phone calls aren't being ignored.

I shall be better organized mid week next week and will have an idea of our resources needs. I will reach out to you on next steps.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Thx

Sent from my iPhone"

even with the fact that she didnt care enough about the letter to say "thanks" instead of the 13 year old "THX LOL" ... this is a rejection. so im back on the market and looking for jobs and am probably not moving up there unless santa claus and the tooth fairy team up and grant me a job. given that this same company posted a "new employee lunch!!!11" on facebook today im assuming i got no chance.

oh well.

Archived