MLB 2011.. never to early thread!

KARD like WOE

What a game for Liriano - guy was on a short, short rope before this game with how poorly he pitched in previous decisions this season. I only caught the bottom 9 outs, but he looked completely different. Had a quicker pace and better selection sequence, not to mention his slider was moreso a sweeping breaking ball as opposed to being in the dirt for a strikeout. So maybe this whole change to "pitching to contact" practice preached by pitching coach Rick Anderson and Gardy isn't so bad. He's typically a strikeout guy, but since his TJ surgery he was feast or famine and I can't recall him EVER pitching more than 90-100 pitches (due to pitch count amongst other things) since he came up. I think his pace and sequence made the difference. He's not exactly the most cerebral, so taking out those few seconds of standing on the rubber took less time out of his head to try and think about what he was going to do.

Pitcher with nasty stuff, but he just can't be thinking about it for too long in between pitches.

Had command of his fastball (#rare), slider was great, but his change up was lacking command, hence the walks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I meant was that the Ump's officiating, for both teams, had an inconsistent strike zone. And at the end off the top of the 9th, when Cuddyer struck out and started arguing balls/strikes with the ump, I was thinkin, "Sit the fuck down and shut up..., don't fuck Liriano's mo-jo up." Funny how it happens between both teams fighting to get off the bottom.

It is all a part of the game. Wide zones, tight zones, amorphous zones.

We'll take it. Thats for damn sure.

Now, if someone other than Kubel could start hitting consistently. And if our bullpen, excluding Perkins, could stop blowing it. And a bunch of other shit.

On the bright side, I can't imagine Cleveland or KC can keep up like they currently are, and we should have Nishioka, Young, and Slowey back in the not too distant future. Mauer is still the great unknown though, and Butera is still pitiful as ever at bat. His batting average is worse than the average NL pitcher. Woof.

Liriano521.jpg

Edit: This should be a hell of a morale boost after getting swept for two series in a row. We need some more of that. Even seeing Pavano flip his shit and bash in a garbage can with a bat, or hearing about Span getting pissed in a clubhouse meeting is good in my book. Get that fire going.

I officially hate Baseball.

The White sox fucking suck, how do you have a roster like they do, start off being the predicted leader of the divisoin and then just suck ass constantly.

Sorry ass Ball team is all I have to say, Im not a fair weather fan but season after season this shit gets ridiculous.

Please god let football come back asap.

Really guys??? We're only 32 games into the season and you are giving up. Plenty of time left but I'll agree, it's been ugly. I doubt Ozzie was behind the Adam Dunn trade (Sgt. Strike out). He's battin .153 for a DH, .301 OBP at $12 mil/yr?!? Can I get Thome Back?!? Twins got him for $3mil/yr. As for our bullpen, Crane is descent, sale can setup, and Santos can close. Thornton is a bust, unless we're up 10 runs when he comes in. Boy cracks under pressure. Ozzie won us a title in 05- kinda carries some weight. It;s early still. If were on the same path in mid July, then we got some moves to make.

game on Sox... rain delays are great for fans at the stadium. seats that most cant afford are open and moved down too cuz many bounce out or dont show up...

and ALL HOT Dunkin Dounuts drinks are FREE in the whole park for the loyal fans who stayed... Fenway FTW...

Good showing by Plouffe for his first call up of the year. Looks like we got our replacement for Casilla, once Nishioka is back. And another quality start from Baker. Sure, he let them blast two homers, but thats how Baker will always be. Embarrassingly bad game by the Red Sox.

Too bad Plouffe was a retard in spring training. Hopefully he can put the bat on the ball. We sent down Holm and brought up Rene Rivera who might be a slightly better offensive catcher. Slowey was activated from the DL and we optioned Dusty Hughes to AAA.

Everybody is slowly coming back.

We've got about 7 AAA guys on the team right now with Young, Mauer, Thome, Repko, and Nishioka on the DL.