MLB 2011.. never to early thread!

KARD like WOE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Too bad the White Sox couldnt of played an 8 game series against Cleveland, wed of been set.

The Sox are finally getting hot, the pitching is spectacular, and the bats are starting to knock shit out of the park.

The season isnt over yet fellas, Chicago, Chicago!

I officially hate Baseball.

The White sox fucking suck, how do you have a roster like they do, start off being the predicted leader of the divisoin and then just suck ass constantly.

Sorry ass Ball team is all I have to say, Im not a fair weather fan but season after season this shit gets ridiculous.

Please god let football come back asap.

Welcome back.

my ballot.

photo-4.jpg

AL

1st. A Gonzolez red sox

2nd. H Kendrick angels

SS. A Cabrera indians

3rd. A Beltre rangers

C. A Avila tigers

DH. M Young rangers

OF. J Bautista bluejays, I Suzuki mariners, M Joyce rays...

NL

1st. J Votto reds

2nd. B Phillips reds

SS. S Castrp cubs

3rd. P Polanco phillies

C. Y Molina cardinals

OF. R Braun brewers, J Bruce reds, L Berkman cardinals.

LOL Placido Polanco?

Great. Looks like Glen Perkins is injured, effectively removing the only remotely decent pitcher in the Twins' bullpen. What an embarrassingly bad game this has been, since we went into the BP.

Edit: I guess more just since we got to Matt Capps. Worst fucking trade ever. I still can't believe we gave up Ramos for that mediocre asshole.

LOL Placido Polanco?

i vote for one phil and u give me shit.

yes PLACIDO PALANCO.

his fielding has been gold glove caliber. hes bating over 300 with nice numbers.

his percentage with men on is one of the best in the majors

and his percentage with runners in scoring position is even better.

he is having an all star year.

so yes i voted for him

ASSHOLE.

possible witness/suspects arrested in attack on giant fan

N.com news services

LOS ANGELES -- Police detained a suspect Sunday in the attack on a San Francisco Giants fan after Opening Day at Dodger Stadium, a brutal beating that prompted an outpouring of support for the victim and outrage in the sports world and beyond.

The suspect, whose name was not immediately released, was among several people detained for questioning after police served search warrants, Los Angeles Police Det. Jose Carillo said. Police said he was one of two suspects that have been sought in the case.

The Dodgers have raised the reward for information leading to the conviction of Brian Stow's attackers by an additional $100,000 for a total of $200,000.

It's unclear whether the others detained were possible witnesses or suspects in the March 31 beating that left Bryan Stow with brain damage, said police Sgt. Kunch, who declined to give his first name per department policy.

Several search warrants were served at an apartment building, Kunch said, but he couldn't say how many people were detained or whether they are male or female. Building manager Maritza Camacho told the Los Angeles Times, which first reported the development, that a SWAT team descended on the East Hollywood apartment using loudspeakers and with guns drawn.

Among the people marched out of the building was a man with a bald head and tattoos on his neck and arms, Camacho said, a description that appeared to match the vague sketches released by police of one of the two suspects. She added that he did not appear to resist being taken into custody.

Police planned a news conference for 7 p.m. ET at Dodger Stadium. Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, police chief Charlie Beck and Dodgers officials are expected to attend.

Stow, a 42-year-old paramedic and father of two, was beaten in a parking lot by two men in Dodgers gear after the season opener against the Giants. No arrests have been made.

Last week, doctors reported that Stow is able to open his eyes but remains in critical condition after being transferred to San Francisco General Hospital. Stow had been at Los Angeles County-University of Southern California Medical Center since the attack that forced doctors to put him into a medically induced coma to avoid having seizures.

Beck said recently that detectives are looking into about 500 leads in their search for the attackers. Rewards totaling more than $200,000 have been offered for information leading to the suspects' arrests.

"I can't even tell you the emotions that we're going through right now ” -- Kathy Stow

A tip from a parole agent led police to the suspect, police sources said, according to the Los Angeles Times. But officials did not provide details on why the agent tipped them off or what information led them to obtain a search warrant for the apartment building.

Los Angeles police have made the investigation one of their top priorities since the attack, assigning 17 of their top detectives from all areas of the city to work the case. PJ Morris, the lead detective in the case, said last week that police had followed leads from San Francisco to San Diego.

Stow's sister said police called her family Sunday morning to inform them about the search warrants.

"I can't even tell you the emotions that we're going through right now," Bonnie Stow told KABC-TV, occasionally choking back tears. "To be excited is the least we can say."

An outpouring of support for Stow included fundraisers that ranged from bowling tournaments to pasta dinners to donated services such as haircuts and fitness classes. The events are listed on the family's blog.

Stow and two friends were leaving the game when he was attacked. Moments earlier, Stow texted a family member to say he feared for his safety in the rowdy crowd.

Following the attack, Beck beefed up security at Dodger Stadium to deal with fights that had been breaking out at games in recent years.

Baseball fans have complained that anyone who dares to wear a rival team's jersey on Dodger turf has too-often been subjected to profane verbal abuse and threats of violence.

That dude ^ Fucking quick!

A's is on sleep and the VaGiants is on that beast mode. I wont talk shit because I don't have much confidence in Oakland's ability to make things right when they take 'em back to the Town. It hasn't been easy being an A's fan over the past eight years. (and I been going to games pretty steady since '87)... Still though, I'll be there - piss drunk and loud in the left field bleachers.

GG

i was at the Giants game today and was a great baseball game... got free innings and all! As fans were umad over sweep but not getting heckled oddly...

AT&T park its a real nice place but a bit too hokey and amusement park like for me. give me Fenway or Wrigley any day... food choices are great but it dont feel like a baseball park for me. its just so much!

before the game there were news people talking to fans about the arrest, some of the quotes were wild stupid...

i was at the Giants game today and was a great baseball game... got free innings and all! As fans were umad over sweep but not getting heckled oddly...

AT&T park its a real nice place but a bit too hokey and amusement park like for me. give me Fenway or Wrigley any day... food choices are great but it dont feel like a baseball park for me. its just so much!

before the game there were news people talking to fans about the arrest, some of the quotes were wild stupid...

The park just needs a little more weathering and it'll get some character going for it.

and i'm not surprised that there wasn't much heckling of the A's fans... it's all bay love.

The White sox are finally playing to the caliber they were predicted to play at, love to see em win by 5 or more runs several times over the past few series.

And of course the fucking Indians would be at the top of the chart with the best record in baseball currently.

Fuck.

On another note im not usually a proprietor of anyone beign arrested, but im glad those pussies that beat the guy into a Coma got cuffed up, fuck em.

And props to the Giants no doubt, Lincecum is a beast, when there were rumors last year wed go for him I was ecstatic. Between that and my secret crush on Suki I think im going to have to peep a Giants game when I get out to Cali this summer.